• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Game impact...he might be.  Hey we disagree....if this was a drinking game we'd be so sober.

Ha.

Top 15 guys are those you would select to build your team around.

He's very impactful at what he does, game changer when it matters - still waiting to see it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No he is not.  

Make your list and see where he falls.

Take a second and think about this.  

Mike Conley/Bojan Bogdonavic/Royce O'neal

vs

BB (or Huerter)/Deandre Hunter/John Collins 

in a game of 3v3....10 games...how many does Utah Win?  (I've taken out Trae vs Mitchell, Gobert vs CC).

Utah won 6 more games than us last year.  They went 7-9 without Gobert but 42-24 with him.  That's a monstrous impact.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ha.

Top 15 guys are those you would select to build your team around.

He's very impactful at what he does, game changer when it matters - still waiting to see it.

see above

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

3 things

1) Players like Gobert shorten the floor for everyone else defensively. They change all the angles. (Yes, even more than Clint).

2) Players like Gobert change offensive possessions. He must be accounted for at all times. There is no recovering from he got position on you. He's too big. There is a reason he shot 71.3% from the field last year. Even on strictly 2's...that's the same as a 3 point shooter averaging 47.3 %...well except he isn't giving up long rebounds so its more like a sniper shooting 50% from 3.

3) Players like Gobert have free agent gravity. When you get 2 players of his caliber on a team, they encourage other free agents to want to come there and ring chase. Ayton at this point in his career doesn't do that, even LaVine doesn't do that.

People keep looking at his salary, but this is exactly why he's worth that salary.  His impact goes beyond 15/12. He changes the entire floor, the team outlook, the defensive assignments.  That Utah team was horrible without him on the floor. He's that impactful.

Dang man.  You've almost got me convinced.  But yeah, it's a tough pill to swallow being nearly DOUBLE what Clint costs.  Just seems like the money could be spread out more to have the same or better impact.  BUT, like I said.  You almost got me convinced.  

Just now, REHawksFan said:

Dang man.  You've almost got me convinced.  But yeah, it's a tough pill to swallow being nearly DOUBLE what Clint costs.  Just seems like the money could be spread out more to have the same or better impact.  BUT, like I said.  You almost got me convinced.  

see above

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47dpgl5u23nubnyqm3ly

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

see above

Yeah...I think I'm getting close to being on board with the impact, but I'm still skeptical of the cost and what it does for the rest of the roster.  

Haven't you said something about the Salary Cap increasing after next year or something?  Will there be any flexibility left on the roster if we are paying him and Trae a combined $70M+?  Honest question here.  I thought I remembered you mentioning that.  

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Take a second and think about this.  

Mike Conley/Bojan Bogdonavic/Royce O'neal

vs

BB (or Huerter)/Deandre Hunter/John Collins 

in a game of 3v3....10 games...how many does Utah Win?  (I've taken out Trae vs Mitchell, Gobert vs CC).

Utah won 6 more games than us last year.  They went 7-9 without Gobert but 42-24 with him.  That's a monstrous impact.

see above

Shouldn't that be Conley/Bogdanovic/Clarkson?

Bogdanovic = 18.1/4.3/1.7 on 38.7% from three. 

Conley = 13.7/3.0/5.3 on 41% from three..

Clarkson = 16/3.5/2.5 on 32% from three.

These are no slouches. 

1 hour ago, JTB said:

image.thumb.png.46899c76fc5aeacb06e5a910f5f6629d.pngIf any of this true…our fans better start readjusting their mindsets! 

these are not offensive moves and the plan is clearly ALL defense motivated this off season  if the plan is to have OO and Gobert at PF and Center.

I will say that a lot of rumors as we know are BS but these last two from Jake Fisher has really picked up steam and goes with what are insiders here have been saying. That don’t make it sure thing of course but my gut feeling is different.

a front court of Hunter, OO, Gobert is very strong defensively but it will come with price of having offensive challenges nonetheless.

are the hawks really that keyed in on just defense only ???

