• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member

It's funny.  I got so mad that I called Schlenk... I asked him about the whiteboard and all the deals we were supposed to make and all the talks he was having with all these GMs.. and he told me...

Spoiler

YARN | No. Nobody wants me around. | The Jungle Book (1967) | Video gifs by  quotes | 459603b9 | 紗

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's a coach with the Raptors.

My impression is that coaches generally prefer to avoid the weird team dynamics of having to coach their own kids beyond high school. So, if anything, I'd guess even if his dad's contract is up, ATL would be at the bottom of the list of preferred destinations.

We need a big man coach. One with a resume that screams "I back down to no one." After all, didn't we just hear from camp (or was it Soth) that a grittier attitude is an explicit goal?

2022-06-23_22-18-11.png

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Schlenk has a Gallo decision to make ahead of FA, of course. I don't think the whiteboards have been erased. They may have even just gotten fuller. There are teams tonight who have greater certainty about where they stand... and in particular, if the draft allowed them to fill a need or not. For the "nots," they're more motivated now.

I hate to test fate here, but I like that WAS got a PG in the draft, and I like that NYK set themselves up to get Brunson... those were the two teams supposedly most likely destinations for Brogdon.

And it's not that Brogdon is someone I've salivated for, but it is that his skills and strengths mirror Dejounte Murray's, and my perception is that you can make a more reasonable trade with IND, and with potentially similar results on the other side.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The really sad thing is this is EXACTLY what I expected from the Hawks draft but allowed myself to get sucked in all day *just in case* something big happened. 

Half-expected nothing to happen as well, but I think most of the time that's a good thing.  I don't want Schlenk to be desperate.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

That was a non answer about JC.  If you were definitely keeping him you would be way more forceful in how you wanted to word that.

Not sure anyone has that illusion at this point that we'd be "definitely" keeping him, though. So, honesty at least is reassuring, to me anyway.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

And it's not that Brogdon is someone I've salivated for, but it is that his skills and strengths mirror Dejounte Murray's, and my perception is that you can make a more reasonable trade with IND, and with potentially similar results on the other side.

I normally like to look at the last 3 years for anyone I'm assessing.

It's not good that Brogdon will turn 30 in December, but then again, it's another reason you ought to be able to get him at a more reasonable cost.

2022-06-24_00-11-45.png

We can close down this thread. This admin isn't going to make a big splash via trade or free agency. It's gonna be "we love our guys" and "we feel good about where we are" and "we are building through the draft".

Placing my bet right now that Ayton, Gobert, Lavine, KD, Kyrie, or any other top 50 player isn't getting traded or signing here this season or next.

Our biggest move will be waiving Gallo and staying under the tax.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So the potential deal for Murray is still possible and yes, that was the super secret deal they were working on. Right now the ball is in SAS court. Their asking price is still a bit high from a Hawks perspective. Their is interest from a Hawks perspective but not at a highway robbery price. The deal was weird. It was a "we could work something with this guy if you're interested" but then the negotiating tactic moved to our guy for your guy and a boat load of picks and a prospect.

The Hawks wanted this done to be able to make their decision on Gallo easier.  SAS tried holding the Hawks feet to the fire knowing the Hawks are up against the Gallo deadline on the 29th.

The Murray talk was initiated by SAS in response to other potential deals the Hawks had discussed for Collins. Then leaked to the media in the week before the draft to try and force the Hawks back to the table.

The media reports of "the Hawks are looking to move Collins on draft night" and "hot to move off Collins" stories were mostly pushed from Detroit (create competition that didn't exist for Grant) and SAS in an attempt to lower the value of Collins.

The Hawks discussed the potential trade with John ahead of time to gauge his interest, give him a feel.  The conversation was well received and Collins' agent was kept in the loop the whole time (as much as they could). The Hawks went about the whole thing classy from a player perspective. It was SAS and Detroit that tried leveraging the media and made it media awkward in the end.

Makes sense. Sounds like the deal can still happen but if it does, will likely be done by the 29th. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So the potential deal for Murray is still possible and yes, that was the super secret deal they were working on. Right now the ball is in SAS court. Their asking price is still a bit high from a Hawks perspective. Their is interest from a Hawks perspective but not at a highway robbery price. The deal was weird. It was a "we could work something with this guy if you're interested" but then the negotiating tactic moved to our guy for your guy and a boat load of picks and a prospect.

The Hawks wanted this done to be able to make their decision on Gallo easier.  SAS tried holding the Hawks feet to the fire knowing the Hawks are up against the Gallo deadline on the 29th.

The Murray talk was initiated by SAS in response to other potential deals the Hawks had discussed for Collins. Then leaked to the media in the week before the draft to try and force the Hawks back to the table.

The media reports of "the Hawks are looking to move Collins on draft night" and "hot to move off Collins" stories were mostly pushed from Detroit (create competition that didn't exist for Grant) and SAS in an attempt to lower the value of Collins.

The Hawks discussed the potential trade with John ahead of time to gauge his interest, give him a feel.  The conversation was well received and Collins' agent was kept in the loop the whole time (as much as they could). The Hawks went about the whole thing classy from a player perspective. It was SAS and Detroit that tried leveraging the media and made it media awkward in the end.

So we were the good guys, doing business the right way, with honor and integrity. They were the ones being deceitful, duplicitous and manipulative. I feel morally superior now.

• Haha 4