• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

29 minutes ago, marco102 said:

JC is better than any player the Hawks are getting so why do all that when it's not necessary is my question.

Why would you trade away JC when you can have OO backing up Ayton and can play with both Ayton and JC.

You can trade Gallo to Okc for just a draft pick.  OKC is WAY under the cap.

I do not care about JC as much as you do. Honestly, I would take Ayton and Gobert without thinking twice over him. I've moved from JC. He's easy to trade for me and he's the most valuable piece we got. If I believe Capela would get it done, I wouldn't bother to talk about JC but with all this competition. I don't see it. You need a heavy hitter. Clint isn't a heavy hitter regardless if he's a top 10 center. 

That said, here's a deal with Clint. Just replace JC with Clint and replace Saric with Craig. 

I personally looked to package Craig and Bogi to see if we can land bigger fish or a better fit. 

Packaged Craig to WAS, Bogi to Utah, Carey Jr to PHX, and Kispert and KCP to Atlanta. I would love Deni but 30th likely isn't going to move Washington. 

Saved us some money and got good fits. Kispert as a sharp who can play the 3 as a backup and KCP as a backup 2 replacing Wright. 

Micic backup PG. 

Okongwu and JJ will be the backup 4 and 5. 

That should make you keep JC at cost guys happy. It doesn't matter to me. I just want a legit guy with star potential or in Gobert case, impact. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member

I guess getting Ayton gives us something to talk about and gives Ayton's Agent more firepower to talk about a bigger deal..

Here's my question for all of you championing this deal...

So we want to :

1.  Give away Bogi for a future protected first round from San Anton

2.   Give away a smaller contract like JJ...  and probably give away our first rounder this year (caphold) probably for a future first or 2 2nds....(Let's say Orlando 32 &35 for #16) 

3.  to Trade Capela for Ayton.

So in all, we're talking 

Bogi/JJ/#16/Capela  for Ayton/future 1st from SA/#32/#35

So here's my question...

Is Ayton worth all of this...

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I guess getting Ayton gives us something to talk about and gives Ayton's Agent more firepower to talk about a bigger deal..

So we want to :

2.   Give away a smaller contract like JJ...  and probably give away our first rounder this year (caphold) probably for a future first or 2 2nds....(Let's say Orlando 32 &35 for #16) 

So in all, we're talking 

So here's my question...

What you proposed above doesn't have to happen. You can keep Bogi and JJ and have Ayton. 

You just have to move Gallo and Capela to make the trade work.

• Premium Member

Grant doesn't seem like the guy to me... I do think he's better than his stats playing for a tanking team that didn't have a serviceable PG, but I don't know how he really makes sense for us.  I would assume we would pick him up only if we have a tier 1 target we're shipping JC out for, but even then, that leaves us with ...Kevin Heurter as the starting SG.  Unless the tier 1 target is Lavine/Mitchell/Beal which means we have the worst back court defense of all time, so I don't see how this makes sense.

I generally have been fine with Schlenk, but I am a little wary heading into this offseason with how clear Ressler has been about making moves to win now.  There aren't that many key players available and I'm scared we're either going to overpay or do something really dumb to get marginally better.

10 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Grant doesn't seem like the guy to me... I do think he's better than his stats playing for a tanking team that didn't have a serviceable PG, but I don't know how he really makes sense for us.  I would assume we would pick him up only if we have a tier 1 target we're shipping JC out for, but even then, that leaves us with ...Kevin Heurter as the starting SG.  Unless the tier 1 target is Lavine/Mitchell/Beal which means we have the worst back court defense of all time, so I don't see how this makes sense.

I generally have been fine with Schlenk, but I am a little wary heading into this offseason with how clear Ressler has been about making moves to win now.  There aren't that many key players available and I'm scared we're either going to overpay or do something really dumb to get marginally better.

Tony needs to chill if he's pushing this hard for change. Focus on impact players for us. Not overpaying for high level jags. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Diesel said:

So we want to :

So in all, we're talking 

So here's my question...

We cannot trade picks in this year draft for Ayton who will be a SnT. 

Gallo and 16 to OKC for Micic, Kenrich Williams, 30 and 34. Fillers like Maledon, Wiggins, and Moose. I cannot add Micic name so Waters is just a placeholder for Micic.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-6-2022_11-43-53PM.png

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We cannot trade picks in this year draft for Ayton who will be a SnT. 

I didn't say this years pick in trade for any of those... 

Reread.

