• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Most didn’t say this. I don’t think either extreme. 

Maybe you don't. Too much foolishness I read on here in regards to defense for me to take guys seriously on here. I seen posters say Hunter is a bad defender. Shit like that is why I hate posting here at times. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Exactly. No championships since 1957 in St. Louis.

Hawkmoor, 

I have seen your campaign for Kyrie...

I going to tell you the two biggest problems with us acquiring him.

1.  His contract.   This is a contract year coming up for Kyrie.  After this, he's going to be a UFA.  This is Danny Manning territory and Old School Hawks fans are incredibly knowledgeable of such things.  There is no assurance that you're trading for a 1 year rental. 

2.  His personality.  Kyrie is a diva of divas.  But worst of all, people question his love for the game.  Without the threat of COVID, Kyrie was finding reasons to miss games.   Personal reasons.  Mental Health Days.  Family Reasons.   Then this is my favorite:

Now Hawksmoor, 

if you were making 36 million dollars a year to do whatever it is that you do..  Would you be this flippant about doing the job?  Pre-Covid, Kyrie had played in:

74 of 134 games.  That's 55%... pre-COVID..   if it's not just because he didn't feel like playing...  missing 45% of the games for Brooklyn can be described as He's not durable. 

By The Way..

For Boston, he played in 127 of 164 games.  That's 77%.

So last two stints. pre-COVID  Vac..

He's missed 23% and 45% of his games. 

Durability is in question.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

U5GxnKkz5hhqidBog%2BKyR69V6bRFE=&risl=&p

Hmmmm.    I did say realistic.   I want Booker or Middleton too.   So far I haven't seen any indication that the Spurs are even thinking of trading Murray.   At best that's just a hope and a prayer.   What else you got?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Hmmmm.    I did say realistic.   I want Booker or Middleton too.   So far I haven't seen any indication that the Spurs are even thinking of trading Murray.   At best that's just a hope and a prayer.   What else you got?

Would you say more or less realistic that Gobert/Simmons/Mitchell/SGA and what it would cost to get. They Spurs did receive calls on both him and White at this past trade deadline, they ended trading White.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Hawkmoor, 

I have seen your campaign for Kyrie...

I going to tell you the two biggest problems with us acquiring him.

1.  His contract.   This is a contract year coming up for Kyrie.  After this, he's going to be a UFA.  This is Danny Manning territory and Old School Hawks fans are incredibly knowledgeable of such things.  There is no assurance that you're trading for a 1 year rental. 

2.  His personality.  Kyrie is a diva of divas.  But worst of all, people question his love for the game.  Without the threat of COVID, Kyrie was finding reasons to miss games.   Personal reasons.  Mental Health Days.  Family Reasons.   Then this is my favorite:

Now Hawksmoor, 

if you were making 36 million dollars a year to do whatever it is that you do..  Would you be this flippant about doing the job?  Pre-Covid, Kyrie had played in:

74 of 134 games.  That's 55%... pre-COVID..   if it's not just because he didn't feel like playing...  missing 45% of the games for Brooklyn can be described as He's not durable. 

By The Way..

For Boston, he played in 127 of 164 games.  That's 77%.

So last two stints. pre-COVID  Vac..

He's missed 23% and 45% of his games. 

Durability is in question.

Who cares about his baggage?  Who cares? Its not like the Hawks are swimming in championships.  The Hawks and Falcons are famous for the " baggage" crap.  Like Deion said when he left Atlanta " the Falcons trying to get me used to losing."  To play with the big dogs, you got to HAVE BIG DOGS.  Trae and Hunter is not enough.  I wanted the Hawks to sign DeRozan a few years back and that wasn't met good on the board.  Its like being mediocre is the standard.

• Premium Member
Just now, Hawkmoor said:

Who cares about his baggage?  Who cares? Its not like the Hawks are swimming in championships.  The Hawks and Falcons are famous for the " baggage" crap.  Like Deion said when he left Atlanta " the Falcons trying to get me used to losing."  To play with the big dogs, you got to HAVE BIG DOGS.  Trae and Hunter is not enough.  I wanted the Hawks to sign DeRozan a few years back and that wasn't met good on the board.  Its like being mediocre is the standard.

Just because we're poor doesn't mean that you feed us dogfood.  We still deserve respect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't get you guys. I talk Basketball all day with other quality guys and I can't find any  guy who doesn't think Trae is the worst defender in the NBA. Most generally say he's the worst they have ever seen or that they can recall. It's only on here and Hawks Reddit where you guys think he's this special defender, he just gotta give effort. 

Top 15 players and rising stars get talked about and criticized, a lot.  In the media, forums etc.  Trae gets talked about a lot because he's a rising star and took us to the ECF last season, so when people are making arguments they point to his weaknesses.  Because he is such a great player, he gets a lot of criticism.  Hell if you watched Skip Bayless all day, you'd probably think LeBron sucks.  

Trae might be the worst defender out of the top 15 players in the NBA.  But he is better offensively than most of those guys.

I'm not disagreeing that Trae is a bad defender.  Probably bottom 5%.  But WORST?   I think it's just easy for general fans to say Trae is the worst, since they heard it said so many times.  I don't think they are actually watching film of him playing D and coming to that conclusion.  It's tough to shake a narrative once everyone has bought into it. 

Noone can convince me he's worse than Harden/Beal/Lavine/Bogi on D.  That's just a random list off top of my head, I could probably come up with 30 more players if I really put some effort into it.  

It's not like Trae was getting lit up in the playoffs either.  Y'all act like he's Celtics Isaiah Thomas or something.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Respect?  You get respect by winning championships.