Trae 25+ ppg

Daniels 15 ppg

Hunter 18 ppg

OO 12 ppg

Gobert 15 ppg

Bench 20 ppg(JJ/Bogi/Delon)

= 105 + ppg

Hold our opponents to less than that and we go 82-0.. lol

images.jpg

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Hey kids we're going to Six Flags instead of Disney.  It's pretty much the same thing at half the cost.  Enjoy.

Get the bottom shelf liquor.  Pretty much the same thing just cheaper.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

Hey kids we're going to Six Flags instead of Disney.  It's pretty much the same thing at half the cost.  Enjoy.

Get the bottom shelf liquor.  Pretty much the same thing just cheaper.  

Touché.

But I'm not suggesting they shop at Goodwill to improve the roster.  I'm just saying you already have Clint at $19M while Rudy is $38M.  I'd rather pay Ayton $30M if we are going to upgrade C (which I think we should).  We also desperately need to upgrade Wing defense and add a 2nd playmaker.  So where's the money coming from if you got $70M tied up in 2 players?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Over the last 3 years, they are 9-12 (42.8%) without Gobert in the lineup.  They are 136-69 (66.3%) with him in the lineup.

For comparison, everyone's favorite Euro Luka.

Dallas record last 3 years without Luka 17-20  (45.9%)

Dallas record with Luka 120-72 (62.5%).

Realize the withouts are too small of a sample to pull from but the above suggests that Gobert is more impactful than Luka Doncic.

Lets try Trae but omit 3 years ago due to the poor record.

Hawks without Trae the last 2 years 8-7. (53.3%)

With Trae Young the last 2 years 76-63 (54.7% and I'm a Trae Stan).

yes, Gobert makes that much of a difference.

Lebron James - Lakers 22-35 (38.6%) without Lebron.  With Lebron 105-63. (62.5%)

The numbers suggest Gobert was more impactful the last 3 years than Lebron.....

So Ayton?

Without Ayton 35-27 (56.4%). With 114-51. (69%)

Winning % difference between with and without.  Yes he's easily top 15 from this simple look.

Lebron +23.9%

Gobert +23.5%

Luka +16.6%

Ayton + 13.6%

Trae +1.4%

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Yeah...I think I'm getting close to being on board with the impact, but I'm still skeptical of the cost and what it does for the rest of the roster.  

Haven't you said something about the Salary Cap increasing after next year or something?  Will there be any flexibility left on the roster if we are paying him and Trae a combined $70M+?  Honest question here.  I thought I remembered you mentioning that.  

The Hawks would only be trading away their depth,flexibility, draft capital, luxury tax space to finish 5th or 6th in the conference.  And by the way, 1 injury away from being a lottery team

• Like 1

Top 10: Lillard, Doncic, Embiid, Tatum, Bron, Leonard, Durant, Jokic, Giannis, Steph 11-15: Butler, Tatum, Booker, Trae, and Gobert. Harden, PG13, KAT, Brown, Morant, and Siakam are just outside of the top 15. 

For me, Gobert has a case for top 10 over Lillard. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

For comparison, everyone's favorite Euro Luka.

Dallas record last 3 years without Luka 17-20  (45.9%)

Dallas record with Luka 120-72 (62.5%).

Realize the withouts are too small of a sample to pull from but the above suggests that Gobert is more impactful than Luka Doncic.

Lets try Trae but omit 3 years ago due to the poor record.

Hawks without Trae the last 2 years 8-7. (53.3%)

With Trae Young the last 2 years 76-63 (54.7% and I'm a Trae Stan).

yes, Gobert makes that much of a difference.

Lebron James - Lakers 22-35 (38.6%) without Lebron.  With Lebron 105-63. (62.5%)

The numbers suggest Gobert was more impactful the last 3 years than Lebron.....

So Ayton?

Without Ayton 35-27 (56.4%). With 114-51. (69%)

Winning % difference between with and without.  Yes he's easily top 15 from this simple look.

Lebron +23.9%

Gobert +23.5%

Luka +16.6%

Ayton + 13.6%

Trae +1.4%

But what does that mean for him and his team in the playoffs where it matters most? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2