• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Admin
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I disagree about Mitchell.   I don't think Mitchell and Irving are the same player at all. 

But a lot of folks have this opinion but what's your realistic solution?    So far i havent' seen anything suggested that is possible to address our need for a second scorer.   

I don't think they are either ... I would not touch Irving with a ten foot pole.

Mitchell is a bull dog but he and Trae are not a good match.  You can't hide both of them.  

Adding someone just to add someone is not the solution.  I don't see them being a good pair.  It is more then just offense.  

• Like 2

• Admin
44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Would you say more or less realistic that Gobert/Simmons/Mitchell/SGA and what it would cost to get. They Spurs did receive calls on both him and White at this past trade deadline, they ended trading White.

Murray would be awesome ... I wish SGA was an option ... 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

I don't think they are either ... I would not touch Irving with a ten foot pole.

Mitchell is a bull dog but he and Trae are not a good match.  You can't hide both of them.  

Adding someone just to add someone is not the solution.  I don't see them being a good pair.  It is more then just offense.  

If we can trade for him.. we take him and if it shows that it can't work.. we trade him.  However, we can't not go after this opportunity because we don't think it will work...   The opportunity to get star (allstar) quality players doesn't come often.   In fact, since 1968, our franchise has had 56 allstars....  Think about that.... In 54 seasons, we have had 56 allstars.  Roughly 1 per season of our existence.   That should tell you how infrequent the allstar players are to get.  So yeah.. get Mitchell if he's offered and the trade is reasonable. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, Diesel said:

If we can trade for him.. we take him and if it shows that it can't work.. we trade him.  However, we can't not go after this opportunity because we don't think it will work...   The opportunity to get star (allstar) quality players doesn't come often.   In fact, since 1968, our franchise has had 56 allstars....  Think about that.... In 54 seasons, we have had 56 allstars.  Roughly 1 per season of our existence.   That should tell you how infrequent the allstar players are to get.  So yeah.. get Mitchell if he's offered and the trade is reasonable. 

And folks seem to want to discount that Mitchell as been the #1 option on 50 win teams for his whole career.  This ain't Kemba we're talking about. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

And folks seem to want to discount that Mitchell as been the #1 option on 50 win teams for his whole career.  This ain't Kemba we're talking about. 

My Point Exactly GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

Everybody keeps talking about how woeful we would be defensively (I disagree and we have other defensive components)... but my question is....

Who would be able to stand in front of the  Atlanta offensive Assault?

1-5 PNR

1-4 PNR

1-4 PNP

Corner three. 

Iso

Handoffs.

Right now, it's easy to key in on Trae because he doesn't have anybody else on the offense consistent enough to be a scoring threat.   This was amplified when we had no Clint and no JC in the playoffs. 

What happens though... when we have Clint, Mitchell, Trae on the court?  How do they double?

I'm going to tell you how games will go...

Just about every possession, we're scoring.  Teams will score on us.. maybe with a high percentage... but will be down by 20 by the half.   Then our 2nd Unit comes in:

Rivers/Delon/Kev/Oneal/OO

This unit's only purpose is to demoralize the other team by stopping their offense. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Everybody keeps talking about how woeful we would be defensively (I disagree and we have other defensive components)... but my question is....

1-5 PNR

1-4 PNR

1-4 PNP

Corner three. 

Iso

Handoffs.

Right now, it's easy to key in on Trae because he doesn't have anybody else on the offense consistent enough to be a scoring threat.   This was amplified when we had no Clint and no JC in the playoffs. 

What happens though... when we have Clint, Mitchell, Trae on the court?  How do they double?

Just about every possession, we're scoring.  Teams will score on us.. maybe with a high percentage... but will be down by 20 by the half.   Then our 2nd Unit comes in:

This unit's only purpose is to demoralize the other team by stopping their offense. 

This our backcourt........

Chip n Dale cursor – Custom Cursor

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Diesel said:

1-5 PNR

1-4 PNR

1-4 PNP

Corner three. 

Iso

Handoffs.

Who is O'Neal? 

45 minutes ago, shakes said:

there isn't a bigger Trae fan than me and even I acknowledge that he is most likely the worst defender in the NBA.  Pound for pound he isn't the worst.  heck, he isn't even the worst on the team as Bogi is a much worse defender inch for inch.     But pound for pound inch for inch is fantasy talk and the players are the size they are.   Taking that into account I agree that he is, if not the worst defender in the league, in the team photo.

You made suggestions for players,  I agreed.  Even if I didn't agree, I wouldn;t criticize the player you suggested to the level of thinking that a team with no championships can be that picky.  Thats the discord right there.  The difference of opinion is you feeling the Hawks needing to be selective.  Thats fine.  Thats your opinion.  My opinion is being selective has gotten the Hawks no championships. 

To make YOUR point for your, the Hawks DID one time go after a player with baggage, J.R. Rider, Isiah Rider.  It DIDN'T WORK.   So, yes, the Hawks could sign Kyrie, and it could fail like J.R. Rider, or it could work big.  My point is a player like him has the potential to make this work.   So, yes, your point has merit.

Edited by Hawkmoor

31 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Just saying...this dude is an UFA after next season.

He is a very good option.  Might even be a better fit than Mitchell because he plays defense.  The problem is Boston most likely is not gonna give him up.

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

You made suggestions for players,  I agreed.  Even if I didn't agree, I wouldn;t criticize the player you suggested to the level of thinking that a team with no championships can be that picky.  Thats the discord right there.  The difference of opinion is you feeling the Hawks needing to be selective.  Thats fine.  Thats your opinion.  My opinion is being selective has gotten the Hawks no championships. 

To make YOUR point for your, the Hawks DID one time go after a player with baggage, J.R. Rider, Isiah Rider.  It DIDN'T WORK.   So, yes, the Hawks could sign Kyrie, and it could fail like J.R. Rider, or it could work big.  My point is a player like him has the potential to make this work.   So, yes, your point has merit.

I don't think you responded to the correct post.   

• Like 1