• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, marco102 said:

They said the same thing about AE. I hate when people say this about prospects.  Show me one player with the tools to defend who doesn't defend in the playoffs!

AE? Alex English...?

And to be fair there are players with tools who never defend at the level they are expected to do so. Look at Hunter. He is a good man to man defender...and gets zero steals or blocks or rebounds (I consider rebounding part of defense). He's not living up to what he can do. Just for one example.

I'm not saying Ivey can't defend at the pro level but he didn't really show it at the college level. To be fair Collins was the worst defensive big man I've ever seen in college and once he hit the pros he has improved to be an above average defender at this point in his career.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Dean Walker said:

Yeah but when it comes to the playoffs you need 1 or 2 guys that you can hand the ball to and say get me a bucket. We only have 1 in Trae.

You can do that with Randle but Jc can’t imo.

watching these finals in particular illuminates the need for iso scorer’s.

But with Randle, you probably won't make the playoffs.  With Randle, he probably take touches away from Trae... He's not an in addition to, he's a  All is..

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I never thought I'd see the day someone would want Randle over Collins. I don't even know how to respond to that level of silly talk. Volume shooters on low efficiency that don't play defense are not my cup of tea.

Listen Randles not as good as he was in his mip season neither is he as bad as he was last season.

either way as an individual talent he his head & shoulders above Jc.

I know as hawks fans we can tend to be bias but I’m just being honest here.

16 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Listen Randles not as good as he was in his mip season neither is he as bad as he was last season.

either way as an individual talent he his head & shoulders above Jc.

I know as hawks fans we can tend to be bias but I’m just being honest here.

Unless your idea of individual talent is isolation skills, no, simply no but we had posters here who thought Jamal was better than Iso Joe just because Iso skills. You are free to think what you believe

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I've been busy so I haven't had time to reply. 

@Dean Walker

the reason why JC is superior to Randle is simply because he has a define role that fits a championship team. Like Ayton, his best role is a championship 3rd option. His only issue here is his defense is not strong enough to overcome Trae's needs on that end. 

Randle is far more skilled and has more ability to be a #1 option than JC and it's not even close. That said, Randle is inefficient, a ball stopper and his #1 option bad offenses and his best year was the lockout year where they loaded their squad full of C&S players who are excellent defenders and won games that way even if the offense was terrible. Randle is left hand heavy when schemed like Iso Joe, he can be ineffective but unlike Joe, he doesn't have good vision and his attitude wanes. 

We had a player like Randle. His name was Jamal Crawford. We found his best role which was as a 6th man but Randle thinks he's better than that and he's just not ready to accept that's his best position and you see dying to get rid him for free. No one wants Randle because his best role isn't of value to winning ball. No one wants to built their team around Randle. Have him dominate the rock and do his own thing while you play off of him. It doesn't lead you to anything. The more offensive talented they added in NY, the worst the team became because Randle wants to do everything. 

I see why you may like Randle but there is a reason everyone is looking at you crazy because they can see it but not everyone can. That said, I see what you are trying to say. 

You explained it perfectly!

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

AE? Alex English...?

And to be fair there are players with tools who never defend at the level they are expected to do so. Look at Hunter. He is a good man to man defender...and gets zero steals or blocks or rebounds (I consider rebounding part of defense). He's not living up to what he can do. Just for one example.

I'm not saying Ivey can't defend at the pro level but he didn't really show it at the college level. To be fair Collins was the worst defensive big man I've ever seen in college and once he hit the pros he has improved to be an above average defender at this point in his career.

You can thank Clint for that he worked a ton with Collins every week on collins defense to get him to that next level.  Remember them talking about it in an interview and Capela being really proud of Collins for putting in the effort and listening to what he was teaching.    Love me some Capela and i still think we got him on a good contract.  I still don't think we need to target another center and waste extra assets and cap space there for a small upgrade over Clint.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

AE? Alex English...?

JC was never the worst but man, he struggled and lacked the size. He just works his f***ing ass off. Dude really became a good defender. I didn't think it was possible just two years ago.

• Like 2

Wow, if this is indeed true, can we get in on the OG Anunoby sweepstakes instead of flipping for #7. OG is a nice versatile combo forward that can guard 1-4 and possibly 5 in some situations.

