• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member

Some hawks info…..

• The Atlanta Hawks are expected to be active in trade discussions, and have been reported by Fischer as a potential Gobert landing spot. Multiple league sources have indicated that calls centered around Deandre Hunter (who is extension-eligible this summer) have been steered by the Hawks toward Bogdan Bogdanovic and Kevin Huerter instead.

14 minutes ago, warcore said:

So you're saying he's going #5? Fine by me IF we're trading for #7. That leaves one of Mathurin / Sharpe available. 

No, I was just speaking personally in reference to Squd. I should have posted that comment in a different thread 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, sturt said:

Yes, it's true that I sometimes wrap statements in the form of a question, and questions in the form of a statement... I'm just contrary enough to make folks try to figure that out... hehe.

But no. This time, it had a period, and really was a statement. To clarify... twas a statement in reaction to what seems to me to be some increasing belief that Ressler and his employees will gamble a high-end asset on the chance that a draft choice in a not-especially-head-turning draft will in 2023 be a greater benefit than that high-end asset.

Not buying it. I can't know what I don't know, of course, but it doesn't pass the smell test given everything else we know... not just has been rumored.

yeah.. i believe that our moves will be more purpose driven than that.   IF we give up a High asset, we should be getting just as high an asset back. 

23 minutes ago, warcore said:

So you're saying he's going #5? Fine by me IF we're trading for #7. That leaves one of Mathurin / Sharpe available. 

And Daniels..

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Musings from Around the Association:

Donovan Mitchell trade request to Knicks or Heat coming at some point?

As far as the idea of a Donovan Mitchell trade coming down the pike, league sources do feel that it’s a matter of “when and not if” with Mitchell eventually asking to go to a “glamour market” like New York or Miami. But in the short term, there’s skepticism it will happen. New Jazz owner Ryan Smith is said to be extremely dedicated to keeping and building around Mitchell. Which, of course, is going to mean moving Rudy Gobert as it’s become apparent that relationship is untenable on-court and off-court. – via Matt Moore @ Action Network

Suns don't want to let Deandre Ayton walk for nothing?

The Suns are at least projecting right now that they are not going to let Deandre Ayton go for nothing. The season ended messily with tension between Ayton and head coach Monty Williams, but Phoenix’s front office views him as too valuable to let him go for nothing, with the subsequent option of keeping him on as much as a four-year deal if only to judge his trade value later. Whether that’s bluffing to help facilitate sign-and-trade options or not, that’s the posture they’ve taken.– via Matt Moore @ Action Network

More smoke coming on OG Anunoby trade, with Blazers, Nuggets and Spurs interested?

Along those lines, don’t be surprised to see more smoke around a potential trade for OG Anunoby. The Raptors with a re-signed Masai Ujiri like their core, but ultimately upgrades will have to come with the inclusion of one of Fred VanVleet, Pascal Siakam, or Anunoby, and Rookie of the Year Scottie Barnes’ emergence opens the door for gauging Anunoby’s value on the market…– via Matt Moore @ Action Network
  • Thanks 2

How many versions of the same rumors can be repeated before Draft night…. Hoops writers making money spinning the same stuff over and over. Shows how little these clowns actually know cause they use each other’s rumors. 

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

At his current salary, I am willing to give it a shot like with did with Gallo. He might return back to form and even if he does, if he's close to what he used to be, he would be a replacement for Gallo. 

At the cost of losing Colins?  Heyul nawl. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

How many versions of the same rumors can be repeated before Draft night…. Hoops writers making money spinning the same stuff over and over. Shows how little these clowns actually know cause they use each other’s rumors. 

1,234,456,789 versions :hehe:

24 minutes ago, Diesel said:

What Gif - IceGif

You obvious missed how we put seasoning on Julius last year and COOKED him in front of the world... And it was easy.  And he hasn't been the same since. 

Don't believe everything you saw in this year's post season where JC went against Doctor's orders to try to help his team...

1.  You undervalue JC... We get it Kirschner.

2.  You overvalue Randle... Why??

That's the same poster that said guards like Trae always come up small in the playoffs.

