• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Moderators

It baffles me that we can watch the Hawks fail to get near 100 points in 3/5 playoff games against the Heat and determine that we need to bring in guys who can defend but are useless on offense.   We were one of the worst 4th quarter offenses in the league. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, georgia said:

If the Hawks could keep a nucleus of Trae, Hunter, Collins, OO and Capela——-bring Huerter of the bench.    Does an expiring Gallo and Bogi along with picks offer much in a trade?     Defense is a priority but if Hawks don’t get another creator on offense Trae won’t make it.    He will be worn flat out.   

The Mitchell fit is concerning and Simmons seems to have some issues to say the least.      So I’m not sure who another scorer is unless you game in free agency on a Malik Monk off the bench or hope Oladipo is healthy.     

I'm with you, for the most part.  The MIA interest in Mitchell should be telling for lOladipo who seems dead set on re-signing down there.

23 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

All of this desperate searching for a positive SG with size really makes me sad Cam couldn’t work out here. He really should have been our answer for this problem. 

I've said all along, if the rumors of his wanting to be 'the man' are true, that Cam will not flourish until his next team (after NYK) because he'll be humbled.  Maybe team 3'll be us again?

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

It baffles me that we can watch the Hawks fail to get near 100 points in 3/5 playoff games against the Heat and determine that we need to bring in guys who can defend but are useless on offense.   We were one of the worst 4th quarter offenses in the league. 

You ain't wrong.  Sadly, we need both (defensers and creators).

• Like 3

• Premium Member

My quick idea and not sure if feasible:  

Trade Capela and Bogi for Simmons

Trade Gallo for cap space savings to Spurs for McDermott and Richardson

Sign Tj Warren with exception $

Sign Drummond or Biyombo with exempt $ or vet minimum 

C- OO, Drummond or Biyombo

PF- Collins, McDermott, JJ

SF- Hunter, Warren

SG- Simmons, Huerter, Richardson

PG- Trae, Wright

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Sothron said:

I don't know if that's enough to get those deals done but assuming it is...that's a pretty nasty lineup. 

You have to think about what the other teams want... Let's start with Brooklyn..

Right now, after what happened last season (this season), they probably want to be out of the Ben Simmons game.   Sure, they would probably want JC more.. but Kev.... makes for good help, especially with Kyrie at the point.   Harris is an unknown at this time and they have had to see the work that Gallo did.   For them, Gallo could either be a player or a good trade piece.  I have doubts that they would buy him out like a lot of other teams would.   Moreover, it could be part of a three way deal with somebody else. 

With Utah...

This is a little bit harder.   They probably don't want to give up Spyda or Gobert.  However, the writing is on the wall and it's easier to replace Spyda than it is to replace Gobert.   And Spyda seems to be the bigger problem.   And Spyda has asked out (rumor).   So now, they have to consider best deal possible.   Miami has a lot that they could swap, the problem is I don't think any of it is as good as JC.  I doubt that they would trade Jimmy Buckets, Bam or Tyler Herro.   There are other teams.. Orlando could give Ross.   OKC can give something.   Houston can give something.   However, if we add JC and Riff with a pick it's a good deal overall. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, georgia said:

My quick idea and not sure if feasible:  

Trade Capela and Bogi for Simmons

Trade Gallo for cap space savings to Spurs for McDermott and Richardson

Sign Tj Warren with exception $

Sign Drummond or Biyombo with exempt $ or vet minimum 

C- OO, Drummond or Biyombo

PF- Collins, McDermott, JJ

SF- Hunter, Warren

SG- Simmons, Huerter, Richardson

PG- Trae, Wright

Mid team.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Diesel said:

Ok... So another way that the trade could go:

JC/Shariff/1st for Mitchell. 

then

Gallo/Kev/1st for Simmons. 

Clint/Simmons/Hunter/Mitchell/Trae. 

Front court is bigger with the addition of Simmons.   More defensive with Simmons/Clint/Hunter as the frontcourt. 

Clint/Simmons/Hunter/Mitchell/Trae. 

I thought about this lineup a little.   Everything falls on the mind and health of Simmons.   But can you imagine having three guys on the floor who you can run offense through?  If Simmons was Normal.. this would be the best offensive team in the NBA. 

Simmons becomes our Draymond Green.   Trae and Spyda becomes our Splash brothers... With Simmons and Mitchell being guys who can also put the ball on the floor. 

Off the bench, we have Delon.  Can you imagine the defense we could present with:

Clint, Hunter, Simmons, and Delon on the floor together?

OO, Hunter, Simmons, and Delon?

Bring back Solomon Hill to be the vet voice/Enforcer.  Our poor man's Iguodala.

Yeah.. I'm selling myself on this lineup. 

• Like 1

Ben Simmons Trade Rumors: Hawks Team to Watch for Nets Star After Deadline Interest

JOSEPH ZUCKERMAY 11, 2022

gtgjqldqs5xwgwbwjay6.jpg
Elsa/Getty Images

Brooklyn Nets star Ben Simmons was a trade-deadline target for the Atlanta Hawks, according to The Athletic's Chris Kirschner.

