The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member

Wha... now Grant???

Okay, okay... the  6-table-salt-crystal-nacl-dennis-kunkel-   rule now applies, if it didn't already

Be prepared to have pretty much any player on the trading block (SnT or otherwise) linked to us in the next two weeks.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, sturt said:

Wha... now Grant???

Okay, okay... the  6-table-salt-crystal-nacl-dennis-kunkel-   rule now applies, if it didn't already

Be prepared to have pretty much any player on the trading block (SnT or otherwise) linked to us in the next two weeks.

It's the silly season.  Don't take it too seriously.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I feel I've explained this enough but I guess not after reading last night's threads.

If you trade Gallo for similar financial value, you lock the Hawks in at above the LT and severely limit any signings we can do in the offseason. You also greatly restrict your options in sign n trade and every team in the league will know they're holding your fuzzy dangling bits in the fire for trades.

Please stop with the trading Gallo. If you're trading for Jeremy Grant, you have to find a trade partner willing to take back JC. Please have fun and speculate as much as the next person but if Travis sends out Gallo (instead of releasing him or holding him) and takes back similar salary, I'll jump on the Travis sucks wagon with the rest of the negative Nancy train.

With Gallo's salary and the 16th pick, we are 6 million over the Luxury tax, at the apron and still 5 players short of a full roster.  Trading for Grant frees up $4 mil off that number (when 16 is included) but really doesn't do anything for us financially and leaves us 6 players short.

We can trade Gallo, just not for equal salary. We can't do a Grant for Gallo deal, it's not possible for the reasons you stated. But we can do Gallo for scrubs to OKC and rights to Micic for 8.9 million. Gallo contract is a steal since it almost operates like a PP. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

Wha... now Grant???

"Atlanta wants to upgrade, just say they're interested."

• Like 2

Trae / micic / cooper

Huerter / #16 or vet min

Hunter / kenrich Williams

JC /  JJ

Ayton / OO / vet min

That would be solid imo

16 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I get it now, basically we just gotta do a trade for the BYC like it's the PP. Now Ayton trade salary is 19 mil but his real salary is like 30.5 mil which will impact us which is why Gallo has to go as that matters. 

That said, we can do like Chicago did which is do a trade but really add pieces you want as a part of the deal but it's not what validated the deal. The deal has to be done within the range. Why Bogi or even a player like OG can be traded. But Atlanta can do a deal within a deal which includes Capela for Shamet and Saric. This might not appeal to Atlanta otherwise but it's really all a part of this massive deal. This is why Toronto also in high on Ayton. OG fits in his 19 million dollar BYC number. I get it now, this shit is like the poison pill. We just gotta be Morey like. That's all. 

Anyone, myself, @JayBirdHawk, @sturt or any other wanna be cap expert on this site that feels they've 100% got a handle on the CBA and its rules 100% of the time is more delusional than a Kings fan on draft night.  Don't beat yourself up.  These rules are made to stop cheating. Simple trade rules are way easier to circumvent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

We can trade Gallo, just not for equal salary. We can't do a Grant for Gallo deal, it's not possible for the reasons you stated. But we can do Gallo for scrubs to OKC and rights to Micic for 8.9 million. Gallo contract is a steal since it almost operates like a PP. 

We won't find such a deal but Gallo + 16 for 4 players that add up to < $20 million/year would be the ideal scenario. 2 vets, 2 young players, all of who could play in a pinch. If you're looking for Gallo trades, those are the only ones you'll find. Maybe find a diamond in the rough season in there.

Just now, thecampster said:

We won't find such a deal but Gallo + 16 for 4 players that add up to < $20 million/year would be the ideal scenario. 2 vets, 2 young players, all of who could play in a pinch. If you're looking for Gallo trades, those are the only ones you'll find. Maybe find a diamond in the rough season in there.

Or if you want someone else's gigantic contract that they don't want (a Westbrook/Wall type of a contract) you could move Gallo + 1 higher priced player for matching and get back that gigantic contract + a draft pick. But that's it. That's what you can reasonably do with Gallo. It has to be either someone some team needs to get rid of on a longer term that's willing to give us a high pick to take or the 4 for 1 swap that lets us fill out roster slots on the cheap.

This was the best I could come up with and I tried a lot of different types of deals.

Replace Micic with Waters. Micic rights are the most important as he will be our BU PG.

Cut Maledon for Cooper

Maledon cut 

Cut Moose and sign Micic to a 4/16 million deal.

New Look Hawks

Trae/Micic/Cooper

Kevin/THJ/Wiggins

Hunter/Williams

Grant/Saric/JJ

Ayton/Okongwu

Plus Sign 44th overall to a min deal. 

