• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Touché.

But I'm not suggesting they shop at Goodwill to improve the roster.  I'm just saying you already have Clint at $19M while Rudy is $38M.  I'd rather pay Ayton $30M if we are going to upgrade C (which I think we should).  We also desperately need to upgrade Wing defense and add a 2nd playmaker.  So where's the money coming from if you got $70M tied up in 2 players?

Capela record without last 2 years. 10-7 (58.8%). With 74-63 (54%).  Last 2 years, we've had a 4% better winning percentage when Clint doesn't play.  Stew on that and then see the Gobert numbers.  The extra salary for Gobert is the salary lost in waiving Gallo.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Hey kids we're going to Six Flags instead of Disney.  It's pretty much the same thing at half the cost.  Enjoy.

Get the bottom shelf liquor.  Pretty much the same thing just cheaper.  

You obviously don't have kids?  To a kid, there is no difference. 

As far as liquor... I don't respect you calling Clint = Ancient Age...  The difference in their games isn't the same as Bookers to Ancient Age...

it's more like Makers Mark to Wild Turkey.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Yeah...I think I'm getting close to being on board with the impact, but I'm still skeptical of the cost and what it does for the rest of the roster.  

Haven't you said something about the Salary Cap increasing after next year or something?  Will there be any flexibility left on the roster if we are paying him and Trae a combined $70M+?  Honest question here.  I thought I remembered you mentioning that.  

TV deal expires in 25. So we won't see a massive salary increase till 25-26.  However, the last couple of years the cap was held down due to Covid.  Its based off revenues the previous season. Logic and reason says we should see good growth between now and 2025-26 when the new contract kicks in.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The Hawks would only be trading away their depth,flexibility, draft capital, luxury tax space to finish 5th or 6th in the conference.  And by the way, 1 injury away from being a lottery team

Not really saying much.  They can bring everyone back and still be 1 injury to Trae away from being a lottery team.  

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

And yet Gobert has won zero rings. He was been to zero Finals. Has he even made out of the second round? Ever? I can't remember if they ever have with Gobert.

I would take Ayton 24/7 over 31 year old with super max contract Gobert. Especially if the cost to get Gobert is crazy land talk or by simply having his monster salary we're forced to dump Collins just to get cheap elsewhere on the roster.

You act like the Atlanta Hawks got a lot of titles. They only been to the ECF twice in our Atlanta franchise history. 

I'll take Gobert who I said on record is the best fit for Trae, not just for guys available but for ALL players in the NBA. 

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

It still doesn't make him good enough to carry the team to a win.

Isn't that what Trae's for. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, REHawksFan said:

Not really saying much.  They can bring everyone back and still be 1 injury to Trae away from being a lottery team.  

Not True at all...The Hawks have been injured the past 2 years but manage to make it to the playoffs because of depth.  Even to the conference final because of depth.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yall really don't understand this shit. These two are excellent movers off the ball. Gobert is also an elite PnR player. Gobert is really that f***ing good

Nah, we all have our biases of what we like in a player and put on blinders for the players we like. 

All it is. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

And yet Gobert has won zero rings. He was been to zero Finals. Has he even made out of the second round? Ever? I can't remember if they ever have with Gobert.

I would take Ayton 24/7 over 31 year old with super max contract Gobert. Especially if the cost to get Gobert is crazy land talk or by simply having his monster salary we're forced to dump Collins just to get cheap elsewhere on the roster.

This whole discussion is crazy!  What you just said in a nutshell should be enough but there will still be discussions about Gobert like he is a transformative super star.  But anyway, let me shut up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, warcore said:

Looney, sure. 

But Draymond does too many things that don't show up in the stat sheet. He makes the right passes, screens, communicates... he's a major piece for what the Warriors do. His BBIQ is sky high... Gobert just has a body that's sky high. But not the brains.

Gobert doesn't even  have the leadership qualities of Clint.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

If you get Gobert, you don't have to move Collins. 

Gobert+ Collins = Plus, Plus defense in the front court against bigs, cutters. Only issue is switches on the perimeter. Better Collins offense in the front court. Bigs can't leave Gobert to double Collins. More efficient center play around the basket, slightly more room for guards to work. Best rebounding option.

Ayton + Collins = Slightly improved defense against bigs in the front court (than Clint), similar defense all around to Clint (but Embiid will no longer just eat lunch against us. He'll only average 25). Poorer team defense than Gobert. . Best offense from Collins. Most room for our guards to work. 

Because of the above, we'd need to move Collins to get better on the perimeter with Ayton because he can't cover the paint like Gobert. The main advantage to Ayton+Collins is opposing center must respect Ayton drifting out to 20 feet.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, thecampster said:

If you get Gobert, you don't have to move Collins. 

Gobert+ Collins = Plus, Plus defense in the front court against bigs, cutters. Only issue is switches on the perimeter. Better Collins offense in the front court. Bigs can't leave Gobert to double Collins. More efficient center play around the basket, slightly more room for guards to work. Best rebounding option.

Ayton + Collins = Slightly improved defense against bigs in the front court (than Clint), similar defense all around to Clint (but Embiid will no longer just eat lunch against us. He'll only average 25). Poorer team defense than Gobert. . Best offense from Collins. Most room for our guards to work. 

Because of the above, we'd need to move Collins to get better on the perimeter with Ayton because he can't cover the paint like Gobert. The main advantage to Ayton+Collins is opposing center must respect Ayton drifting out to 20 feet.

Give us that salary cap number with Gobert on the team then

• Premium Member

Ok... Let's get to the point of all this bickering back and fourth. 

Serious face....

😐

The only reason Gobert is even available is because he is not what his contract and his stats say that he is when the games count....  IF Mr. DPOY/Max Contract played up to his designations, do you think Utah would ever and I mean ever think about getting rid of him?  So the truth is teams have figured out how to beat Utah with Gobert...  i.e. his flaws are known.  This goes beyond they are just getting rid of him for flexibility.   IF he were as good as his contract and resume says, Utah would have at least been a WCFs team. 

The same thing is true of Ayton.   The reason Phoenix wants to trade Ayton is because they don't want to be like Utah in a few years... saying.. we shouldn't have given him a max deal.. he's not worth it.  Whereas Ayton has a very mature offensive skillset.. the transformation of that skillset and his defensive game has not come to the level where it meets a max contract.   Phoenix isn't giving up, but they are saying we're too cheap to put out the big money on a gamble.  There is nothing that says that Ayton will develop... and that's what scares Phoenix.. but they are not just going to give him away.

That's the truth.. ignore it if you like, it doesn't change it. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Who else will be on the team and how much will it cost???

I see y'all don't want to answer those questions because you are so busy playing 2k trade machine that you are out of touch with reality.

• Haha 3