• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

40 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I pretty much figured it out. 

We have to trade Gallinari and 44th overall to a team with cap space. 44th overall is for a team that's willing to take on 5 mil of Gallinari salary. 

We use that deal as the bases to any deal. 

We can go after OKC pieces like Micic or others. 

For Ayton. That's really easy once a team takes on Gallinari contract. 

Because of BYC, Torrey Craig has to be added to the deal but Craig can be moved to a team like OKC for NG fillers and a 2nd rounder to take on Craig contract. 

Obviously a Bogi deal would help us too but Gallinari already has clear incentives of 5 mil. Bogi has a trade kicker. 

I would prefer to trade Capela over JC and its not even close but if it takes JC, we can do this deal as well. 

This is probably the most feasible deal for Ayton we can do. 

Glad you have come over to the dark side. 😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So with a lull in the conversation I'll restate something I've said before. I take no pleasure in the whole trade/free agency/waiver game. In my head, it treats players like chattel and I've never been okay with I sign a contract with Philly but you can force me to move to Utah or not get paid any more.  I really hate that aspect of the NBA. 

I hate that people totally dismiss it because "dey make alls that money" (as if that makes it all ok).

Yes, moving doesn't hurt them as much financially as it would the "regular dude/dudette" but it still sucks bonkey dalls to have that happen unexpectedly.

Me and the mrs. have researched schools intently and have settled on one that seems to work well for all the kids.  I'd be devastated to have to do that again and in a totally different city .. or country!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I hate that people totally dismiss it because "dey make alls that money" (as if that makes it all ok).

Yes, moving doesn't hurt them as much financially as it would the "regular dude/dudette" but it still sucks bonkey dalls to have that happen unexpectedly.

Me and the mrs. have researched schools intently and have settled on one that seems to work well for all the kids.  I'd be devastated to have to do that again and in a totally different city .. or country!

To be fair, each NBA team has people that assist players with that in each local market. A lot of the player live in the same community (or close by), kids go to the same schools (usually private). I hate it for the players but I really hate it for the families. The kids didn't sign up for 6 schools in 7 years just because their dad was born tall. Or the wives always being the new wife in town with a preselected small group of friends (players wives tend to all know each other on teams).

It really is a different life for the families. Are they rich? Sure! But they are people regardless.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So with a lull in the conversation I'll restate something I've said before. I take no pleasure in the whole trade/free agency/waiver game. In my head, it treats players like chattel and I've never been okay with I sign a contract with Philly but you can force me to move to Utah or not get paid any more.  I really hate that aspect of the NBA. 

Yea well youre typical bench warmer makes more than a heart surgeon. So there's the side of it as well. 

• Premium Member

I'm trying to figure out if Micic is the same player that I was scouting last year - a decent sized Euro PG that someone on here was posting video of.  I stopped following him because someone in here posted an article saying that he chose Europe over the NBA.  Like this player had no interest in the NBA. 

Is Vasilije Micić this same guy that a few of you were high on or am I thinking of someone else?  (Either way, I'm interested.)

2 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I'm trying to figure out if Micic is the same player that I was scouting last year - a decent sized Euro PG that someone on here was posting video of.  I stopped following him because someone in here posted an article saying that he chose Europe of the NBA.  Like this player had no interest in the NBA. 

Is Vasilije Micić this same guy that a few of you were high on or am I thinking of someone else?  (Either way, I'm interested.)

Yeah, last year, me and @sturt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I'm trying to figure out if Micic is the same player that I was scouting last year - a decent sized Euro PG that someone on here was posting video of.  I stopped following him because someone in here posted an article saying that he chose Europe of the NBA.  Like this player had no interest in the NBA. 

At this point, it sounds like he plans to continue choosing Europe until OKC trades his rights to another team.

• Like 1

Good news: We can trade Gallo for Micic to OKC and they can take all of his salary under 2022-23. 

Bad: If we want Gallo in a trade for someone like Ayton, that won't happen as his contract would have to be FG. 

So one of Bogi, Capela, or JC will have to clear space for us. While the other goes in a deal. We do get full TPE for Gallo which could come in handy for trades. 

This is so confusing. I was told we couldn't do this now I am told we can trade guys under 2021-22. 

Here's a trade I did. Micic is Waters!

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-7-2022_3-56-22PM.png

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Not sure, actually, but probably. Of course, I was infamously a fan of Hawks summer league phenom Kevin Pankos, but I doubt he's who you're referencing since he did, indeed, end up signing with CLE. Then, the other two that I remember thinking could come over were Marcus Eriksson (whose rights we still hold) but who is a pencil thin wing who is still among the best 3 pt shooters over there, and then some PF with some SF skills whose name I'm unable to recall. But he definitely wouldn't be remembered as a PG.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Good news: We can trade Gallo for Micic to OKC and they can take all of his salary under 2022-23. 

Bad: If we want Gallo in a trade for someone like Ayton, that won't happen as his contract would have to be FG. 

So one of Bogi, Capela, or JC will have to clear space for us. While the other goes in a deal. We do get full TPE for Gallo which could come in handy for trades. 

This is so confusing. I was told we couldn't do this now I am told we can trade guys under 2021-22. 

Here's a trade I did. Micic is Waters!

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-7-2022_3-56-22PM.png

Why would the Hawks screw up and do that this year? When they can use Gallo next calendar year?  You need to step away from the trade machine Supes and just wait to we are closer to the new league year. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I pretty much figured it out. 

We have to trade Gallinari and 44th overall to a team with cap space. 44th overall is for a team that's willing to take on 5 mil of Gallinari salary. 

Don't worry camps I got you.... keep napping. 

We are the only ones that can exercise the 5 mil partial guarantee of Gallo.... if we trade him to anyone, they are taking his full 21 mil. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1