• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

Just now, Final_quest said:

For the insiders...Any word on when this Murray deal could get done?  Per one report it was supposed to go down last night. 

Is this SAS leaking the details to the league to entice a better offer before the draft?  So, it could be Deshaun Watson all over again, where we have another team make an insane offer to push us out.  

I got nothing right now. 

11 minutes ago, sturt said:

I can't let this thing consume my day. I'm out.

Sports is entertainment, it's not life. No reason to let what is supposed to be entertaining to, instead, be a dark cloud. No reason to be a dark cloud to all of you for whom this is something exciting.

Rest well @sturt. This is getting stressful as a fan. I might have to bounce too. I can't let this consume another day for me.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

No, he just doesn't want to commit another day to responding to rumors.  There is a draft tonight.

I think he just needs a cup of coffee ☕️ and some breathing exercises and we can plug 🔌 n play him.

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bogi defense can be bad but Kevin generally has much better metrics defensively when he doesn't have to play with Trae. I wonder how good Murray will be on defense playing next to Trae and his shitactluar defense. Everyone takes a hit on defense playing with Trae but they get a major bump on offense with Trae as well. Especially the bigs. 

I can see this a JC for Murray helping us and making us worse as well. Adjustments are needed, especially from Trae. Hunter has to lock into a role. This is nowhere close to a contender as it stands. This is why I am completely indifferent and I want Murray. I just see it more like @sturt in terms of, this isnt use trading for a superstar or star. This is an up and coming guy who's emerging. 

Trae's defense will be fine if he has someone to take some of the offensive load off of him.  As bad as you make his defense out to be, he's never been attacked consistently in the playoffs.  Even Miami didn't attack him consistently.  That shows me if Trae has a team locking down around him, he will play his role.

Murray is the exact type of player the Hawks would hope for to get.  He's already an Allstar, but no one sees him as a star.  He could turn into one with the Hawks and that's why you buy low.  Also, he's only making $33 million over the next two seasons.  This allows you to continue to build the team with depth.   Murray will be a solid 2/3 option too with his all around game.

Hate to keep going back to Ayton, but that's why I'd want him here. With Trae, he can be a reliable number 2 option. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He has, all of his metrics are off the charts. He just needs more playing time which we can't do because we got JC and Capela in front of him and he was splitting mins with Gallinari who's had a lot of success in this league. 

Show me where that happened.  He never played the four once last season. 

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Trae's defense will be fine if he has someone to take some of the offensive load off of him.  As bad as you make his defense out to be, he's never been attacked consistently in the playoffs.  Even Miami didn't attack him consistently.  That shows me if Trae has a team locking down around him, he will play his role.

Murray is the exact type of player the Hawks would hope for to get.  He's already an Allstar, but no one sees him as a star.  He could turn into one with the Hawks and that's why you buy low.  Also, he's only making $33 million over the next two seasons.  This allows you to continue to build the team with depth.   Murray will be a solid 2/3 option too with his all around game.

Hate to keep going back to Ayton, but that's why I'd want him here. With Trae, he can be a reliable number 2 option. 

Trae defense is ass. It's nearly impossible to convince me otherwise. I've watched over 200+ games and can only recall good defense like 6 times. The best was the Magic game a couple years ago

JC + OO + 16 + Charlotte 1st - I'm good. Also good subbing a protected 1st instead of OO.

But I don't want to lose out on a true 2nd star in Murray to pair with Trae just because of what OO could POTENTIALLY be.

Right now, he's an undersized 5 who hasn't shown that he can play the 4 or even develop a jump shot.

Not going to split hairs on OO when you could potentially have a foursome of - Trae / Murray / Hunter / Ayton leading your team for the next f'ing decade.

Literally throw whoever at the 4 and roll with it but don't lose out on Murray just because you don't want to lose OO. 

How about a 3 teamer … 

Kev + 16 to NOP

murray + j rich + hernangomez to atl

j Collins + 8 + cha FRP to SAS

NOP gets a player they covet, stay in the first and shed grahams contract. 

SAS gets an equivalent offer of what Jrue got … bad salary (graham which they can use 20/25 to move on from), jc (worth at least 2 mid FRPs), 8 (worth 2 mid FRPs) and a future mid FRP.

atl gets their guy and rounds out the roster with some ok bench pieces while keeping Oo + JJ keeping the Squawk happy. And far enough under cap with option to add a FA PF or move OO into that role. Still leaves option for Ayton SnT while staying under LT as well. 

this day is like early Christmas to me. Gimme all the rumors. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1