• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

2 hours ago, JTB said:

Seem like a good trade for me but I’m one of the few on this board that believes Ivey will be a star. 
heck if he’s in the backcourt with Trae I’d give him rookie of year nods easily! 

Does he give it up easy or is he in the mold of a Stevie Franchise where supposedly he will but really he won’t? 

1 minute ago, sturt said:

There ya go.... a high character Squawker... cites his sources, no plagiarism going on here. 😄

I just remember a few off the top of the noggin. Another is the infamous 

image.gif.216706a5e13d27c778ee69fcab7b480d.gif

Just now, JeffS17 said:

Been refreshing all week with no dopamine hit.  Feel like an addict that can't get his vape pen to work

image.gif.8d1b746cab4e1e36024596c7decc2749.gif

• Haha 3

Ok the latest Hawks *trying* to trade  John Collins before the draft starts is a message to Sacramento to take the deal for number 4 now instead of waiting to the 4 slot. I’m sure Schlenk doesn’t trust those bozos and is leaking a message to Fischer.

Magic are locked in on Jabari. Houston has to take a big project now that they dumped Wood. It comes down to OKC snagging Ivey and log jamming their backcourt or taking Holmgren like they should. But Presti could just be clowning around and take Ivey.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

Ok the latest Hawks *trying* to trade  John Collins before the draft starts is a message to Sacramento to take the deal for number 4 now instead of waiting to the 4 slot. I’m sure Schlenk doesn’t trust those bozos and is leaking a message to Fischer.

They don't have better deals on the table. Atlanta hooking them up

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Right but we’re talking about an inept franchise here in Sacramento. McNair or not this is the Kings.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

Just now, theheroatl said:

Ok the latest Hawks *trying* to trade  John Collins before the draft starts is a message to Sacramento to take the deal for number 4 instead of waiting to the 4 slot.

Jake Fischer is riding this rumor hard!…Collins may get traded but I don’t believe it’s going to be any kind of rush before draft takes place.

there’s going to be a lot of hawk fans who dislike Fischer after this ! LOL….trade or not

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I can see that…Fox, JC, Sabonis

with new head coach Mike Brown 

yeah that would be the most winning thing the kings have done since C-Webb

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Some of those offers are not from those teams but from the Hawks.

1. Declined by SAC 

2. Portland wants Sharpe, if he's available, he's gone at 7

3. Squrs at 9. I haven't heard that. Bogi is the name that comes up with the Spurs.

4. Capela getting pushed more but there was JC talk at one time.

5. Jazz wants too much

6. Hawks don't want Grant like that and decline 16/Bogi

7. Simmons not available and Capela is the guy they want from Atlanta and have made numerous offers for him. 

Interested teams for JC are Portland, Sacramento, Indiana, Wizards and the Bulls. Oh and the Jazz. 

Damn near half the league called about Clint. Similar for Kevin. About the same as JC for Bogi

Damn. And Bogi only has 1 knee...

Thought bubble for everyone here.  One interesting player who rumors are won't get drafted is Scottie Pippen Jr.  Concerns about his height, shot selection, handles.

I could honestly see us taking him in the 2nd round or signing him after the draft to a G-League deal.  He's got a very high BBIQ and patience which IMHO is greater than most measurables.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sturt said:

My friend, you truly don't know me and that statement proves that.

I'm not that person.

I truly would suspend my support of the team. That's how deeply offensive it is to me to shelter a cop-out on the roster.

You win with integrity. And no less. Ever.

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

I understand @sturt's sentiment in general and a part of me would feel a certain type of way if we just landed a bunch of talent via free agency akin to Miami in 2010, but KD coming here would cost us a bunch of assets and we would be paying for him to be here.  It would be much different than getting a bunch of dudes because we have nice weather, beaches, and beaches.  So if KD came here I would be very happy -- no one in there right mind would see that situation like Brooklyn a couple years ago or Miami in 2010.  Our team would still be organically grown and we'd be using the assets we've accumulated to pay for KD.  Brooklyn would have no obligation to trade him here so we would have to pay market.

What's the entire point of drafting a superstar to DRAW super stars to your market then? 

Like you just want Trae out here with scrubs?  

The fact that Trae is here and KD would even consider us is a step up.

Y'all straight tripping.  

@sturt, I'd wish you well in your misery because I'd be celebrating that championship.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Again... I feel I'm being misread.

I don't mean there would be a shortcut taken by KD or by us in this current context.

I do mean that KD has made himself a subject of ridicule and scorn by having shown he'll do anything to get a ring.

I do mean that he can reverse that... by giving back the ring that he received by manipulating the system... but all of us would feel safe in assuming that's not ever happening.

I do mean that since he is of that low character that he would manipulate to get what he wanted... I want nothing to do with that kind of player on my team.

I require 15 players whose mentality is that they want to win without manipulating the system to win. That shouldn't be a shocking thing to require, imo.

As suggested earlier, I have the very same attitude toward the Asterisks who were implicated in that offense to the integrity of baseball... and yes, I've had the very same discussion with some Nats fans who wanted to see Correa and before that Springer come to the team in free agency.

This is the most asinine statement I ever heard.  Has nothing to do with character to want to be successful in your career. 

That's like you taking the best job that pays the best wages and gives you the best work life balances, but because a few of your friends say that job will make you rich and a bad person, you won't take it. 

You'd take it and I'd take it. 

This is your beliefs so no disrespect.  I just think it's disrespectful for you to speak on someone's character when you don't know them personally or what they do when not on a basketball court. 

It's basketball it's not that serious.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1