No idea how anyone who believes that also believes Julius Randle is someone to build around.  Smh

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@Spud2nique, seen Murray. No full games just clips and pods and he's very impressive. A real SF who can really play, score at 3 levels and defend. He's a lock to go top 5 to me.

I’d pick him at 4 no later. I guess possibly 5 but I see him as Dwayne Wade #5 pick impact on a city. Obviously him and his point man depending on where he lands. Maybe the Pistons.

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, terrell said:

And Daniels..

That's who I want. We don't have a real shot at the three big men. Ivey IMO is overrated and shows no interest in defense. We have enough of that on the team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, Diesel said:

What Gif - IceGif

You obvious missed how we put seasoning on Julius last year and COOKED him in front of the world... And it was easy.  And he hasn't been the same since. 

Don't believe everything you saw in this year's post season where JC went against Doctor's orders to try to help his team...

1.  You undervalue JC... We get it Kirschner.

2.  You overvalue Randle... Why??

We’ve been back and forth about this earlier in the thread.

I don’t think jc can create for himself offensively to the degree that Randle can.

You can(even though I don’t suggest it)build your offense around Julius and be somewhat decent and not terrible.

You can’t do that with Jc. Jc can not and most likely never be able to be good enough for an offense to be built around him.

He can fit better into a team oriented offense better than Julius can but that’s about it.

Randle>>>>>>>>>>jc

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Dean Walker said:

We’ve been back and forth about this earlier in the thread.

I don’t think jc can create for himself offensively to the degree that Randle can.

You can(even though I don’t suggest it)build your offense around Julius and be somewhat decent and not terrible.

You can’t do that with Jc. Jc can not and most likely never be able to be good enough for an offense to be built around him.

He can fit better into a team oriented offense better than Julius can but that’s about it.

Randle>>>>>>>>>>jc

The problem is that Randle cannot fit into a team oriented game.. and Basketball is a team sport. 

The player that Randle was before his contract year was who he is... You cannot build around that.  why do you think he's on the trade blocks?  

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's the same poster that said guards like Trae always come up small in the playoffs.

No idea how anyone who believes that also believes Julius Randle is someone to build around.  Smh

I never said Trae comes up small in the playoffs. I said it’s hard to win with smaller guards like Trae in the playoffs.

again I never said build around Julius. I said Julius as the 2nd or 3rd option would be great on any team.

You guys need to take the rose colored glasses off and face reality.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

The problem is that Randle cannot fit into a team oriented game.. and Basketball is a team sport. 

The player that Randle was before his contract year was who he is... You cannot build around that.  why do you think he's on the trade blocks?  

Yeah but when it comes to the playoffs you need 1 or 2 guys that you can hand the ball to and say get me a bucket. We only have 1 in Trae.

You can do that with Randle but Jc can’t imo.

watching these finals in particular illuminates the need for iso scorer’s.

29 minutes ago, Sothron said:

That's who I want. We don't have a real shot at the three big men. Ivey IMO is overrated and shows no interest in defense. We have enough of that on the team.

They said the same thing about AE. I hate when people say this about prospects.  Show me one player with the tools to defend who doesn't defend in the playoffs!

1 hour ago, Dean Walker said:

Yeah but when it comes to the playoffs you need 1 or 2 guys that you can hand the ball to and say get me a bucket. We only have 1 in Trae.

You can do that with Randle but Jc can’t imo.

watching these finals in particular illuminates the need for iso scorer’s.

Yeah because Randle has really shown you he can you a bucket in his only playoff appearance. Randle can shoot off the dribble on poor efficiency. Not in the same stratosphere as Trae in that department.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

Yeah because Randle has really shown you he can you a bucket in his only playoff appearance. Randle can shoot off the dribble on poor efficiency. Not in the same stratosphere as Trae in that department.

Randle's career 29.8% FG% is not a good proof for his bona fides.  Small sample size applies.

1 hour ago, Dean Walker said:

I never said Trae comes up small in the playoffs. I said it’s hard to win with smaller guards like Trae in the playoffs.

again I never said build around Julius. I said Julius as the 2nd or 3rd option would be great on any team.

You guys need to take the rose colored glasses off and face reality.

Ironic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2