The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

1 minute ago, BangHolman said:

Agreed, I don't see it.

His role was perfect in Denver. He was an 4 on offense and defended 4s and big wings on defense. This player he is in DET isn't a winning player at all and what we need, he ain't it. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, sturt said:

Any predictions that are premised on the idea that Ressler and his employees are not all in on making the 2023 EC Finals at minimum, I believe to be seriously flawed at a fundamental level.

I'm just puttin that out there. For the record.

Carry on.

Idk how to answer your question.. if it's a question..

However, I think that Ressler and Co. were very excited by our being in the ECF last year. It's part of why a stand pat was able to fly last offseason.   When you look at that result, it brings in money and it brings in notariety... somebody that this franchise needs.   So yeah.. the moves we make will have that purpose. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Hawks should be all over isaac and fultz

There is no evidence that Isaac will ever be a high level basketball player again.  And, even if he does get back, there's a mountain of evidence that suggests his body won't hold up for long.

He's basically skinny-Zion.  And that, coming from me, is not a compliment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

If last year draft is indications, they wanted Josh Primo the most, then Duarte, then Sengun. 

Trade deadline. Tried to get Hart and most importantly McCollum. They been targeting guards who can shoot and drive and handle as a primary in a secondary role for over a year. My guess is, its Ivey, Sharpe, Daniels, or Mathurin. One of them four. 

Good thing Travis missed out last season.. Im taking Ivey, Daniels, or Sharpe over Primo and Duarte...I like Primo longterm over Duarte though....Dudes already 24..

And another center? They must see OO as our future PF??

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, h4wkfan said:

I would think Daniels or Sochan is the pick if we trade into top 10 - Ivey if top 5. I struggle accepting that trade if it includes JC.

bogi for Isaac trade is intriguing on paper. Especially since isaacs deal is on partially guaranteed starting year after next so if he never gets healthy, we can clear cap space and not be stuck. 

Sochan is the type of player we could use..Herb Jones lite.. lol...but isnt he consdered a 4/5 at pro level? How many do we need? lol. If we trade up its for a guard/wing imo...

Edited by terrell

Just now, terrell said:

Sochan is the type of player we could use..Herb Jones lite.. lol...but isnt he consdered a 4/5 at pro level? How many do we need? lol.

He's moving up the board like Williams with the Bulls. The Pacers are seriously looking at him as is the Blazers who's looking at everyone it seems. OKC wants to move up. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Sochan could be pretty good. I really like his versatility, but I wouldn't take a 4 over a wing. We've seen how hard it is to get a player to pair with Trae these last few seasons. It will be much easier to find a 4 in a different way.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

A lot of rumors of the Knicks trading up for Ivey.

it would be a 3 team where Por gets Randle and 11, sac gets 7 and 3 unprotected picks(from the Knicks) Knicks get 4, Barnes and Bledsoe!

that’s a good deal for all teams involved if true!

ivey is CAA so it makes sense why the Knicks are all in!

6 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

it would be a 3 team where Por gets Randle and 11, sac gets 7 and 3 unprotected picks(from the Knicks) Knicks get 4, Barnes and Bledsoe!

JC and 16 is just as good or better for Portland than Randle and 11...

Hawks should be in this.. lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, terrell said:

JC and 16 is just as good or better for Portland than Randle and 11...

Hawks should be in this.. lol

I disagree!

Por can possibly leave the draft with Randle & Jalen duren or mark Williams!

john Collins and whoever is there at 16 is not up to par!

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Idk how to answer your question.. if it's a question..

Yes, it's true that I sometimes wrap statements in the form of a question, and questions in the form of a statement... I'm just contrary enough to make folks try to figure that out... hehe.

But no. This time, it had a period, and really was a statement. To clarify... twas a statement in reaction to what seems to me to be some increasing belief that Ressler and his employees will gamble a high-end asset on the chance that a draft choice in a not-especially-head-turning draft will in 2023 be a greater benefit than that high-end asset.

Not buying it. I can't know what I don't know, of course, but it doesn't pass the smell test given everything else we know... not just has been rumored.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

There is no evidence that Isaac will ever be a high level basketball player again.  And, even if he does get back, there's a mountain of evidence that suggests his body won't hold up for long.

He's basically skinny-Zion.  And that, coming from me, is not a compliment.

At his current salary, I am willing to give it a shot like with did with Gallo. He might return back to form and even if he does, if he's close to what he used to be, he would be a replacement for Gallo. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

I disagree!

Por can possibly leave the draft with Randle & Jalen duren or mark Williams!

john Collins and whoever is there at 16 is not up to par!

Collins is better than Randle, especially on a team with Dame.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Collins is better than Randle, especially on a team with Dame.

Totally disagree!

Collins style fits better in a team oriented system!

But Julius is the better individual talent!

And it isn’t even close!

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

I haven't looked into it yet Dean. 3 unprotected 1st round picks + 7 from a legit lottery team sounds ridiculous. That don't even sound half way viable. That's a 90s offers when the draft was a lot weaker and far more top heavy. 

The NY side just sounds far too foolish for me to even want to make a call. The POR side sounds far more realistic but I have to check and see. I know Portland had interest in Randle but it wasn't for no assets. It was a Bledsoe for Randle swap straight up with no picks involved. I can't see how they would offer that and accept this but it's not awful for Portland. Also, unless this is in the 2021-22 calendar, this trade can't happen as Bledsoe has an option like Gallo. So while this sounds fun, it's not realistic. The Knicks can't even take on that much money. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GThawks3 said:

I absolutely hate the idea of watching Collins numbers/usage going down and then trading him. Hawks aren’t going to get = value back. No one at 7 I’d rather have than him. This isn’t a winning move at all. 

I don't think it's a winning move either. It would be a long term move to solve an issue they can't solve any other way. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Totally disagree!

Collins style fits better in a team oriented system!

But Julius is the better individual talent!

And it isn’t even close!

No he isn’t. Every advanced stat has Collins over Randle for a reason. You’re overrating him based on counting stats which isn’t the right way to look at things. Randle shoots 17+ shots a game + has led the nba in mpg last 2 years. Of course he puts up points. Not a fan of scoring 20+ on poor efficiency, turning the ball over a lot, poor defense ….

Edited by GThawks3
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's moving up the board like Williams with the Bulls. The Pacers are seriously looking at him as is the Blazers who's looking at everyone it seems. OKC wants to move up. 

If he can develop a bit of a face up game - I see him as pascal-lite. Being the resident pascal homer, that seriously intrigues me. But at the cost of JC!? Nah.