• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Barnes don't even give us enough money to compete a SnT for Ayton. It's disgusting that's he's been mention. Give us someone like Holmes. At least we can flip him. Barnes is useless, we can't even flip him

You can trade Barnes at the deadline to a team that's tanking since he's an expiring.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Competition

Believe this was the very first trade rumor I saw after the regular season wound down (ie, just that they were motivated to move up)... it's what prompted me to zero-in on OKC as a trade partner, but not knowing how far up the board they wanted to go, and not really having a good sense either of what #12 + #16 should yield in the first place.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It's StoryTime Ladies and Gentleman...

Summer '88, or was it '89
Or was it winter-time, ah, nevermind
I'm in my room, booming
Drawin' LL Cool J album covers with Crayolas on construction paper.

When over the world wide web, it is stated that the Atlanta Hawks has made a trade with the Detroit Pistons.

We traded Stacey Augmon and Grant Long for 2 1sts and 2 2nd round picks.

Boos and hisses was the appropriate response.   Augmon was plastic man. A Young lottery pick out of UNLV.  Long was a great PF we picked up in the Kevin Willis trade (along with Smitty). Both guys were starters. 

Hawks fans booed and hissed for about 23 hours...

In the 24th Hour, we signed Dikembe Mutombo!!!

This made everything better.   Funny.. Detroit had been in the running for Mutombo too.. but taking our deal strapped them enough that they couldn't outbid us for them.   

This was probably the best maneuver that the Hawks front office ever completed. 

So here we are again...

Detroit has 47 Million dollars in Cap to spend. 

We has supposed to sent them BB for Pick/Player to go to PTL... however, that trade faded away about 3 hours ago.

If history repeats itself, who is our Mutombo this time?

• Like 2

Just now, Marvin24Williams said:

We went from possibly getting pick 4 or 7 to a potential money saving move by bringing in Barnes for JC. Lmao typical

Im telling you now fam if we legit trade Collins for Barnes + filler and nothing else added or done.  Then Schlenk needs to be let go as i would feel he let the hawks and it's fans down and can't get the job done.    Now if he somehow does that and then turns around and brings in another star player because of it.  Then we can talk but that can't and shouldn't be the only move to keep faith in him.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

He might be talking about his shoe line for all we know.

Yeah but it's more fun to get excited about draft/FA things 🙂 

Edited by akay
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

This Collins for Barnes rumor has me nervous as hell.  We BETTER be getting #4 back. 

Nothing will make me more mad than a JC for Barnes and top 5 1st from the damn Kings. The only way I would be happy is if Durant became available and we can use the goofy ass pick to contend

• Haha 1