The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My preference in being aggressive is getting and overpaying for wing players rather than Center - that's just my stance.

What wing players are there to pay for? They almost never hit the open market. Trae plays through the bigs, not our wing players.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I already explained how you do. 

For example, since the Suns guy is saying that you can add players, that gives us flexibility to trade Bogi for a pick which they are already looking at. 

Since Bogi is moved. That's 18 mil out

Gallo could be moved but let's say he's cut. 17.5 mil out

Ayton deal. JC for Ayton and Saric. 

That's 23.5 mil out. 40 million in. 

Capela for lets say, to Washington for Deni Avdija and KCP that's 18.9 in, 19.8 out. 

That's 58.9 million in with 4 players + Gallo 5 mil. 

That's around 78 out with 4 players. 

We still have a lot of money. Just saying. You add a draft pick for Bogi and 16th. We are in a good spot honestly. 11 players, resign Wright. Sign a FA. And we are good. 

I mean anything is possible but it also has to have to reasonable expectations of actually happening.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

What wing players are there to pay for? They almost never hit the open market.

Just because one isn't available this offseason doesn't mean I would prefer to pivot and overpay at Center. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I mean anything is possible but it also has to have to reasonable expectations of actually happening.

Do you think any of this is unrealistic? Honestly? Phoenix needs a 4 more than anything. JC is the perfect 4 for PHX. 

He's a top 40-60 player, 48th highest paid player. His contract is for 4 more years. 

You can't beat that shit.

Then Capela is easy to move, you got 10 teams that want his services. 

Bogi, if the Spurs fall through, it could get tough if cap relief is what we are looking for. 

Gallo is the easiest to do on the list. 

What's unrealistic?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Do you think any of this is unrealistic? Honestly? Phoenix needs a 4 more than anything. JC is the perfect 4 for PHX. 

He's a top 40-60 player, 48th highest paid player. His contract is for 4 more years. 

Bogi, if the Spurs fall through, it could get tough if cap relief is what we are looking for. 

What's unrealistic?

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Capela for lets say, to Washington for Deni Avdija and KCP that's 18.9 in, 19.8 out. 

This^

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Chance of a Trae-Ayton-Grant "Big 3"? @NBASupes @Sothron @thecampster

Grant is gonna cost based on his team's current demands. Not a fan personally and never have been but there are fans of his in the organization. I know his future contract wants are huge but we will see. This could spell the end of Hunter and potentially open the Gobert trade window since Utah wants a big wing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What's unrealistic?

If Phx moves Ayton, they will need a center more than anything.

Why are you constantly trying to get rid of JC when there has not been a better proven four on  this team.

You don't have to do all those crazy moves to get Ayton.

Ship out Bogi or Gallo.  Send Capela to Phx - run out

Trae, SG (Huerter?, 16?), Hunter, JC and Ayton

Bench - Cooper, Wright, Hueter?, 16?, JJ, OO

I'd make some other potential around the edges moves, but that's a very good team if you ask me.

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Why are you constantly trying to get rid of JC when there has not been a better proven four on  this team.

I'd make some other potential around the edges moves, but that's a very good team if you ask me.

The only issue is that Phoenix will be looking to cut some dead weight salary in Saric and/or Shamet....so the Hawks will need a 3rd team to take them and pay compensation as well.

The only issue is that Phoenix will be looking to cut some dead weight salary in Saric and/or Shamet....so the Hawks will need a 3rd team to take them and pay compensation as well.

I'm aware, just not complicating things here..lol

I haven't read that's what Phx was wanting to do.  They just wanted to stay out of the tax.  Maybe that's how they do it, but that seems to be on Phx and not part of the sign and trade.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

They like McGee and want to bring him back and Capela isn't beating OG in a deal. JC will for this team as he's a perfect fit. Ideally, Capela makes the most sense but it's about beating other offers. JC is our best player that's available. For Ayton, we gotta do the uncomfortable. If Capela gets it done. That's what I would prefer. 

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yep, even with Gallo cut. Its difficult to do this SnT with Ayton because even adding small NC contract to the deal, we still gotta take in Ayton 11.5 million if it's just Capela. Then you gotta beat other teams offers. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They like McGee and want to bring him back and Capela isn't beating OG in a deal. JC will for this team as he's a perfect fit. Ideally, Capela makes the most sense but it's about beating other offers. JC is our best player that's available. For Ayton, we gotta do the uncomfortable. If Capela gets it done. That's what I would prefer. 

On the flipside...Ayton wants to be featured..why would he sign to go to Toronto to battle Siakim and Barnes for touches?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Yep, even with Gallo cut. Its difficult to do this SnT with Ayton because even adding small NC contract to the deal, we still gotta take in Ayton 11.5 million if it's just Capela. Then you gotta beat other teams offers. 

Ayton also has a say in where he wants to play. Teams without capspace are at a disadvantage. Ayton could just decide to sign an offer sheet with say the Spurs and put a halt to all this, Suns get Poetl or match offer.

Ayton also has a say in where he wants to play. Teams without capspace are at a disadvantage. Ayton could just decide to sign an offer sheet with say the Spurs and put a halt to all this, Suns get Poetl or match offer.

Suns fans actually want Phoetl. The issue is they also want Keldon who SA have shown no signs of wanting to move. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

My numbers are slightly off (rounding): 

Trade Gallo with zero salary in return puts us at $131.5 in guarantees plus #16 pick $3 = $134.5

$134.5 -$19 (Clint) + $30 (Ayton) = $145.5 million, under LT by $3.5 mill (empty roster charges)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Suns fans actually want Phoetl. The issue is they also want Keldon who SA have shown no signs of wanting to move. 

Suns fan can want prime LBJ, doesn't mean they will get it. It's a sign and trade.

I too was wondering if Ayton would want to go to Toronto.  Toronto will be in the same boat as Atlanta if they take on the other contracts because they wouldn't have the cap space to take on an Ayton max.

Again, I think Capela and pick (s) is what Phx would want.  

No need in trying to get rid of JC.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My preference in being aggressive is getting and overpaying for wing players rather than Center - that's just my stance.

I know. No argument…if we could land Lavine I’d be all for it . While I don’t believe a wing star is a best offensive fit for Traes style I’m surely not going to be mad if we land a wing star …..but even then I’d still trade for Ayton if possible.

going to be a fun summer. That’s for sure.