• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Not saying I know anything 😏 but I know Brooklyn would love to pair KD with Capela. KD might be the most natural fit opposite Capela in the league. This is a poorly kept secret around the league.

3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Simmons to Hawks?

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Image of Oh no, I've said too much

Here come's @kg01

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Sturt wanted Pangos too. And a toilet 🚽 made of gold.

hehe... Spud you're just jealous.

I wanted Pangos for 3rd PG chair, and some NBA scouts and an NBA GM saw in him what I did, so I'm not apologizing in the least for my optimism.

Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. He wasn't able to shoot as reliably here for whatever reason.

Eriksson? No question he can shoot from anywhere and with great success. Question is if his body could stand up to the NBA game. He's pencil thin. And I'm not aware that he's a defensive asset. Similar to Pangos, if you brought him over, it would be as your 3rd guy, probably at SG, and you'd use him in very specific situations for limited amounts of time on the floor. But just watch the tape... he's deadly from outside the arc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The Deal from the Hawks perspective has always been Capela + Bogi + 16 for Gobert. Or Capela + Huerter + (unspecified pick) for Gobert.

The Deal from the Utah perspective has been Capela + Hunter + filler for Gobert.  I have no idea where he got Collins name from.

Conversations involving Collins have been for Collins + unspecified for other PF + unspecified. or Collins + unspecified for SG.

So much BS out there but those are the only conversations surrounding Capela and Utah and the only conversations surrounding JC and anyone.  FYI, the Collins for SG could be a draft pick but I'm not sure how that makes us better now.

(I had 6/15 marked on my calendar as the day of campster revelations... Christmas has come early.... hehe.)

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This.  And I think this is what the campster indicated back in early May.

This was the post from early May she is referencing. It is actually me giving attribution to an article that is validating what I said earlier. I actually said it back in April a few times that we'd prefer to send BB but they'd want Huerter (or Hunter but the salaries won't match).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

None of this sounds promising to me FYI.

But, whatever.

Instead of upgrading our only true weakness, which is a bonafide SG option next to Trae, we are going to ship out 3 starting level, high impact players for 1 max contract at center who can't perform in the playoffs and the roll of the dice to draft a wing that will sit behind whatever vets we have left on the roster. 

Got it.

We are about to get hosed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

A lot. 

CHA, TOR, BRK, WAS, PHX, DAL, UTA, POR, LAL, LAC, and IND

So who would interest the Squawk from these teams for Capela?

CHA - 

TOR - OG

BRK - Simmons

WAS - 

PHX - Ayton

DAL - 

UTA - Gobert

POR - 

LAL -  Empty cupboard

LAC - 

IND - Turner?

Just now, Dean Walker said:

Oo and Gobert can’t play together, the spacing would be comical!

that’s a disaster waiting to happen!

They can. Both have excellent touch around the rim and both are excellent movers off the ball. Whereas JC was our best mover off the ball and Capela mainly moves for rebounds and screens. Gobert and Okongwu make a lot of smart off ball cuts. Okongwu and Gobert can work. Okongwu and Capela, naw....

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

So who would interest the Squawk from this list for Capela?

CHA - 

TOR - OG

BRK - Simmons

WAS - 

PHX - Ayton

DAL - 

UTA - Gobert

POR - 

LAL -  Empty cupboard

LAC - 

IND - Turner?

Interest doesn't mean offers so idk. I know Brooklyn and a number of teams called around the ASB seeing what's his price tag if available. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

This was the post from early May she is referencing. It is actually me giving attribution to an article that is validating what I said earlier. I actually said it back in April a few times that we'd prefer to send BB but they'd want Huerter (or Hunter but the salaries won't match).

@Spud2nique  Camp did the homework for you.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

None of this sounds promising to me FYI.

But, whatever.

Instead of upgrading our only true weakness, which is a bonafide SG option next to Trae, we are going to ship out 3 starting level, high impact players for 1 max contract at center who can't perform in the playoffs and the roll of the dice to draft a wing that will sit behind whatever vets we have left on the roster. 

Got it.

We are about to get hosed.

I think what will happen if we get Gobert we will surely keep Collins.

OO I believe will show can shoot it next season but you take more risk if you pair him with Gobert rather than Ayton. At least with Ayton if OO still can’t shoot then we will not suffer since Ayton can stretch the floor.

On a defensive perspective I think Hunter, OO, Gobert around Trae would be great and if they draft Dyson he would fit right in year 1…but yes the offense would definitely struggle with Trae having all the responsibility even more now.

any Gobert trade JC and Hunter should not be moved in my opinion.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They can. Both have excellent touch around the rim and both are excellent movers off the ball. Whereas JC was our best mover off the ball and Capela mainly moves for rebounds and screens. Gobert and Okongwu make a lot of smart off ball cuts. Okongwu and Gobert can work. Okongwu and Capela, naw....

Interest doesn't mean offers so idk. I know Brooklyn and a number of teams called around the ASB seeing what's his price tag if available. 

There’s no way we’ll be able to play Oo and gobert together in the playoffs and expect to have any success!

Gobert will only thrive in a 4 out 1 in offense!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Just reading through the rumors and insider stuff each day, upgrading C and SG have always been the primary goals.

The Ayton/Gobert rumblings have heated up, but remained consistent.

For SG, if I remember early, LaVine was what our insiders were reporting we were targeting. When it came out he was going to resign with CHI, I think this coincides with when the JC rumors really started to heat up?

So guessing upgrading SG has shifted from LaVine, to top 7 in the draft.

But all that to say...props to our insiders.

Agreed!

Here’s what I hope happens IF the FO is set on trading JC…..

If we trade for Gobert…then JC would have to be traded for a top 4 pick to get Ivey.

If we trade for Ayton….then JC can be traded within the top 6-8 picks and we should land our target get decent vets back to round out the depth. 

now personally JC isn’t really moveable to me if you bring in Gobert but hey that’s just my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

There’s no way we’ll be able to play Oo and gobert together in the playoffs and expect to have any success!

Gobert will only thrive in a 4 out 1 in offense!

You don't know that. I don't even know that.