• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Delon Wright Getting some Love!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

Good Article from Wes Morton.

Just one quote.

Wright addressed his free agency directly, remarking, “I would like to get a contract obviously. If it’s here, that would be lovely. But I know it’s a business.”

With Wright an unrestricted free agent this offseason, he can always freely test the market. But the Hawks do own his bird rights by virtue of trading for him in the last year of a three-year contract before the season, a useful exception for retaining your own. He will have a sizable cap hold of over $10 million which could make him a priority in either signing or letting walk in free agency.

My hope is that we resign him.   I have stretched what his value looks like I guess, but 3 years 27 Million is a number I think is good.  

• Like 3

I hate evaluations that shortchange his offensive game because he doesn’t score.  It’s quite casual.  His offensive rating was almost 10 points higher than the teams’ in the regular season and 25 points higher in the playoffs but this guy doesn’t know why.

Edited by benhillboy

10 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I hate evaluations that shortchange his offensive game because he doesn’t score.  It’s quite casual.  His offensive rating was almost 10 points higher than the teams’ in the regular season and 25 points higher in the playoffs but this guy doesn’t know why.

When Defense becomes offense!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

When Travis called me to get my wisdom, I suggested in no uncertain terms that priority 1-A is to have stability/continuity at the backup PG spot. It's encouraging to see that maybe my advocacy was well-taken... remembering that this time last year, it became seemingly clear based on Hawks' social media blowing kisses, that Solo was a priority to get re-signed.

1-B? To see Jalen develop so that he's prepared to have a significant role from day one next season... ostensibly replacing Gallo.

1-C? To see Big2O develop that jumper we've suspected he's capable of developing.

1-D? To fill whichever of the backup SF or PF that Jalen doesn't fill... ostensibly through a trade involving Gallo.

(Don't take that to mean I want to see Gallo gone, btw. I don't. But as we've said around here virtually since he first signed, his contract lends itself to suspect he's earmarked for being dealt prior to the 2022-23 season.)

• Like 1