The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

No he isn’t. Every advanced stat has Collins over Randle for a reason. You’re overrating him based on counting stats which isn’t the right way to look at things. Randle shoots 17+ shots a game. Of course he puts up points. Him scoring 20+ on poor efficiency, turning the ball over a lot, poor defense is not some amazing individual talent. 

That’s fair let’s just agree to disagree!

but I don’t think John Collins will ever be good enough to be a top 3 player on a championship roster.

I can see it with Julius!

1 minute ago, h4wkfan said:

If he can develop a bit of a face up game - I see him as pascal-lite. Being the resident pascal homer, that seriously intrigues me. But at the cost of JC!? Nah. 

He's getting a lot of love. A lot of teams see a potential all star at the 4. 

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

I absolutely hate the idea of watching Collins numbers/usage going down and then trading him. Hawks aren’t going to get = value back. No one at 7 I’d rather have than him. This isn’t a winning move at all. 

Defintly swinging big to try and hit on a wing.. again. It's a long term move, but I do think it's easier to replace a 4 than find the player we need next to Trae. The last 3-4 years have shown that. I mean PJ Tuckers can be championship PFs.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No it's not....nobody's giving 3 unprotected 1sts to move up 3 spots in this draft.

Exactly - Because it is. 

I think you guys are misunderstanding what I said.

Knicks are trading 3 unprotected picks to move from 11 to 4.

the only pick portlands trading is 7th(goes to the kings)while they receive 11 and Julius Randle.

That’s a hell of a haul for the kings imo. To get 3 future unprotected picks from a team like the Knicks and to still get a lottery pick in the draft at 7 would be a great haul.

13 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

I think you guys are misunderstanding what I said.

Knicks are trading 3 unprotected picks to move from 11 to 4.

the only pick portlands trading is 7th(goes to the kings)while they receive 11 and Julius Randle.

That’s a hell of a haul for the kings imo. To get 3 future unprotected picks from a team like the Knicks and to still get a lottery pick in the draft at 7 would be a great haul.

We get it, we are telling you that there is no chance in hell any team is trading three unprotected 1sts. The only time we seen that of recent was Milwaukee for Jrue Holiday and that was TWO unprotected 1st which was for a top 30 player. The thing is, those picks will be late 1sts. The Knicks picks will be top 10 picks. This is not just horrible for NY, this might be the worst I've seen if it ever happened. I haven't bothered to text it because I am not trying to lose any respect. It's that bad bro. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here's the deal: It's based on 2021-22 roster/salary and has to be done before the new NBA year.  

It's not a horrible deal for the Knicks but it's a bad one. It gets the Knicks out of 32.5 million dollars meaning they are a major player in FA and it gets them a player they can build around in Ivey. I would imagine the 1st from DAL covers Randle but it's not even going to Portland, lol. 

It's a horrible deal for the Blazers. They wouldn't touch that shit in a million years. It takes them out of the FA market. It limits their squad at an extreme level. They wouldn't touch that shit with a ten foot pole. 11th overall isn't cutting it for PTL. 

It's an one in a generation deal for the Kings. Win-win. 

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-9-2022_1-08-34PM.png

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Here's the deal: It's based on 2021-22 roster/salary and has to be done before the new NBA year.  

It's not a horrible deal for the Knicks but it's a bad one. It gets the Knicks out of 32.5 million dollars meaning they are a major player in FA and it gets them a player they can build around in Ivey. I would imagine the 1st from DAL covers Randle but it's not even going to Portland, lol. 

It's a horrible deal for the Blazers. They wouldn't touch that shit in a million years. It takes them out of the FA market. It limits their squad at an extreme level. They wouldn't touch that shit with a ten foot pole. 11th overall isn't cutting it for PTL. 

It's actually a worse deal than I though for all teams. The Kings basically trade out of this draft. They get an unprotected 1st 2023 but the Knicks have the ability to change their roster after this deal meaning they won't be the same team. The other 1st is from Dallas, likely playoff team. Then a 2025 unprotected 1st. Yeah, naw. Teams don't trade out of 4 and trade out of drafts. This is a better deal than I thought for New York. Now I get why it's like that. You are basically asking a team to trade out of the draft at 4 and get picks from a team with cap space in a major market. It sounds better than it looks. 

After thinking about it. It's below average for Kings. 

f***ing awful for Portland. 

Not as bad as I initially thought for New York. They weasel their way out of terrible contract, get a stud player and have 20 mil in cap space. Wow! Yeah. It's not a bad offer for the Knicks. It's f***ing terrible for Portland. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The Knicks are desperate!

They aren’t getting a star in fa or by trade!

The only shot they have is on the draft!

I get it from there point of view!

we have our foundation piece/ franchise guy!

they’re just trying all out to get there guy!

7 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

The Knicks are desperate!

They aren’t getting a star in fa or by trade!

The only shot they have is on the draft!

I get it from there point of view!

we have our foundation piece/ franchise guy!

they’re just trying all out to get there guy!

I see the value in it for the Knicks once you put the deal into 2021-22. It's actually a decent deal. It's just terrible for the Kings and Blazers. Randle contract is cancerous and they want to add Burks in that too. It would cost them a 1st along to get rid of that deal. It seems too good to be true till you think about the Kings are trading out of the draft from 4 and they aren't landing a stud vet in return. They getting picks. Teams just don't trade premium picks in this league like that. I do think a trade like 11 and three unprotected picks could interest the hell out of the Kings. Even if 11 is way too far from 4 NBA wise, those three unprotected 1st can do the trick. This shit this Knick fan did was fuckery the Blazers wouldn't touch. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

Atlanta traded two 1sts 10 and 17, a fake 1st from CLE, a 2nd, and took on Solo Hill contract for Dre. 

This ain't Dre, Ivey would cost NY probably three firsts and 11. I don't any will be unprotected outside of the Mavs which isn't that valuable. The Knicks aren't trading no unprotected picks, no one is. 

34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I almost forgot to mention, Portland did speak to NY about Randle and they wanted a 1st for Randle contract. It didn't go far. That said, if the Knicks wanted to move to 7 from 11 and offered Dallas 1st or a protected future 1st. It's going down. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta traded two 1sts 10 and 17, a fake 1st from CLE, a 2nd, and took on Solo Hill contract for Dre. 

This ain't Dre, Ivey would cost NY probably three firsts and 11. I don't any will be unprotected outside of the Mavs which isn't that valuable. The Knicks aren't trading no unprotected picks, no one is. 

I would not say we traded 2 1st since we got a better one back.

Hawks were at #8....we added #17, the Cavs 1st which would be 2 2nds, plus 1 2nd and salary to trade up to #4.

2 hours ago, Dean Walker said:

A lot of rumors of the Knicks trading up for Ivey.

Because Nix get Clix... they're just rumors. 

Every GM knows Randle has negative value due to his awful contract. The average New Yorker doesn't know this.... that's why they give clix. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, warcore said:

Because Nix get Clix... they're just rumors. 

Every GM knows Randle has negative value due to his awful contract. The average New Yorker doesn't know this.... that's why they give clix. 

Kind of off topic but I’m kind of envious of the Celtics/ Knicks in terms of home court.

we’ll never have an atmosphere like MSG or the Boston garden.

Venues like that show you the real advantage of having home court!

The warriors organization in particular draymond looked rattled!

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@Spud2nique, seen Murray. No full games just clips and pods and he's very impressive. A real SF who can really play, score at 3 levels and defend. He's a lock to go top 5 to me.

So you're saying he's going #5? Fine by me IF we're trading for #7. That leaves one of Mathurin / Sharpe available. 

• Haha 2