Two way Brown and a rook. Mays would cost too much. 

I would consider cutting Wiggins. 

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-7-2022_9-54-09AM.png

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, CJB said:

Trae / micic / cooper

Huerter / #16 or vet min

Hunter / kenrich Williams

JC /  JJ

Ayton / OO / vet min

That would be solid imo

Will yall stop with the Trae Huerter starting backcourt please? Good grief..

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This was the best I could come up with and I tried a lot of different types of deals.

Replace Micic with Waters. Micic rights are the most important as he will be our BU PG.

Cut Maledon for Cooper

Maledon cut 

New Look Hawks

Trae/Micic/Cooper

Kevin/THJ/Wiggins

Hunter/Williams

Grant/Saric/JJ

Ayton/Okongwu

Not to nitpick and I'm a fan of what Huerter brings but I'm starting THJ in this lineup and I'm not cutting Moose for a 2nd round pick.  Muscala is not a good rotational player but he is a very valuable 10th-12th man type and very valuable in need to stretch the floor situations. If I can put him on a roster for $3.5 million as an emergency 4/5....absolutely.  Not really into playing this game and I haven't digested salaries or probabilities in this alt universe but THJ starts over Kevin and Moose gets that last roster spot. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, thecampster said:

This was my 4 for 1 Gallo plus #16 trade idea a week and half ago:

On 5/27/2022 at 10:26 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm circling back to this. The most OKC can offer Dort on an extension this offseason is 4yr/$56 million, otherwise he can become an URFA next offseason and ANY team can sign him outright using their capspace.  Word is OKC may prefer to go into the 2023 season with only Shai on a long term contract, so they may not extend Dort this offseason.

So I'm expanding the deal:

OKC trades Favors ($10.1), Muscala($3.5), Dort ($1.9) and Kenrich Williams($2) for Gallo (Hawks guarantee his $21.4 mil salary), 2022 Atlanta 1st #16, Charlotte 2023 Protected 1st (if needed and if the Hawks can work out extensions with both Dort and Williams). Hawks save $3.9 million

Trade occurs prior to the draft.

New Roster:

PG: Young (36.6), Wright, Cooper
SG: Huerter(14.5) Bogi (18), Dort
SF: Hunter (9.8), Williams
PF: Collins (23.5), Johnson (2.7), Favors
C - Capela (19.7), Okongwu (6.3), Muscala

Trade would occur prior to the draft which means we can still trade any of the newly acquired players as long as they are traded separately. They cannot be aggregated for 30 days (I think).

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Will yall stop with the Trae Huerter starting backcourt please? Good grief..

That teams not beating the Celtics, bucks, Nets and Miami.

that’s a mid seed playoff team at best.

I don’t get the fascination with Grant.

he’s a decent role player at best.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Cut Maledon for Cooper

Maledon cut 

New Look Hawks

Trae/Micic/Cooper

Kevin/THJ/Wiggins

Hunter/Williams

Grant/Saric/JJ

Ayton/Okongwu

What in holy… incoming to Hawks.. 9 players.. :indifferent: ummm.. okaaaayyyy. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This was my 4 for 1 Gallo and #16 trade idea a week and half ago:

I can get behind this as a starting point. Then post moratorium see what we can then spin for alternate resources, delay consummation of the deal beyond the 30 days.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Not to nitpick and I'm a fan of what Huerter brings but I'm starting THJ in this lineup and I'm not cutting Moose for a 2nd round pick.  Muscala is not a good rotational player but he is a very valuable 10th-12th man type and very valuable in need to stretch the floor situations. If I can put him on a roster for $3.5 million as an emergency 4/5....absolutely.  Not really into playing this game and I haven't digested salaries or probabilities in this alt universe but THJ starts over Kevin and Moose gets that last roster spot. 

We gotta cut Moose to sign Micic. I would prefer to keep him but Micic is way more important. We gotta have a legit BU PG. The hard cap is a concern. Micic will cost 4 mil at the least. How do we sign him and stay under 6 mil LT is HARD

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Our scientist capologists have gone too far…

image.gif.8e5f9d09435c1f87e9d7087441ba3a2b.gif

Agreed.  Once I see a deal with 3-4 moves and 6-9 players and 4-5 teams and whatnot flying all around, I tune out.  NBA deals are rarely that complex.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, thecampster said:

@sturt or any other wanna be cap expert

Let's be clear.

I don't want to be a cap expert.

And I could never be a cap expert for the same reasons that a law or accounting degree never appealed to me.

But the NBA and the union effectively have forced me as a fan to study it enough to make the pass/fail cut. *sigh*

How those brain cells could have been so much more productively appropriated. *heavier sigh*

• Haha 1