• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

it forced Randle to be the facilitator which is not his game.

Um. Well. He's not all that bad at it. Apparently. I mean, when you just look at PFs. Right?

2022-05-27_13-09-38.thumb.png.1ebf5f11f8

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sturt said:

*sigh*

That wouldn't be cool.

If you bring in Randle as Gallo's replacement that's cool.

In case anyone doesn't know already, I'm a .621 guy.... this roster needs to be tampered with as little as possible.

Let me get clear on this... b/c I'm now disturbed...

@thecampster you are saying you have intel from your source that "it would be to replace JC"... or you are saying that as a matter of your own conjecture... ???

@thecampster is scaring me now. No answer here. No chatbox sidebar. *sigh* *heavier sigh* He doesn't want to tell me what he knows I don't want to hear, I'm sure. *heaviest sigh*

Okay, too depressing. Maybe I'll do Twitter. Surely there's something more uplifting and exciting and encouraging over there today, yeah?

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Exactly!

If we can get Randle for Gallo you do it in an instant!

Like its wild that we even have to debate this!

Making that deal closes off our ability to make other moves so that would likely be part of the calculus here.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sturt said:

*sigh*

That wouldn't be cool.

If you bring in Randle as Gallo's replacement that's cool.

In case anyone doesn't know already, I'm a .621 guy.... this roster needs to be tampered with as little as possible.

Let me get clear on this... b/c I'm now disturbed...

@thecampster you are saying you have intel from your source that "it would be to replace JC"... or you are saying that as a matter of your own conjecture... ???

As a matter of math.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, thecampster said:

As a matter of math.

Okay, I think I can explain this better using a simple math table.

Assuming for a second the players not involved in any hypothetical scenario are: Trae, JJ.  All of Collins, Gallo, Capela, BB, Huerter, Hunter, OO are technically available in the trade bucket (Cap numbers only).  3rd group are cap holds,  That gives you 3 very specific financial buckets.

Bucket 1: $39,392,640 in salary.

Bucket 2: $113,396,867 contingent salary.

Bucket 3: $59,740,522.  Technically flexible since you can waive/resign any of these players at any time.

Contingencies. If you waive Gallo before June 29.

Bucket 1: $44,392,640

Bucket 2: $91,946,867

Okay, so you're building the Hawks. Your salary is bucket 1+bucket 2 + bucket 3 based on who you waive/gets resigned elsewhere/gets resigned here.  But for the purpose of the offseason and shenanigans you can kind of ignore bucket 3. Its flexible (ish).

Starting salary is either $152,789,507, 136,339,507.

If the scenario is Levine/Gobert, You sign your own free agents first, waive your rights on the rest, SnT for Levine 2nd and the LT is no obstacle. Then you complete the Gobert deal.  If the scenario is Ayton/Levine, same basic scenario but you can resign less of your own free agents and will incur some small empty roster holds. If the scenario includes Randle and either of the above scenarios, it gets very tricky.  The LT is $149,000,000.  Meaning you pretty much have to renounce all of your free agents and send out your 1st round pick in trade in either of the 1st 2 deals because Gallo's salary is still on the roster and you're starting at $152 mil. This is still possible but not a probable outcome.  Consider any deal involving Randle as an "OR" scenario and not an "AND".  But if it was 2 + Randle it would be complete the SnT's first, then Gobert deal (more salary back) or Ayton deal if less money is coming back goes first and Levine SnT second...then Randle.  It will all work, but it would require grave sacrifice on the lower end of the tree.  The major trick available here is to take back 2nd round picks in any hypothetical draft night trades as they have the cheapest cap holds.

Disclaimer:  Again, I am not in favor of, advocating for or saying this is what's happening. I just wanted some simple math to explain when others say it isn't possible, to show possible is possible, it just takes sacrifice and really bad future planning.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dean Walker said:

Exactly!

If we can get Randle for Gallo you do it in an instant!

Like its wild that we even have to debate this!

Sometimes we have to debate because the dude showed he’s got some strikes going against him. We need less volume buckets and more precision timely buckets. Not sure Randle is the latter.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Sometimes we have to debate because the dude showed he’s got some strikes going against him. We need less volume buckets and more precision timely buckets. Not sure Randle is the latter.

He can’t be the number 1 guy. If he is you’ll have seasons like he just did with the Knicks.

Randle as the 3rd or 2nd option to Trae would make us favorites in the east imo.

You guys are seriously underrating how talented/good Julius is.

I understand some people don’t like him or his game but say he wouldn’t be our 2nd best player behind Trae is disrespectful!

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm moving my Gallo trade idea here from #16 pick thread:

OKC trades Favors ($10.1), Muscala($3.5), Dort ($1.9) and Kenrich Williams($2) for Gallo (Hawks guarantee his $21.4 mil salary), 2022 Atlanta 1st #16, Charlotte 2023 Protected 1st (if needed and if the Hawks can work out extensions with both Dort and Williams). Hawks save $3.9 million

Trade occurs prior to the draft.

New Roster:

PG: Young (36.6), Wright, Cooper
SG: Huerter(14.5) Bogi (18), Dort
SF: Hunter (9.8), Williams
PF: Collins (23.5), Johnson (2.7), Favors
C - Capela (19.7), Okongwu (6.3), Muscala (T.O.)

Follow up trade for Ayton - Capela, Favors, Muscala 2 future 1sts..

I haven't worked out all the money minutiae but I think I'm close.

Yesssss!!!! If necessary, I’ll take Moose goggles back too!!! Fundy and reliable and a fan fav! :pilot:33333333333333!!!

1 minute ago, Dean Walker said:

Randle as the 3rd or 2nd option to Trae would make us favorites in the east imo.

No way. Trae and Randle would NOT make us favs in the East. I’m a biased Hawks fan but no, this would not catapult us to the top by any means. 

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

OKC trades Favors ($10.1), Muscala($3.5), Dort ($1.9) and Kenrich Williams($2) for Gallo (Hawks guarantee his $21.4 mil salary), 2022 Atlanta 1st #16, Charlotte 2023 Protected 1st (if needed and if the Hawks can work out extensions with both Dort and Williams). Hawks save $3.9 million

New Roster:

Moneywise, you're close.. But I don't see the benefit in this as you have it...

Why?

Keep #16.. it's  more valuable than all these players we have picked up to be on the third Unit.   Favors and Muscala probably retire.

That leaves Dort and Williams and I have heard good things about their defense but this doesn't move the needle.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No way. Trae and Randle would NOT make us favs in the East. I’m a biased Hawks fan but no, this would not catapult us to the top by any means. 

Ok fine maybe not better than bkn or Boston but everyone else for sure.

Julius &Trae would arguably be a top 5 duo in the league!

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

New Roster:

Aside: I swear, I love OKC's roster, just such a proverbial Forest Gump box of chocolates.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

He’s better/more talented than anyone on our roster besides Trae.

And it isn’t even close!

This is flatly untrue.  Don't fall for the one good year.  Look at his career as a whole.

14 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Randle would probably be more of an asset than Gallo is now

Randle is presently one of the worst contracts in the league.

• Like 3