• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

None of this sounds promising to me FYI.

But, whatever.

Instead of upgrading our only true weakness, which is a bonafide SG option next to Trae, we are going to ship out 3 starting level, high impact players for 1 max contract at center who can't perform in the playoffs and the roll of the dice to draft a wing that will sit behind whatever vets we have left on the roster. 

Got it.

We are about to get hosed.

My thoughts exactly.  If we give up JC in a Gobert deal I am immediately on the fire Schlenk train. 

The more i have thought about this offseason, we are really young, and already have a really good team.  We weren't close to healthy in the playoffs.  We need to stop panicking and being prisoners of the moment.  I think we can compete with the top teams with our group already, and should mainly focus on upgrading SG.  Maybe that isn't an option THIS offseason, but new players will continue to come available next year just as they did this year.  What if Lavine re-signs with Chicago and they have a terrible 1st half?  He may end up on the block.  Lots of things can happen.  

Don't blow it up b/c we had such a weird year.  That being said, I'm still on the Ayton trade if we can get him for Capela/picks with KH or Bogi.  I'm fine trading Gallo.  Just don't think we need to take these huge risks and mortgage our entire future.  

Edited by AtLaS
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JTB said:

I will say that a lot of rumors as we know are BS but these last two from Jake Fisher has really picked up steam and goes with what are insiders here have been saying. That don’t make it sure thing of course but my gut feeling is different.

If A lot of the rumors ... we know are B.S.   and a lot of those rumors came from Fisher... then how is this rumor less B.S. (From Fisher). 

Fisher does a lot of what this new Media do... Shotgun B.S. until the fanbase grabs a hold of what they want to hear.  This has obviously worked for you... or should I say on You.

Because here it is...

You don't free up more PT for OO by bringing in a max level Center.

Secondly,   Jake Fischer hasn't said anything that aligns with a workable trade for JC.. so You're not freeing up time for OO at PF unless you say that when we waive Gallo, OO will get those minutes.   That just means, OO will be the road block to JJ getting PT at his natural position... because for some reason, our  FO supposedly believes that OO can be a great PF even though he has never played PF in LIFE and he doesn't possess the skillset of a modern PF.   KD, KAT, AD, Giannis.. These are the top PFs in the game.  All of them can step outside and hit three pointers.   All of them have damn near perfect PERFECT Midrange games. 

You keep talking about putting OO at PF... OO Has not taken more than ten Midrange Shots...  That's foolishness JTB.. QUIT IT!!!

Oh.. Wait..  You didn't mean that OO will be a top PF... He's going to be slow to begin...OK...

So who do you want to compare him with?

Lebron?  Kevin Love?  Jason Tatum?  Julius Randle? Siakim? Harris? Porzingus?  Gordon? Mobley? Morris Twins? ROBCO? Grant? 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Capela ($19.7), Huerter ($14.5) and #16 for Gober ($38) - difference of $3.8 million. 

Edited: Trade will have to occur after July 1st when Huerter is no longer PPP.

This new math is something.. or maybe new rules... Yeah.. I had it at roughly a 4 Million dollar difference.   I have always thought that unless you had some type of exceptions or one team was under the cap...... Because a team cannot make a trade that will put them 100,000 over the salary cap. 

After the 1st... we will be well over the salary cap with CC, Trae's, and Kev's new Salary hitting the board... so how are we supposed to be able to afford this 4 Million dollar gap?

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This new math is something.. or maybe new rules... Yeah.. I had it at roughly a 4 Million dollar difference.   I have always thought that unless you had some type of exceptions or one team was under the cap...... Because a team cannot make a trade that will put them 100,000 over the salary cap. 

After the 1st... we will be well over the salary cap with CC, Trae's, and Kev's new Salary hitting the board... so how are we supposed to be able to afford this 4 Million dollar gap?

125%+100,000 of the lower of the salary aggregate from the Hawks for trade rules.  Without Gallo, this move would leave us approximately 13 million shy of the LT.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We can't have OO and Gobert starting unless we're going in a time machine back to the 1980's. Two players who can only shoot at the rim? Wow. No.

Its funny, isn't the team that's about to win the title got worse shooters at the 4 and 5 than the Hawks right now

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

That what we been telling you about JC and Aytons together on defense.