I prefer OG over #7 for us if we flippin JC and getting Gobert.

Blazers aren’t trying to add JC and OG are they? Would seem odd but I’ve seen stranger things.

Trae

BOJAN (not Bogdon) Bogdanovic

OG Anunoby 

OO

Gobert

Straight lockin foos up in San Quentin with this lineup! 

image.gif.8c635b78979dd1ae1eebf3f55c68dd41.gif

1C7D5609-DBE6-4269-A035-47BCEE7181A4.jpeg

BA156508-8D5B-4A71-9F9F-980A7911EF0F.jpeg

A73B3AB2-61D4-424A-A7FD-01C217007136.jpeg

6625C770-DF51-4922-927A-F6E50B98CFCE.jpeg

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

JC, Huerter, Bogi, Capela

There is "on the block" as-in, "it's just a matter of which deal is best, they're gone"... and there's "on the block" as-in, "we won't say 'no' immediately, and will be willing to engage the proposition."

The latter is this, as far as anyone can legitimately suspect.

I don't really think "on the block" technically would be the right phrase. That, rather, applies exactly to Gallo singularly.

I'd go with something more accurate like "JC, Huerter, Bogi and Capela seem to be available" ... and I would qualify it, even at that... "according to talk on the street."

Just don't give me Chris Kirschner's opining as-if that's evidence... that's just what he's always done, and 90+% of the time, his opining has only been that.

And just don't give me any rumormonger... actually very, very few of them have anything close to Woj status, making their words notable. Most of them, skeptics agree, are just clickbaiters whose compensation relies on their getting clicks/likes and such. And even among the better ones, they're reliant upon agents who have their own motives for suggesting x or y or z.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, sturt said:

There is "on the block" as-in, "it's just a matter of which deal is best, they're gone"... and there's "on the block" as-in, "we won't say 'no' immediately, and will be willing to engage the proposition."

The latter is this, as far as anyone can legitimately suspect.

I don't really think "on the block" technically would be the right phrase. That, rather, applies exactly to Gallo singularly.

I'd go with something more accurate like "JC, Huerter, Bogi and Capela seem to be available" ... and I would qualify it, even at that... "according to talk on the street."

Just don't give me Chris Kirschner's opining as-if that's evidence... that's just what he's always done, and 90+% of the time, his opining has only been that.

And just don't give me any rumormonger... actually very, very few of them have anything close to Woj status, making their words notable. Most of them, skeptics agree, are just clickbaiters whose compensation relies on their getting clicks/likes and such. And even among the better ones, they're reliant upon agents who have their own motives for suggesting x or y or z.

Only Gallo is on the block

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If a player's name has enough smoke on the rumor mill, they're on the block.

For instance, Ben Simmons. Was on the block with 76er's, now isn't with Brooklyn.

On the block means to me that they are expected and the team is willing to trade them.

Any other explanation or clarification is a waste of time. I would trust the general rumor mill and activity than one-given source.

The NBA works like this.. somebody somewhere wants smoke out there on a player. Could be an agent, could be an AGM, could be a scout, could be a player themselves, could be a writer. 

That is why you see some players names out there and many other tradeable names not.

Edited by theheroatl

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wow, if this is indeed true, can we get in on the OG Anunoby sweepstakes instead of flipping for #7. OG is a nice versatile combo forward that can guard 1-4 and possibly 5 in some situations.

I prefer OG over #7 for us if we flippin JC and getting Gobert.

Blazers aren’t trying to add JC and OG are they? Would seem odd but I’ve seen stranger things.

Trae

BOJAN (not Bogdon) Bogdanovic

OG Anunoby 

OO

Gobert

Straight lockin foos up in San Quentin with this lineup! 

image.gif.8c635b78979dd1ae1eebf3f55c68dd41.gif

1C7D5609-DBE6-4269-A035-47BCEE7181A4.jpeg

BA156508-8D5B-4A71-9F9F-980A7911EF0F.jpeg

A73B3AB2-61D4-424A-A7FD-01C217007136.jpeg

6625C770-DF51-4922-927A-F6E50B98CFCE.jpeg

I thought we were out on Gobert?

• Like 1