• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

After further Consideration....

Diesel

• Premium Member

There needs to be a hit put out on Lowry. 

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.   I was willing to say that he was making a play on the ball.   

BUT...

I rewatched it..  He did that on purpose.   The whistle had blown the ball dead right after Jimmy Fouled Trae.  Right after. 

This dude heard the whistle... Saw Trae and took his shot.   That is illegal in Football too. 

It's obvious that there's a play him rough out on Trae.  All the slaps, pushes, grabs...  But this play was out of bounds on that.

I think about Bounty Gate seeing Lowry go for the Clip. 

I say... 
Put a hit out on him...

Nate...  We are not above it.  He went after our star... Could have been career ending.  And it was done on purpose.

I demand that we put a hit on Lowry to send a message to the WHOLE LEAGUE.

The Message is:

WE ARE NOT GOING TO TOLERATE IT!!   Keep it BASKETBALL...

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

In Case you missed it... Watch the stop in motion of everybody else... especially OO..   Watch Jimmy and Duncan as if this was mission accomplished... (on a dirty foul).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is good news.  They're so scared they can't defend the guy that this is their plan A.

Atleast Charlotte had enough professional pride to actually try some stuff.

As I said before, once we meet them at this level, they got no plan B, sun. 

Edited by kg01
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

This is good news.  They're so scared they can't defend the guy that this is their plan A.

I agree. They know the Hawks have the best player in this series. Their plan is to rough up and intimidate the Hawks and Trae in particular. The Knicks and 76ers had the same plan last season and it didn't work. Both of those teams got away with a LOT of cheap shots and the Hawks didn't back down, so I expect the same in this series. I honestly don't believe the Heat are as physical or tough as the Knicks and 76ers were in last year's Playoffs. Call me crazy, but I'm not nervous about the Heat like I was about the Knicks, 76ers, and Bucks last season. I'm chalking the blowout up to the Hawks having dead legs and no Capela. They still won't have Cap back, but they will look like a different team Tuesday night. 

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Well, you know what they say....hit back against the bully, they won't be bullies for long.

• Premium Member

What really steams me is Duncan Robinson...  As he saw Lowry Clip... he did a little celebration like Yeah!!  There was no reason for him to be celebrating a foul...   He was celebrating our star playing being clipped and possibly hurt.   This is what put me in the mind of BountyGate.  If the whole team is in on it, then it must have come from the top.  This is Spo...

I'm one for immediate retaliation.  Except with more resolve. I would like to see Lowry Concussed in game 2.  That sends the message loud and clear... you come after ours... we come after yours!  That is the Atlanta Culture. 

• Premium Member

I agree with @Diesel on this. I'll be honest. Some guy back in college was doing the put his foot under me or the other guards when we took a shot trying to Bruce Bowen our ankles.

Later on in the game he went up for  layup. I went up with him to block it. There was a time where this now old white guy could dunk on a ten foot rim so I could at least contest his shot. 

But I had no intention of contesting. My hand went up to contest briefly but came straight down with my thumb extended and I intentionally gouged the living **** out of his eye. He collapses on the court, I get whistled for a foul but nothing else. The guy is on the ground picking himself up when I lean over and whisper to him "You ever pull that shit again on me or my boys and I'll pop your eye out of its ****ing socket."

He stared at me in horror and shook his head like a scared child at me. He missed his free throws, had to go out of the game because of the eye and when we played them again that season he made a point to not once try and put a foot under someone. 

I am a fair and kind man and player. But if I know you are trying to hurt myself or my teammates I swear you will not get off that court without getting hurt. 

I hope we have at least one Hawk willing to do that. What the cHeat did to Trae was not just dirty but dangerous to his career and his health.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let me first say, I am not in favor of this but the most devastating thing is a shoulder check when a guy is trying to drive on you. Just as he leaps, instead of contesting, you just shoulder check him when he's first going up...it just rattles the whole body and you will wake up not right for days.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=32587991

What Morris did to Jokic here would get that reaction from anyone. Needs to be less obvious than that but you see what Jokic did after (and how Morris then covered up like a soccer player who tripped on the tall grass).  I don't know why but the shoulder check is just the most devastating thing. You get that same feeling in your body like when you've been rear ended. Takes like 10 seconds to really hit you and then your legs go to jello.

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Let me first say, I am not in favor of this but the most devastating thing is a shoulder check when a guy is trying to drive on you. Just as he leaps, instead of contesting, you just shoulder check him when he's first going up...it just rattles the whole body and you will wake up not right for days.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=32587991

What Morris did to Jokic here would get that reaction from anyone. Needs to be less obvious than that but you see what Jokic did after (and how Morris then covered up like a soccer player who tripped on the tall grass).  I don't know why but the shoulder check is just the most devastating thing. You get that same feeling in your body like when you've been rear ended. Takes like 10 seconds to really hit you and then your legs go to jello.

Part of the key to that exchange is that Morris would not have gotten anything more than a regular personal foul if Jokic didn't retaliate.  When Jokic raised the stakes, Morris ended up with a flagrant.  We need a bench player to let a foul like this rip and get hammered and then maybe they start issuing flagrant fouls for things like Jimmy, Herro and Lowry's BS plays.

If they are going to smash Trae's face, throw themselves at his legs and grab his neck then I am in favor of something like your shoulder check "solution."

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Who do we have capable to bully back though.   Can't think of anyone who's shown that fire. 

kev and bogi have the fire.  knox is too nice.  jj... iunno?  it cant be delon or OO.

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Who do we have capable to bully back though.   Can't think of anyone who's shown that fire. 

Trae is the only one who has the real 🔥 and will stand up for himself. Dieng don't take ish, so I would welcome him getting some minutes.

They just can't let Trae get ragdolled again, and NOBODY does anything and they take it in stride. 

We miss Solo The Knife.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae is the only one who has the real 🔥 and will stand up for himself. Dieng don't take ish, so I would welcome him getting some minutes.

They just can't let Trae get ragdolled again NOBODY does anything and they take it in stride. 

We miss Solo The Knife.

I hate to say it but TLC maybe our best bet.  At least he doesn't seem to be a guy that's friendly with a lot of other players.   

• Like 1