• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member

I think Hunter, Huerter, OO and Johnson return.    I think Collins or Capela is gone.   Gallo is def gone.    I agree Bogi is 75% gone.    I think Wright is 50 50.    But what do I know?    Just an opinion 

• Moderators

I'm just back to thinking Bogi and JC want to be somewhere else.  But it just seems like the Hawks are a MUCH better team when JC is on the floor so i just don't understand who we are replacing him with?

If I had to pick guys to trade I'd start with Bogi, Kev, Capela in that order.  And Bogi's only number one because i think he wants out and has the most value.  I really like the guy.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Why not wait until the trade deadline next year and see what you have?  If John is still not meeting your lofty expectations, there will be an opportunity to move him

That’s a big gamble.  
Right now, most of our main rotational players have some value. Not as much as last off season, but  there’s still the possibility of selling the idea of untapped potential.
If, however, we wait till the trade deadline and the poor play or injury issues carry over from this past season, then anyone we want to trade has lost even more value. 
Then we’ll find ourselves stuck with low value players, and a fan base bemoaning the FO lack of action for two off seasons in a row. We’d be watching WLOC 2: Atlanta Boogaloo. 
If TS says it was a mistake running it back after a good year, I highly doubt he willing to that again after a disappointing year. 

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You mean something like:

Collins/Bogi for PG13

Then sign Montrez Harrell. 

PG is on the wrong side of 30 for this team. 
That’s fine for Solos and Diengs who warm the bench, but not for high priced starters. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

From the list:

Knox might be back. Not a min deal but pretty close.  There is interest around the league but not more than a mil or 2 a year for him.  The Hawks liked his attitude....last few games helped him out but he liked the city.

TLC did like the group but like everyone would like more consistent minutes. Knows his role/value. May get more to go elsewhere.

Everyone else on the gone list should be gone.

Capela back is 50/50 (Won't be back next to JC).

Collins back is 50/50  (Won't be back next to Clint. If both are back I'd be very surprised).

Hunter back is 75/25 (trade interest)

Huerter back is 75/25 (trade interest)

Bogi back is 25/75 (I don't have time to write this out).

OO back is 90/10 (he is a trade chip teams would like).

JJ back is 90/10 (see above).

Wright is a 75/25 back.  He could be signed away for the right money but he liked Nate, team, role he settled in to.

Coop/Mays could both be back but Coop wants a role, Mays has some interest around the league. Teams see him as a gamer, good end of the bench, emergency fill guy. Hawks like both but there has to be minutes.

1022943396_SmilingLeoPerfectGIF.gif.5c782a99c76c30f5bc09f804487f543f.gif

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, georgia said:

Seriously?    Podcast or where did he report?

It was referenced in hawks twitter but I don't know where it originated from other than other folks were confirming it and talking about it. 

This isn't real news. Myself and the other insiders here have told you guys and gal for months about our interest in Ayton.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, thecampster said:

From the list:

Knox might be back. Not a min deal but pretty close.  There is interest around the league but not more than a mil or 2 a year for him.  The Hawks liked his attitude....last few games helped him out but he liked the city.

TLC did like the group but like everyone would like more consistent minutes. Knows his role/value. May get more to go elsewhere.

Everyone else on the gone list should be gone.

Capela back is 50/50 (Won't be back next to JC).

Collins back is 50/50  (Won't be back next to Clint. If both are back I'd be very surprised).

Hunter back is 75/25 (trade interest)

Huerter back is 75/25 (trade interest)

Bogi back is 25/75 (I don't have time to write this out).

OO back is 90/10 (he is a trade chip teams would like).

JJ back is 90/10 (see above).

Wright is a 75/25 back.  He could be signed away for the right money but he liked Nate, team, role he settled in to.

Coop/Mays could both be back but Coop wants a role, Mays has some interest around the league. Teams see him as a gamer, good end of the bench, emergency fill guy. Hawks like both but there has to be minutes.

I firmly expect Bogi to be traded and either Capela or JC traded as well. I would be shocked if two of those three guys are on the roster next season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

I wonder if Portis is more willing to leave with the Bucks out of the playoffs now. He’s not the ball handler we need but he could do a lot to shore up some of the defense that Bogi and Huerter don’t provide, as well as the rebounding Hunter rarely provides. 

He’s likely a cap causality regardless like PJ Tucker before the season.  Bucks might dismiss this season due to the Middleton injury and try to run it back but they’ve got a lot of key FAs on an already expensive core. 

I like Portis, just not as a replacement for a starter, but that is high quality depth that needs to be looked at. His toughness, athleticism, rebounding, defensive versatility, and shooting means you can mix and match him with any and all of the current frontcourt. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I'm just back to thinking Bogi and JC want to be somewhere else.  But it just seems like the Hawks are a MUCH better team when JC is on the floor so i just don't understand who we are replacing him with?

If I had to pick guys to trade I'd start with Bogi, Kev, Capela in that order.  And Bogi's only number one because i think he wants out and has the most value.  I really like the guy.   

Bogi - when healthy - is the closest thing the Hawks have to a 2nd option imo. He can get scary hot where teams have to pay attention. Don't think there's anyone else on the team that even makes teams concerned when they are hot.

Hunter may get there eventually, but he's still waaaay to inconsistent. More likely he goes cold before end of game than he stays hot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1