Should the Hawks look to be aggressive and chase a big name in a trade this summer, Kirschner described Simmons as someone to "keep an eye on."

🤦 oh nooooo

CHRIS KIRSCH I AINT PAYIN FOR YO CHIT!

• Haha 3

I’d also keep an eye on Simmons, too. Several people inside the Hawks’ organization wanted Simmons at the trade deadline. The price might not be as high to land him now, especially if Brooklyn decides to move on before he plays one game for the Nets.
Source: Chris Kirschner @ The Athletic

"I’d also keep an eye on Simmons, too. Several people inside the Hawks’ organization wanted Simmons at the trade deadline. The price might not be as high to land him now, especially if Brooklyn decides to move on before he plays one game for the Nets."

• Like 1

Just now, kg01 said:

I think this is lazy reporting.  Any random member on this site could write that 'rumor' and make it sound reasonable.  I sometimes wonder if this Chris guy is embedded here.  If I was a mod, I'd be looking for the account with a login like ckirscher@dbag.net.

I think Chris is Soth trying to get these rumors going again cuz his 2K is loading… :sarcastic:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Good God it gets better.. 🤭 

I’m gonna be honest I don’t like the sound of this story with the way the rest of his resume is falling into place.

He’s shady off the court too.. 

I can’t trust his a$$ on or off the court.

Im just worried that if he comes here and best case scenario we have a great regular season, then something happens at the start of the playoffs and he leaves us hanging high and dry.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Trae and Mitchell will be the worst defensive pairing in NBA history and I don't say that just as hyperbole as the Trae stans think. 

While I see the offensive value as Mitchell does a lot of things we need from a 2 guard offensively. He does none of the things we need from a 2. Even if we were to get Mitchell, our defense would be so shit, not even Gobert could fix that much less Capela. 

I am not a fan even if the tea leaves say Mitchell is interested in Atlanta himself. 

That is a strange comment.  Stan generally is used to denote someone who isn’t reasonable because of their fandom.  The other part seems to refer to your prior use of WOAT to describe Trae.  You yourself have said your use of WOAT is hyperbole.  No metric (ie an objective measure) support the idea of Trae as the WOAT.  So why the reference to Trae stans?

I do share your concern about that pairing on defense but I just don’t follow this part of the commentary and may be reading it wrong.

• Like 2

• Admin

There is no denying Mitchells offense but we will get EATEN ALIVE by the other team when we are on defense.

Pairing these two together would be a huge mistake.  You don't pair an undersized awful defender with an undersized absolutely arthrosis defender.

You can't hide two of them.  We will be the team that everyone gets their career highs against.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

There is no denying Mitchells offense but we will get EATEN ALIVE by the other team when we are on defense.

Pairing these two together would be a huge mistake.  You don't pair an undersized awful defender with an undersized absolutely arthrosis defender.

You can't hide two of them.  We will be the team that everyone gets their career highs against.

**BANG** {head.. desk} #minimebackcourt

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

We need BOTH....

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I don't know.  It depends on how you build up everybody else. 

Here's what I have been weighing.   Bogi vs. Mitchell Defensive Battle.... IMO, Bogi is one of the laziest defensive players that I have seen.  He makes Trae look like Bruce Bowen at times.   Even if Mitchell is just as bad...  His offense is so much better.   When you go from the worst defensive tandem in the NBA to the Worst defensive tandem in the NBA... then the difference is the offense. 

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

You have to think about what the other teams want... Let's start with Brooklyn..

Right now, after what happened last season (this season), they probably want to be out of the Ben Simmons game.   Sure, they would probably want JC more.. but Kev.... makes for good help, especially with Kyrie at the point.   Harris is an unknown at this time and they have had to see the work that Gallo did.   For them, Gallo could either be a player or a good trade piece.  I have doubts that they would buy him out like a lot of other teams would.   Moreover, it could be part of a three way deal with somebody else. 

With Utah...

This is a little bit harder.   They probably don't want to give up Spyda or Gobert.  However, the writing is on the wall and it's easier to replace Spyda than it is to replace Gobert.   And Spyda seems to be the bigger problem.   And Spyda has asked out (rumor).   So now, they have to consider best deal possible.   Miami has a lot that they could swap, the problem is I don't think any of it is as good as JC.  I doubt that they would trade Jimmy Buckets, Bam or Tyler Herro.   There are other teams.. Orlando could give Ross.   OKC can give something.   Houston can give something.   However, if we add JC and Riff with a pick it's a good deal overall. 

You always trying to ship Kev off.  Lol Bogi's salary matches up better with any trade for Ben Simmons. Not sure why you don't say Kev or Bogi. 

Are you just dead set on keeping Bogi?  A fully healthy Bogi I may be okay with moving Kevin, but those knee issues have me ready to ship him to the highest bidder in a trade.