How did Lebron have respect before winning one?

Why is Luka respected now?

People respect Jimmy Butler... NO?

The Joker is the MVP... That means that he gets the most respect right??

We have to start to change this BS talk that people think is truth...  That's not TRUTH.  So you have no respect for John Stockton, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Pat Ewing, Dominique??? Shall I continue?

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Would you say more or less realistic that Gobert/Simmons/Mitchell/SGA and what it would cost to get. They Spurs did receive calls on both him and White at this past trade deadline, they ended trading White.

Way less than the first 3.  I don't know about SGA.   It's no secret Mitchell wants out and guys usually get out when they want out.    It's no secret that Jazz would like to move Gobert.   The whole league knows the Jazz can't just run it back.    Simmons I don't really know but we know the Nets are in the biggest win now mode of all win now modes and can't handle a guy who may or may not play.  

So far there has been nothing to indicate the youngest team in the league is going to trade their best player.  Other teams asking doesn't make it realistic.  The Spurs have been rebuilding around youth.  Why would they start over when they just started?

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Respect?  You get respect by winning championships.

What is it about losing to Jordan's Bulls is disrespectful?

How about Steph's Warriors?

Lebron's Heat?

Give me a break with this BS Hawkmoor.  This is pure BS.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't get you guys. I talk Basketball all day with other quality guys and I can't find any  guy who doesn't think Trae is the worst defender in the NBA. Most generally say he's the worst they have ever seen or that they can recall. It's only on here and Hawks Reddit where you guys think he's this special defender, he just gotta give effort. 

Mike Bibby bad. lmao

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

How did Lebron have respect before winning one?

Why is Luka respected now?

People respect Jimmy Butler... NO?

The Joker is the MVP... That means that he gets the most respect right??

We have to start to change this BS talk that people think is truth...  That's not TRUTH.  So you have no respect for John Stockton, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Pat Ewing, Dominique??? Shall I continue?

We talking about the Hawks. lmao

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Way less than the first 3.  I don't know about SGA.   It's no secret Mitchell wants out and guys usually get out when they want out.    It's no secret that Jazz would like to move Gobert.   The whole league knows the Jazz can't just run it back.    Simmons I don't really know but we know the Nets are in the biggest win now mode of all win now modes and can't handle a guy who may or may not play.  

So far there has been nothing to indicate the youngest team in the league is going to trade their best player.  Other teams asking doesn't make it realistic.  The Spurs have been rebuilding around youth.  Why would they start over when they just started?

My feel is that the Jazz want to start over.. maybe with Gobert since he hasn't discussed not wanting to be there and his $$$ is outrageous. 

That's why I believe that they would bite on:

JC/Bogi/Shariff/2024 1st round pick for Mitchell/Oneal/Gay.

Let's be clear... Oneal and Gay are two bad contracts. 

They can sell JC as somebody born in Utah that is on the cusp of being an allstar. 

They can sell having both Bogdanovich's with either being a good trade material.

They can groom Shariff to be a star that was missed in Atlanta. 

Finally, they can sell Mitch wanting out of Utah.   This would be a reloading for UTAH.

Interestingly,   a Gobert/JC/Boga Frontcourt would be very interesting maybe top 5. 

Really:   Cooper/Clarkson/Boga/JC/Gobert with Bogi off the bench... could be formidable. 

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

What is it about losing to Jordan's Bulls is disrespectful?

How about Steph's Warriors?

Lebron's Heat?

Give me a break with this BS Hawkmoor.  This is pure BS.

Its good, lmao.  Keep trotting Delon Wright out there.

• Premium Member
Just now, Hawkmoor said:

We talking about the Hawks. lmao

You mean the team that was in the NBA ECF last year?  Yeah.. that's who we are talking about.  The team that took two games away from Milwaukee before Trae got hurt...  Yeah them.

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You mean the team that was in the NBA ECF last year?  Yeah.. that's who we are talking about.  The team that took two games away from Milwaukee before Trae got hurt...  Yeah them.

The team that had the NBA been not been greedy for tv money, came up with that play-in crap, wouldn't have been in the playoffs. The Hawks were a 9th seed.  Pre pandemic, they not even IN the playoffs.

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

there isn't a bigger Trae fan than me and even I acknowledge that he is most likely the worst defender in the NBA.  Pound for pound he isn't the worst.  heck, he isn't even the worst on the team as Bogi is a much worse defender inch for inch.     But pound for pound inch for inch is fantasy talk and the players are the size they are.   Taking that into account I agree that he is, if not the worst defender in the league, in the team photo.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Hawkmoor said:

The team that had the NBA been not been greedy for tv money, came up with that play-in crap.  The Hawks were a 10th seed.  Pre pandemic, they not even IN the playoffs.

That's true..  we were the 10th seed... and we defeated the supposed 7th seed  to get into the playoffs?  Or did you forget.  We beat them with our starting Center missing half of the game...  

HM, you miss the whole reason we were the 10th seed.  But just the fact that without our starting PF and our Starting C missing half the game, we beat a team that many felt (when healthy) were one of the best in the East.   When we played and beat them, they were healthy... and we were not.

Keep it coming... we see you now...

Just some headlines for you to soak up... before you bring in more dribble...

"The Cleveland Cavaliers Will Surprisingly Win the East This Season … And Face the Warriors in the Finals Again, According to an Interesting Metric"

"Could the Cavaliers Win the East’s No. 1 Seed?"

"Will Cavs continue logging big wins to stay at top of East standings?"

• Like 1