• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Again making a lot of us wonder why we didn't see more Wright/Trae lineups.  But how about that Cam -12.4?!?  Yikes.

That was my first thought as well.  And didn't Nate take Delon out of the rotation earlier in the season?  I just SMH sometimes at this HC we got.  

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So the throw in of JJ is fan generated off of the actual rumor which was always Capela + player + 1 pick.

The Jazz like both Hunter and Huerter.  Of the 2, there is actually a preference of Huerter because of the locked in salary but if a similar or even slightly higher salary was locked in for Hunter they could easily go both ways. They like Hunter more, but with the caveat that a break out season before his new contract could price them out of a resign.

Not the biggest Gobert fan, but If its Clint Huerter and pick, theyll probably do it... But 40 milion a year? Geez..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Evaluating Kevin Huerter's Performance in 2021-22 NBA Season - Sports Illustrated Atlanta Hawks News, Analysis and More

Nate McMillan switching up the starting lineup helped both Huerter and Bogdan Bogdanovic on offense, but it exacerbated the Hawks' defensive problems. Trae Young and Huerter struggled to make stops. The two had a defensive rating of 117.1 when on the court together, compared to the team's 113.7 average defensive rating. Something's got to give because that is an unsustainable amount of points for your starting backcourt to allow. 

Everyone talking about Bogi.   Kevin can't be our starting 2.  At least not the way he played last year.   Bogi is way better which is why when Bogi did well we usually won.   The way i look at it Mitchell is better than both.  Everyone seems to want some mythical player when the choice is would you rather have Trae/Spida/Hunter or   Trae/kev-bogi/Hunter.   It's pretty easy for me. 

I see talk of 'we need to upgrade both offense and defense'.   Yes. agree. But we have to upgrade the starting 2 guard.   And that guy needs to have a killer instinct.   We'll never sniff the finals without another elite scorer no matter how good we make our defense.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Evaluating Kevin Huerter's Performance in 2021-22 NBA Season - Sports Illustrated Atlanta Hawks News, Analysis and More

Everyone talking about Bogi.   Kevin can't be our starting 2.  At least not the way he played last year.   Bogi is way better which is why when Bogi did well we usually won.   The way i look at it Mitchell is better than both.  Everyone seems to want some mythical player when the choice is would you rather have Trae/Spida/Hunter or   Trae/kev-bogi/Hunter.   It's pretty easy for me. 

I see talk of 'we need to upgrade both offense and defense'.   Yes. agree. But we have to upgrade the starting 2 guard.   And that guy needs to have a killer instinct.   We'll never sniff the finals without another elite scorer no matter how good we make our defense.  

This team goes as Trae/Bogi/Capela goes....For now that is.. lol

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Don't even make me talk about that again.  Among all the criticisms of Nate for this past season, that is the one that is the least defensible of all of them.  It looked just as crazy when he did it as it does now and we've got the receipts to show how we all reacted to it then.  Just a brain dead move.

When was that though?  I remember him saying it but probably for injury reasons Delon never really was out of the rotation.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Again making a lot of us wonder why we didn't see more Wright/Trae lineups.  But how about that Cam -12.4?!?  Yikes.

Honestly, I think Cam resented being on the floor with Trae.  He wanted to be the star of the team and he usually shined as soon as Trae stepped off of the court.  I say Shine but you saw him giving more effort.   It was so bad that some here try to build the narrative that Trae doesn't improve the players around him... simply based on how bad cam played... uh-hem..  Trae has the highest gravity in the league.  By virtue of being on the floor, most players play better as that stat shows.   And No.. it's not about Trae and Bigs... because Clint is like #6... Delon, Bogi, and Huerter all come before Clint. 

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I love Wright and want him back but he's not the answer as the full time 2.   He takes ball handling pressure off Trae but we need a guy who can score too not just not turn it over. 

Delon is one of my favorite Hawks and I want us to resign him first thing...  But I agree.  He doesn't play clean enough to be the starting 2.  His process is too slow.   He's the starting PG of the 2nd Unit and he can play some spot duty with the first team. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

How about this trade Schlenk? Then surround with vet min defensive guys.

600EE534-1888-4C23-BB8C-AB5367AAA20B.jpeg

Who is your center with this roster?  You will need a decent center and preferable one who isn't just a roll man with Simmons out there. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

How about this trade Schlenk? Then surround with vet min defensive guys.

600EE534-1888-4C23-BB8C-AB5367AAA20B.jpeg

Here to torture me again huh..

The money can work.   The problem is we can't have more than 2 players on their extended rookie deals.

Mitchell, Trae, and Simmons are all on their extended rookie deals.. Yeah.. it's dumb.  I know the intent was to stop the building of superteams but it's doesn't really work.  What if you have a GM who is great at drafting talent?  Eventually that team will be punished because he has a good eye/system.   I mean Presti drafted:  Harden, KD, Westbrook, and Ibaka...  Right now he has SGA, Giddy, Mann, and they are about to get somebody else.  They will be pushing people out again. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Who is your center with this roster?  You will need a decent center and preferable one who isn't just a roll man with Simmons out there. 

Just need a JaVale or Looney type guy to rotate with OO

Edited by theheroatl
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Here to torture me again huh..

The money can work.   The problem is we can't have more than 2 players on their extended rookie deals.

Mitchell, Trae, and Simmons are all on their extended rookie deals.. Yeah.. it's dumb.  I know the intent was to stop the building of superteams but it's doesn't really work.  What if you have a GM who is great at drafting talent?  Eventually that team will be punished because he has a good eye/system.   I mean Presti drafted:  Harden, KD, Westbrook, and Ibaka...  Right now he has SGA, Giddy, Mann, and they are about to get somebody else.  They will be pushing people out again. 

LOL Sorry man I forgot the Rookie contract max again

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I love Wright and want him back but he's not the answer as the full time 2.   He takes ball handling pressure off Trae but we need a guy who can score too not just not turn it over. 

Delon can barely dribble with pressure. He don't even do that. He does a lot tho, especially off the ball

• Like 1