• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member

I can't let this thing consume my day. I'm out.

Sports is entertainment, it's not life. No reason to let what is supposed to be entertaining to, instead, be a dark cloud. No reason to be a dark cloud to all of you for whom this is something exciting.

• Sad 2

Just now, sturt said:

Sports is entertainment, it's not life. No reason to let what is supposed to be entertaining to, instead, be a dark cloud. No reason to be a dark cloud to all of you for whom this is something exciting.

Let's see the terms of the deal, then we can weigh in. The devil is in the details of course.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

So lemme get this straight.. we finally got our sights on a perimeter defender and it appears that a JC + 2 firsts is reasonable and we got people out there balking.

smdh

You don't know that. Other important assets like OO could be included in the deal.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I understand Spurs are looking for a 'Jrue Type Deal"...........

Looking back on that deal: Jrue and #60 (2020)

Eric Bledsoe and George Hill

2020 #24 pick (to OKC to take Hill)

2 unprotected future 1sts in 2025 and 2027 to NOP

2 pick swaps in 2024 and 27 with NOP

Then Buck resigned Jrue for $4yr/$160 million deal. Buck were closer to winning a Championship before the deal than where the Hawks currently stand so they were willing to put it all out on the line.

Murray is not on Jrue's level.

He has a great contract in terms of cost - 2yrs/$16 and $17 million but not great length, only 2 years left on his deal - that should be taken into consideration as well.

Ideally, I'd prefer 1 player and a plethora of picks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

But I thought we were all having fun? No?

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Murray is 6'4 190 and Trae is 6'2 175. That's one of the most undersized backcourt in the NBA 

You got to make up for that and with quality. Okongwu, Hunter, and Capela does make up for it. But you remove Okongwu, it's hard finding someone who can who needs limited touches, etc. 

Now do Murray's wingspan and his ability to guard bigger players.  We had a much bigger Huerter and Bogi on the perimeter, yet they were turnstiles out there. 

I would hate to give up OO too, but Hunter and Murray on the perimeter is excellent point of attack defense.  Hunter, OO, and Murrary would be LOCK down, but getting a two way player next to Trae on the perimeter is paramount too.  Especially one that can handle, rebound, and playmake.

I want Ayton too if this Murray trade goes down. Big if and I'm trying to temper my expectations.   

If you get Ayton, you have  three potential two way players in your starting lineup.  An offense unto himself in Trae Young and fill in the 4 with a vet (Gallo?) and wait on JJ to get up to speed. I would prefer OO be the four in this situation for defensive purposes.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, sturt said:

Yes, I got that. But then I evidently misunderstood you to say that the front office was looking at a way of keeping JC (apart from switching Cs) that hadn't previously been recognized. (I don't really know still what you were trying to say there in those sentences, but okay, doesn't matter now I suppose.)

You have rejected lover syndrome I think.  "But I can make him come back. I can!"

Just now, marco102 said:

Now do Murray's wingspan and his ability to guard bigger players.  We had a much bigger Huerter and Bogi on the perimeter, yet they were turnstiles out there. 

I would hate to give up OO too, but Hunter and Murray on the perimeter is excellent point of attack defense.  Hunter, OO, and Murrary would be LOCK down, but getting a two way player next to Trae on the perimeter is paramount too.  Especially one that can handle, rebound, and playmake.

I want Ayton too if this Murray trade goes down. Big if and I'm trying to temper my expectations.   

If you get Ayton too, you have  three potential two way players in your starting lineup.  An offense unto himself in Trae Young and fill in the 4 with a vet (Gallo?) and wait on JJ to get up to speed. I would prefer OO be the four in this situation for defenses purposes.

Bogi defense can be bad but Kevin generally has much better metrics defensively when he doesn't have to play with Trae. I wonder how good Murray will be on defense playing next to Trae and his shitactluar defense. Everyone takes a hit on defense playing with Trae but they get a major bump on offense with Trae as well. Especially the bigs. 

I can see this a JC for Murray helping us and making us worse as well. Adjustments are needed, especially from Trae. Hunter has to lock into a role. This is nowhere close to a contender as it stands. This is why I am completely indifferent and I want Murray. I just see it more like @sturt in terms of, this isnt use trading for a superstar or star. This is an up and coming guy who's emerging. 

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Negotiating will go right up until the draft most likely. It's gonna be a long day.

I'm thinking we'll hear something between 12 and 2.  12 is 9 AM east coast, 10 AM SAS time.  Time to get up, review last offers, make decisions.  Usually the predraft shenanigans kick off around noon for that reason.

• Like 1

For the insiders...Any word on when this Murray deal could get done?  Per one report it was supposed to go down last night. 

Is this SAS leaking the details to the league to entice a better offer before the draft?  So, it could be Deshaun Watson all over again, where we have another team make an insane offer to push us out.