• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

It occurred to me ...

Diesel

• Premium Member

That the National Media doesn't respect Trae and The Hawks' Accomplishment. 

In the preshow, SAS had nothing to say about us. 

During the game, MJ and SVG keep reaching for first player to lead the league in Points and Assists since Archibald. 

Then they would talk about NY basketball as if we cared.   No reference to how long ago that was...   NO reference to this is a feat that Nash, Kidd, CP3, Magic, nor Stockton has ever done.  Just arbitrarily threw it out there like a little known fact.  But it was not given any reverence.

I hope Trae is 2nd Team ALL NBA.. or 1st team... if not.. it's because of the idiots in the media making the call. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I still can never believe that Mark Jackson is a #1 announcer.   The dude never has anything positive to say about anything.  Sounds like he's about to fall asleep and very little real insight.  With all the great announcers out there why is he still doing it.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Diesel said:

That the National Media doesn't respect Trae and The Hawks' Accomplishment. 

In the preshow, SAS had nothing to say about us. 

During the game, MJ and SVG keep reaching for first player to lead the league in Points and Assists since Archibald. 

Then they would talk about NY basketball as if we cared.   No reference to how long ago that was...   NO reference to this is a feat that Nash, Kidd, CP3, Magic, nor Stockton has ever done.  Just arbitrarily threw it out there like a little known fact.  But it was not given any reverence.

I hope Trae is 2nd Team ALL NBA.. or 1st team... if not.. it's because of the idiots in the media making the call. 

This one falls flat to me.  SAS picked the Hawks to win and gave Trae a TON of flowers for being "THAT DUDE."   He's still a little salty for the beatdown Trae put on his Knicks, but he respects Trae and declared Hawks would win because of Trae.  He doesn't have much respect for the rest of the squad.  I'll give you that.

As for MJ and JVG, I thought they spent the entire game lauding the Hawks and all their players.  Trae was struggling with his shot and they still found ways to marvel at his playmaking abilities and JVG mentioned at least 2 times that Trae was showing maturity in handling the game.  

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

This one falls flat to me.  SAS picked the Hawks to win and gave Trae a TON of flowers for being "THAT DUDE."   He's still a little salty for the beatdown Trae put on his Knicks, but he respects Trae and declared Hawks would win because of Trae.  He doesn't have much respect for the rest of the squad.  I'll give you that.

As for MJ and JVG, I thought they spent the entire game lauding the Hawks and all their players.  Trae was struggling with his shot and they still found ways to marvel at his playmaking abilities and JVG mentioned at least 2 times that Trae was showing maturity in handling the game.  

For MJ and JVG (I said SVG earlier ???), Charlotte gave them nothing to talk about.  They were reaching.  And in the early fourth when they were arguing about Mark Jackson's NY State Championship.   Bronx...Basketball.  It's was evident that the love was gone for calling the game. 

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

For MJ and JVG (I said SVG earlier ???), Charlotte gave them nothing to talk about.  They were reaching.  And in the early fourth when they were arguing about Mark Jackson's NY State Championship.   Bronx...Basketball.  It's was evident that the love was gone for calling the game. 

I mean, when the lead ballooned to 30pts I kinda get it. They are expecting a close, exciting post season game and got a blowout in the 2nd half.  But I didn't take anything they said or didn't say last night as any slight against Trae and the Hawks.  

56 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I mean, when the lead ballooned to 30pts I kinda get it. They are expecting a close, exciting post season game and got a blowout in the 2nd half.  But I didn't take anything they said or didn't say last night as any slight against Trae and the Hawks.  

Well and the game teetered on blow out in the first a few times with missed shots, ball handling errors inhibiting the flood gates.  There were a few times in the 1st I was like, yup, here it goes...then a turnover.

• Like 1