• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Give us that salary cap number with Gobert on the team then

Same Cap, waive and stretch Gallo.  Clint + Huerter + #16 for Gobert.  $136.9 million. 8 players on the roster. Need to sign Wright, Knox, Cooper, Mays.  Tax payer MLE available (6.3 mil), 2 trade exceptions available $1.7 mil each average.

Substitute Bogi for Huerter and its pretty much the same numbers but you don't have to stretch Gallo.

Use Bogi and Trade Gallo as Jaybird suggests for 4 scrubs from OKC to fill out the bench ($16 mil in salary) and you have 12 players, $147 mil and your exceptions available.

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I see y'all don't want to answer those questions because you are so busy playing 2k trade machine that you are out of touch with reality.

No I just wanted to give you accurate data.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, thecampster said:

Same Cap, waive and stretch Gallo.  Clint + Huerter + #16 for Gobert.  $136.9 million. 8 players on the roster. Need to sign Wright, Knox, Cooper, Mays.  Tax payer MLE available (6.3 mil), 2 trade exceptions available $1.7 mil each average.

Substitute Bogi for Huerter and its pretty much the same numbers but you don't have to stretch Gallo.

Use Bogi and Trade Gallo as Jaybird suggests for 4 scrubs from OKC to fill out the bench ($16 mil in salary) and you have 12 players, $147 mil and your exceptions available.

What about the following year when you have to pay Hunter particularly if Hunter becomes an 18 ppg scorer and is commanding near max money?

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I see y'all don't want to answer those questions because you are so busy playing 2k trade machine that you are out of touch with reality.

I know the team...

Trae Young... Gobert....   Carl the fridgerator mover...  My neighbor Tom... and TLC...

With noKnox and Pape Sy Jr. off the bench.

Those would be the players that we could afford.  Oh I forgot..  Ace Custis, Xray Hipp, and Sean May told me that they would play.   And Theo Ratliff and Terrell Brandon still owe us some games. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, thecampster said:

If you get Gobert, you don't have to move Collins. 

Gobert+ Collins = Plus, Plus defense in the front court against bigs, cutters. Only issue is switches on the perimeter. Better Collins offense in the front court. Bigs can't leave Gobert to double Collins. More efficient center play around the basket, slightly more room for guards to work. Best rebounding option.

Ayton + Collins = Slightly improved defense against bigs in the front court (than Clint), similar defense all around to Clint (but Embiid will no longer just eat lunch against us. He'll only average 25). Poorer team defense than Gobert. . Best offense from Collins. Most room for our guards to work. 

Because of the above, we'd need to move Collins to get better on the perimeter with Ayton because he can't cover the paint like Gobert. The main advantage to Ayton+Collins is opposing center must respect Ayton drifting out to 20 feet.

Technically, you don't have to although you should. Okongwu and Gobert is a hell of a defensive tandem. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Ok... Let's get to the point of all this bickering back and fourth. 

Serious face....

😐

The only reason Gobert is even available is because he is not what his contract and his stats say that he is when the games count....  IF Mr. DPOY/Max Contract played up to his designations, do you think Utah would ever and I mean ever think about getting rid of him?  So the truth is teams have figured out how to beat Utah with Gobert...  i.e. his flaws are known.  This goes beyond they are just getting rid of him for flexibility.   IF he were as good as his contract and resume says, Utah would have at least been a WCFs team. 

The same thing is true of Ayton.   The reason Phoenix wants to trade Ayton is because they don't want to be like Utah in a few years... saying.. we shouldn't have given him a max deal.. he's not worth it.  Whereas Ayton has a very mature offensive skillset.. the transformation of that skillset and his defensive game has not come to the level where it meets a max contract.   Phoenix isn't giving up, but they are saying we're too cheap to put out the big money on a gamble.  There is nothing that says that Ayton will develop... and that's what scares Phoenix.. but they are not just going to give him away.

That's the truth.. ignore it if you like, it doesn't change it. 

He's available because him and Mitchell are the outs and the organization choose Mitchell like the Lakers choose Kobe over Shaq.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I know the team...

Trae Young... Gobert....   Carl the fridgerator mover...  My neighbor Tom... and TLC...

With noKnox and Pape Sy Jr. off the bench.

Those would be the players that we could afford.  Oh I forgot..  Ace Custis, Xray Hipp, and Sean May told me that they would play.   And Theo Ratliff and Terrell Brandon still owe us some games. 

Exactly!!!

• Premium Member

I think I've given enough to make my case. I really don't think I need to sit here and answer every one of your hypothetical scenarios. I've shown its doable, provided evidence it would help the team.

Win what???

• Premium Member

Scroll up and read and just look at his winning % impact the last 3 years compared to other players.

So you just want more win and that's it???  O.k.  So You want the Utah Jazz South ...Got it!

Okay, lets pretend I'm correct. The math is correct. The Gobert factor alone would increase their win totals over Clint by the suggested %. In that scenario we are winning 50 games a year instead of 43...I think its more but I'll stick with that.  That would have had us 2nd seed last this past year and completely changed our draws. 1st step in winning an NBA championship is secure a high enough seed to limit the amount of rough and tumble beating your star scorers will take. To do that, you need to finish top 4. Top 2 preferably.

• Like 3

Okay, lets pretend I'm correct. The math is correct. The Gobert factor alone would increase their win totals over Clint by the suggested %. In that scenario we are winning 50 games a year instead of 43...I think its more but I'll stick with that.  That would have had us 2nd seed last this past year and completely changed our draws. 1st step in winning an NBA championship is secure a high enough seed to limit the amount of rough and tumble beating your star scorers will take. To do that, you need to finish top 4. Top 2 preferably.

Yep, you get it. Its about raising our damn floor.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Exactly!!!

We can also get Jawad Williams, James Forrest, and  Aaron Peek..  They were on my pick up team last week.. I'm sure they ain't doing a whole lot next year...

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

IMO, the Hawks HAVE to find a 2nd playmaker AND upgrade the defense.  If Gobert is the D answer then fine as long as his salary doesn't prohibit the addition of the 2nd playmaker.  Adding Gobert while losing Huerter may help one area of the team but it hurts the other.  And let's be real.....the wings weren't all that great with Huerter / Bogi.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yep, you get it. Its about raising our damn floor.

Posters were so anxious to get off that treadmill by tanking 4 years ago and now want right back on it.  This is strange to me.

• Thanks 1

At the end of the day, this isn't our money to spend and Tony has made it clear that he will pay the tax if the team is a championship contender in his eyes. 

We can argue back and forth all day, but Ayton and Gobert are both upgrades to our Center position. As long as we don't give up too much for either player, I'm ok with either being our centerpiece for the offseason. Gobert's contract doesn't scare me as much anymore. 

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Poster were so anxious to get off that treadmill by tanking 4 years ago and now want right back on it.  This is strange to me.

There's ZERO reason to believe adding Gobert would make the Hawks worse.  You are just projecting and assuming to fit your perspective.  I'm not 100% sold on the trade idea but at least be logical and reasonable about it.