The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

55 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Capela $19 million.

Gobert $38 million.

Gobert's better, just not twice as much particularly it has shown up in the playoffs when it matters most.

Fully agree with you on this and have been saying it for a long time now.  We all know Rudy is good and Ayton is good but good lord they imo aren't  2x as good cost wise + giving up multiple pieces to get them good over Capela and Onyeka.   If it was Capela + a 1st for Rudy and Rudy was making like 30 mil a year ok i can see it maybe.   But  twice the cost and all that stuff needed to get him no thanks.

If we can land Ayton this summer and that’s all we do I’d consider it a successful off season.

Ayton is enough to at least put this team in the playoffs and get out of the play-in fight. 

id love to see how teams try to guard Trae + JC + Ayton…..that’s a underrated BIG 3

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, AHF said:

If TS can get SGA and decides to trade JC and Huerter for Smart instead...

Airplane Movie GIF - Slapped Abused United Airlines - Discover & Share GIFs

We're not getting SGA for just JC and Kev...Gonna have to offer a bunch of picks too Im sure...There was supposedly already talks with Boston about Smart.. I thought the rumor was JC and Kev for Smart and somebody else... Not sure..

Edited by terrell

38 minutes ago, JTB said:

If we can land Ayton this summer and that’s all we do I’d consider it a successful off season.

Ayton is enough to at least put this team in the playoffs and get out of the play-in fight. 

id love to see how teams try to guard Trae + JC + Ayton…..that’s a underrated BIG 3

I think ya'll underestimate how much worse we get on defense. 

We currently have an excellent defender next to a good defender and with a pretty good wing defender and we are 26th in the league on defense with a defensive minded coach. You downgrade to a good defender which Ayton is from Capela. We probably are the worst defense in the NBA but we should have the #1 offense. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Thats why I said we need 3 switchable defenders around them..

Edited by terrell

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Thats why I said we need 3 switchable defenders around them..

It ain't got nothing to do with being switchable. You need defenders who are elite or can become elite without them being trash on offense like Tybulle where its 4 on 5. 

Okongwu can become elite. 

Hunter has to get better but he's a pretty good man defender but he's lacking as a team defender. Our 2 guard has to be a much better defender. At least he has to be good on D. Right now, Kevin is just average on D and Bogi is below average at best on D. 

Edited by NBASupes

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It ain't got nothing to do with being switchable. You need defenders who are elite or can become elite without them being trash on offense like Tybulle where its 4 on 5. 

Of course they have to be good defenders with Trae/Ayton..

Smart/Hunter/OO or SGA/Hunter/OO

Edited by terrell

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We currently have an excellent defender next to a good defender and with a pretty good wing defender and we are 26th in the league on defense with a defensive minded coach. You downgrade to a good defender which Ayton is from Capela. We probably are the worst defense in the NBA but we should have the #1 offense. 

If that is a case, what should this team do?  Maybe we should run it back since we got all of this talent on defense

Just now, terrell said:

Smart/Hunter/OO or SGA/Hunter/OO

Smart works but Boston ain't moving him. SGA is not available when I recently checked. They see him, Giddey, and their 2nd pick as their cornerstones. 

That's why if we trade JC. I want Ivey or Sharpe because they got the potential to be good defenders while being #1 or #2 options on offense. Daniels is an strong option as well since he's a playmaker who's a plus defender with SG size. He just needs to shoot the ball much better. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It ain't got nothing to do with being switchable. You need defenders who are elite or can become elite without them being trash on offense like Tybulle where its 4 on 5.....

We interrupt this Supesday rant for a quick kg aside ...

Remember when folks started overrating this dude?  Guy's basically a guard version of Gobert on offense.  Good luck with that.

Just now, kg01 said:

We interrupt this Supesday rant for a quick kg aside ...

Remember when folks started overrating this dude?  Guy's basically a guard version of Gobert on offense.  Good luck with that.

Gobert is way better on offense. Way better. Don't do Gobert like that. Shit, Capela is way better than Matisse on offense. You can't be a wing and shoot like that. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not underestimating. If they really wanted a defensive upgrade you could resign Wright and put him in the starting lineup. With all the offense Trae, JC, Ayton can give you.

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Smart works but Boston ain't moving him. SGA is not available when I recently checked. They see him, Giddey, and their 2nd pick as their cornerstones. 

That's why if we trade JC. I want Ivey or Sharpe because they got the potential to be good defenders while being #1 or #2 options on offense. Daniels is an strong option as well since he's a playmaker who's a plus defender with SG size. He just needs to shoot the ball much better. 

I don’t think we are going to address the SG position this summer like the FO hopes to.

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What you think about Johnny Davis? He carried his team on offense while playing good defense.. Hawks should have a good selection of wing talent if they go that route.. I like the AJ Griffin and Mathurin too..We're not getting Ivey unless we get a top 4 pick.. The others should be there at 7(Diesel trade rumor.lol)..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NekiEcko said:

If that is a case, what should this team do?  Maybe we should run it back since we got all of this talent on defense

You can't fix everything in one day if it's not there. Fix what you can and build from there. 

You gotta have short term and long term vision but it gotta show value. If Atlanta gets worse from an Ayton/Capela trade. You gotta at least show that Ayton is an all star potential which makes Tony want to continue to build but if you run it back and the same results or you trade assets for Grant and you flop, Travis is good as gone. 

Fans ask if Travis trades JC for a pick, how quickly will he be judged. He won't be judged fast unless the kid shows no NBA potential like Culver. But if the kid stinks but shows flashes like Anthony Edwards or a young Giannis, he will be given time. 

Atlanta is in an unique position where they can make long term moves and short term moves. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTB said:

To me that all depends what it takes to get Ayton.  If we have to move 1 of Collins or a combo of Capela+ Hunter or something like that to do so then i wouldn't consider it a success honestly.   If ayton can be had without moving Collins or Hunter then im much more interested and would consider it a win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Daniels is intriguing as hell...