• Thanks 1

Gallo is basically a cheat code. Even though his contract is 21.4 million. Because of his 5 million dollar buyout, it basically counts like a player making 12 million. This is why I am able do a trade for 8.9 million for Gallinari 21.4 million deal. Obviously if traded before June 28, on behalf of OKC, Atlanta can decline his deal which means when the trade is listed as final, his contract is 5 mil guaranteed for OKC. Moose is another good case. His value is still 3.5 as he doesn't have a guarantee, just a club option. OKC on behalf of Atlanta can decline the option and hes an UFA. All of the players in the proposed deal I wrote can be released without cost for Atlanta which is not in Atlanta best interest as they need bodies. 

16 for Micic, Williams, 30 and 34 seemed like a no brainer to me. Obviously the fillers have to added to compete the deal for Gallinari min. This deal can be added into another deal which is how any Ayton to Atlanta trade can be completed. 

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Gallo is basically a cheat code. Even though his contract is 21.4 million. Because of his 5 million dollar buyout, it basically counts like a player making 12 million. This is why I am able do a trade for 8.9 million for Gallinari 21.4 million deal. Obviously if traded before June 28, on behalf of OKC, Atlanta can decline his deal which means when the trade is listed as final, his contract is 5 mil guaranteed for OKC. Moose is another good case. His value is still 3.5 as he doesn't have a guarantee, just a club option. OKC on behalf of Atlanta can decline the option and hes an UFA. All of the players in the proposed deal I wrote can be released without cost for Atlanta which is not in Atlanta best interest as they need bodies. 

16 for Micic, Williams, 30 and 34 seemed like a no brainer to me. Obviously the fillers have to added to compete the deal for Gallinari min. This deal can be added into another deal which is how any Ayton to Atlanta trade can be completed. 

Maybe you aren' showing the complete roster, but the Hawks are only allowed 15 players. 

Can you show what your proposed roster will look like?

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Maybe you aren' showing the complete roster, but the Hawks are only allowed 15 players. 

Can you show what your proposed roster will look like?

Atlanta has 9 players right now. They dont have to waive rights to add players. Minus Gallo, its 8. 

This trade would send 4 players + a player right which don't count to Atlanta. With 30th overall having a roster hold once the new CBA starts. Considering Moose counts as a spot till the trade is official, it would be 12 players on the Hawks. Let's say we get Ayton and Craig or Ayton and Saric. That's 14 - one of Capela or JC which is 13. 

Say Atlanta opts out of Moose, that's 12 plus 3.5 mil to spend. They sign Micic, 13. Sign 30 and 34 overall, that's 15. Then again, they will likely cut Wiggins and Maledon and sign Cooper and Mays. Use 44 and C. Brown for two way. That's possible too. 

They still have the rights to Wright, Dieng, and some others. I think they lose the rights to Knox if they don't give him a QO which obviously won't happen. 

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:eyebrow: Who da f..

He is a decent center. Hes been a metrics darling. A top 15 center for sure who's getting top 10 praise. Stats are showing up in multiple categories. He's showed more scoring chops this year as he's featured more. He's under a really great deal too. You just wonder how good is he since he's on a bad team in general. He had a breakout year. 26 turning 27. Has a nice blend of being a good offensive and defensive center. He is not a paint protector so that really limits him on D to a degree but his switch ability is impressive. He's a good player, I just dont have him in that next tier. Clint and Turner. I do think he's moved to the current Brook, Steven Adams and Jonas V tier. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He is a decent center. Hes been a metrics darling. A top 15 center for sure who's getting top 10 praise. Stats are showing up in multiple categories. He's showed more scoring chops this year as he's featured more. He's under a really great deal too. You just wonder how good is he since he's on a bad team in general. He had a breakout year. 26 turning 27. Has a nice blend of being a good offensive and defensive center. He is not a paint protector so that really limits him on D to a degree but his switch ability is impressive. He's a good player, I just dont have him in that next tier. Clint and Turner. I do think he's moved to the current Brook, Steven Adams and Jonas V tier. 

Ya he was solid in Toronto as well. He’s a better pro than I thought he would turn out for sure. 

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Steven Adams and Jonas V tier. 

I’d still rather have these two.

• Like 1

I feel I've explained this enough but I guess not after reading last night's threads.

If you trade Gallo for similar financial value, you lock the Hawks in at above the LT and severely limit any signings we can do in the offseason. You also greatly restrict your options in sign n trade and every team in the league will know they're holding your fuzzy dangling bits in the fire for trades.

Please stop with the trading Gallo. If you're trading for Jeremy Grant, you have to find a trade partner willing to take back JC. Please have fun and speculate as much as the next person but if Travis sends out Gallo (instead of releasing him or holding him) and takes back similar salary, I'll jump on the Travis sucks wagon with the rest of the negative Nancy train.

With Gallo's salary and the 16th pick, we are 6 million over the Luxury tax, at the apron and still 5 players short of a full roster.  Trading for Grant frees up $4 mil off that number (when 16 is included) but really doesn't do anything for us financially and leaves us 6 players short.

• Like 3