• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I get the feeling every rumor up to this point is from agents. It seems that the actual trades and signings will be way off from early speculation. My head is spinning with half the nba “showing interest” or will pursue so and so free agent.

I remember when the Celtics went to Durants entourage vacation in the Hamptons… my head was spinning and I thought the Celtics had it in the bag.

what I do know is these players are fickle as hell and change their mind on a feeling at the last moment.

The time of year of trades and rumors of trades - it's exciting to discuss, but take everything with a grain of salt. Trades are never as easy as the final trade details make them appear. It's easier for trades to fall through than nit is for a trade to happen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ayton is done with the Suns per Hollinger.

We can put together a better package than the Pistons wtf!

Pistons have capspace to offer him a RFA deal, so they'll either force the Suns to match a max offer or Suns be amenable to a SnT where they get minimal value.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's only a 'Dieselputer' rumor.....and as much as I would like to think Bogi is worth the #7 pick it's just unrealistic.

Oh it is? Lol. Ok, that makes a little more sense. I was like dang, that’s awesome the league value for Bogi seems unnaturally high for a Hawk being valued around the league. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Is Ayton worth the max though?   Can he dominate a game like you'd want out of that.  I'm always skeptical about paying bigs max money in today's nba unless they are very versatile and not injury prone.  Even Embiid, Jokic, AD, Kat have a tough time elevating a team to contender and i don't think Ayton is close to those guys.   Maybe paired with Trae it's just what we need though?

I'm asking.  I really don't know.

You've summed it up pretty well, that's why I'm against 'maxing' Ayton.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh it is? Lol. Ok, that makes a little more sense. I was like dang, that’s awesome the league value for Bogi seems unnaturally high for a Hawk being valued around the league. 

Some twilight zone stuff :laugh1:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Honestly I don’t either. Looking at his age being so young I feel there is untapped potential. Having said that, how much more does he have in the bag? Does he need more in the bag? Or just dominate what he already does to a high level.

He’s a tricky one. One day I see a David Robinson clone and another day he’s kind of a poor broke man’s Andre Drummond, who also was a Piston since it’s rumored apparently they like the prototype big strong center.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Bogi/pick for Richardson/#7?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Some twilight zone stuff :laugh1:

:sarcastic:I’m so foggy 🌫 and Diesel megging me left and right. 

image.gif.f461ff92a70840337b7bb6678bb7b385.gif

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Bogi/pick for Richardson/#7?

I’d pull this. I love Bogi but it’s a good bit of value in return.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Maybe without JC either. And Gallo. Possibly Bogi... get the drift... 

Well if they're all gone it means we made some more moves...Great... lol

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We can put together a better package than the Pistons wtf!

Would you want to?

I mean..  Isaiah Stewart, Kelly Onlyk and a first round pick in the draft.. can we better that?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's only a 'Dieselputer' rumor.....and as much as I would like to think Bogi is worth the #7 pick it's just unrealistic.

Nope.. .Dieselputer would talk to Detroit directly and try to get Grant for ourselves. 

Bogi for Grant would be Dieselputer's deal. 

so the fact that we bring PTL in tells me that there's something else here.

21 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Is Ayton worth the max though?   Can he dominate a game like you'd want out of that.  I'm always skeptical about paying bigs max money in today's nba unless they are very versatile and not injury prone.  Even Embiid, Jokic, AD, Kat have a tough time elevating a team to contender and i don't think Ayton is close to those guys.   Maybe paired with Trae it's just what we need though?

No. He's not worth the max. His talent is. But he's like Andrew Wiggins. You wonder if he can handle a much bigger load on both ends. I have my doubts defensively but offensively, Trae makes it so easy for centers. Even clowns like Damian Jones can be productive. He should produce and produce at a tremendous rate with Trae. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Pistons have capspace to offer him a RFA deal, so they'll either force the Suns to match a max offer or Suns be amenable to a SnT where they get minimal value.

They will never get minimal value. Especially if they let it be known they are open to a SnT which they already have let everyone know that they are open to a SnT. I don't see DET getting him. They aren't a winning team and they can be easily outbidded. 

22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yes, he is.  The slight drop off defensively will be made up for all the bunnies Clint misses that 90% of everyone here were complaining about.  Ayton is a fantastic finisher.  He also isn't restricted to the paint which opens up the offense even more.  Pick and rolls, pick and pops can be ran with him and JC.  He's a good offensive player and good defensive player.  That's what we need at the center position.  You max him out because he's only 23 years old.  Proved he will sacrifice to help the team win.  

He also improved in the short roll and on isolation plays during last season. 

With Trae Ayton will probably be a 23 and 12 rebound and 2 assist guy.  Those are all star numbers.  

I can't stress enough how badly Ayton will raise the floor and ceiling of this team. 

He'd also make up for the lack of wing's ability to self create.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, terrell said:

Well if they're all gone it means we made some more moves...Great... lol

If JC is gone. I would agree since I know what Atlanta wants for him. But the others, I am not sure. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Would you want to?

I mean..  Isaiah Stewart, Kelly Onlyk and a first round pick in the draft.. can we better that?

It will have to be a future pick....cannot use this year's draft picks in SnT deals....draft before FAcy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1