Atlanta Hawks v. Miami Heat Playoff Series

NBASupes

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So I guess Trae isnt hurt after all. He just isnt playing well right now. 

He isn’t listed on the injury report.  That isn’t always the same thing.  We should be able to tell pretty easily just watching game 5 by how he is moving.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AHF said:

He isn’t listed on the injury report.  That isn’t always the same thing.  We should be able to tell pretty easily just watching game 5 by how he is moving.

There is no "quick" in his first step. He pulls up immediately after step 1. Its pretty obvious his body isn't doing what he'd like it to do.

• Like 1

Start Delon and let Trae play offball some. What do we have to lose?

Miami is so intent on shutting down Trae on defense, it’s the complete focus of their defensive plan and they’re doing it great. It’s not just his shooting but the prevention of the offense running through Trae, between the late shot clock attempts, to the turnovers, shutting him down is not just about preventing him from scoring. So remove Trae from the equation so to speak, for a game, or even a quarter.

I'm not seeing a plan B from Nate.. smh

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but there is really no energy on the bench.  Guys just sit and watch for the most part except for a couple.   I don't think this team is very close.  

The entire team was standing for most of the 4th quarter in game 3.

I would like to see the Hawks play perhaps last game of this season without JC playing any meaningfull time. Play Trae, Kev, Dre, Gallo, CC, and bring OO, Bogi and Delon off the bench. That unit was huge vs. Cleveland and Hornets, and lets be honest (although without CC) that unit took game 3 of this series ( minus Gallo ) inspite of coach Nate being asleep at the weel during that 21-0 stretch. Good Lord I have never seen a coach in my 40 + yrs of watching NBA basketball that lets opponent go on such runs without any reaction.

Dude is slow...........................................

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The entire team was standing for most of the 4th quarter in game 3.

Yeah.  Maybe i'm wrong.   I'm watching other games where the teams are standing almost the whole game.  I see Hawks dunks and big threes (although not that many lol) and look at the bench and maybe one guy even moves in their chair.  

Look at the Heat bench on a floater in the first quarter by PJ followed by JC's three.  Only Knox can manage to raise an arm.  And that's probably just because he likes 3s.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I dont know if anyone else has noticed but there is really no energy on the bench.  Guys just sit and watch for the most part except for a couple.   I don't think this team is very close.  

I don't agree.  I've seen the team standing.   Game 4, we just didn't have much to celebrate after the first qtr.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, terrell said:

I would like to see the Hawks play perhaps last game of this season without JC playing any meaningfull time. Play Trae, Kev, Dre, Gallo, CC, and bring OO, Bogi and Delon off the bench. That unit was huge vs. Cleveland and Hornets, and lets be honest (although without CC) that unit took game 3 of this series ( minus Gallo ) inspite of coach Nate being asleep at the weel during that 21-0 stretch. Good Lord I have never seen a coach in my 40 + yrs of watching NBA basketball that lets opponent go on such runs without any reaction.

Dude is slow...........................................

Cleveland and Miami are two different beasts.  We were able to outrebound Cleveland for the most part. (with their bigs).   Miami is out hustling us.   Earlier in the series, we were hustling.  Last game... No hustle.   We have to hustle and play with the same fire we played Cleveland with.   If JC can bring that... then he should play.

What we need however, is for Gallo to wake up.   For Bogi to play the team game.  And for Kev and Hunter to limit mistakes. 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 10:42 PM, REHawksFan said:

FWIW it was a genuine question.  I've always liked Jimmy. We probably have different answers but it's a legit question, imo. 

This is the simplest answer I can give in a head-to-head series:

D29FFC2B-064E-44FF-BF39-AB55D389B0F3.thumb.jpeg.594ab72996adb87e55dd4708eadab945.jpeg
And I think Trae played better defensively on Heat role players than he normally does and made a lot of great possession advancing, non-assist passes in Game 5.

Edited by benhillboy

I just can’t understand the notion of filling Traes off ball and defensive holes with other players (they can’t be filled in any fashion).

Championship team building just doesn’t work that way.  Your focal player HAS to have role player sensibilities that inform and mold his teammates.

Edited by benhillboy

I have a glimmer of hope he can expand the areas of the floor where he operates outside of the middle.  Three point selection improvement will only come with a college-style disciplinarian at the Head.  His non-existent rim finishing ability especially on breaks will always be a team-hampering wart though.

Edited by benhillboy