To good defenders replacing an excellent one with a good one isn't a recipe for success. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

That's why there is the 'rumor' of JC for a lottery pick to a team with capspace to clear JC's salary of $23 million off the cap. Hawks cap after such a trade will be $112.6 million (at the draft), leaving enough room under the cap for the Gobert for Cap, Huerter, 16 trade after July 1st.

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Its funny, isn't the team that's about to win the title got worse shooters at the 4 and 5 than the Hawks right now

I don't want Gobert, but this is a great point. We shouldn't be afraid to play OO next to a C that's not an offensive juggernaut. It's easy to forget the offensive juggernaut we have in Trae. If we can just find the right SG to pair him with so teams can't focus their entire defense on Trae, I'm fine with defensive 4 and 5 (just don't want to trade for Nobert).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

5? No.

4 def.

I'm going to revisit that comment you made about who ever is coming out of the east is winning it. 

But I will wait, cause Boston is really played above my expectations.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, warcore said:

I don't want Gobert, but this is a great point. We shouldn't be afraid to play OO next to a C that's not an offensive juggernaut. It's easy to forget the offensive juggernaut we have in Trae. If we can just find the right SG to pair him with so teams can't focus their entire defense on Trae, I'm fine with defensive 4 and 5 (just don't want to trade for Nobert).

Gobert is way better on offense than Green and Looney

Okongwu is better offensively than Looney 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Travis should be fired immediately if this happens!

That would probably go down as one of the worst trades in nba history!

It's says "COMBINATiON" of players, not ALL those players.

This is also the Yahoo article from early May:

The Rudy Gobert trade market

Atlanta Hawks

Trade offer: Clint Capela, Kevin Huerter and a first-round draft pick

• Jazz rationale: The downgrade from Gobert to Capela is worth acquiring Huerter — a worthy Joe Ingles replacement with a higher ceiling — and another first-round pick to go hunting for additional upgrades.

Hawks rationale: Trae Young needs as much defensive help as he can get.

Exploring the trade market for Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert (yahoo.com)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

To good defenders replacing an excellent one with a good one isn't a recipe for success. 

But we don't know how good or bad they will be until they are on the court.

Two players who can only dunk is not a recipe for success either, but you are willing to wait and see on that.

Doesn't make sense Supes.

3 minutes ago, warcore said:

Looney, sure. 

But Draymond does too many things that don't show up in the stat sheet. He makes the right passes, screens, communicates... he's a major piece for what the Warriors do. His BBIQ is sky high... Gobert just has a body that's sky high. But not the brains.

Gobert does a lot that doesn't show up on the stat sheet offensively. Gobert is a top 15 player. He's legit, he's not smoke and mirrors like Ayton.

The average Hawk fan doesn't understand how good Gobert is and likely won't till he's in Atlanta.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Travis should be fired immediately if this happens!

That would probably go down as one of the worst trades in nba history!

You know what's worse than this BS rumor??

Spoiler

This guy hoping that Klay doesn't have one of those game 6s...

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

But we don't know how good or bad they will be until they are on the court.

Two players who can only dunk is not a recipe for success either, but you are willing to wait and see on that.

Doesn't make sense Supes.

Yall really don't understand this shit. These two are excellent movers off the ball. Gobert is also an elite PnR player. Gobert is really that f***ing good

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Gobert does a lot that doesn't show up on the stat sheet offensively. Gobert is a top 15 player. He's legit, he's not smoke and mirrors like Ayton.

The average Hawk fan doesn't understand how good Gobert is and likely won't till he's in Atlanta.

3 things

1) Players like Gobert shorten the floor for everyone else defensively. They change all the angles. (Yes, even more than Clint).

2) Players like Gobert change offensive possessions. He must be accounted for at all times. There is no recovering from he got position on you. He's too big. There is a reason he shot 71.3% from the field last year. Even on strictly 2's...that's the same as a 3 point shooter averaging 47.3 %...well except he isn't giving up long rebounds so its more like a sniper shooting 50% from 3.

3) Players like Gobert have free agent gravity. When you get 2 players of his caliber on a team, they encourage other free agents to want to come there and ring chase. Ayton at this point in his career doesn't do that, even LaVine doesn't do that.

People keep looking at his salary, but this is exactly why he's worth that salary.  His impact goes beyond 15/12. He changes the entire floor, the team outlook, the defensive assignments.  That Utah team was horrible without him on the floor. He's that impactful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1