• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

I understand SAS position though. If we insisting on protecting the picks I could see why they would say no. Probably can reach a compromise where the picks are lightly protected (1-3) or something like that. 

The way I see it...if we are sending unprotected picks, it means we have assigned a ZERO value to Collins and trading him as a salary dump.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's about value and asset management.

Just like you don't trade Reddish and #16 for Andre Drummond when he gets traded for a 2nd rounder. Or trade #16 for an expiring Grant when he goes for a protected pick 3 years out.

You don't trade unprotected picks when you were just in the play-in tournament.

We won’t be a play in team if we have Murray and Trae in the backcourt. I can bet on that!

barring no injuries…but no one can control that.

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

We are all guilty of that.  I never thought I'd be saying no to a trade for KD. 

If he was 3 years younger, I'd be all in, but that risk is just too much for my apatite.  I also believe it is highly unlikely to happen and this will hold up us improving the team. 

In sports, age is really important. Father time never loses. At age 33, and with a spate of injuries in recent years, there is too much risk there. If you could sign him as free agent, sure why not. But a godfather trade is not the way to go. 

Just now, JTB said:

Don’t need to. The problem is we’re the hawks franchise and we compare ourselves to what other franchises won’t do or shouldn’t  do as if we have the same prestige built up when we don’t.

trading two unprotected picks won’t be the end of the world especially when the team is still young. I may have a change of heart if Trae was 30 or Murray 32….but they are 23 and 25. You make this trade as a long term move not short term. 

We still would have a very young core. Trae 23, Murray 25, capela if he stays 26 or if we get Ayton he’s 23. OO even younger ….I don’t get the value of those picks when we would be in the playoffs not play in with the way the team would be assembled.

I see your point.  However, you are still acting like the Hawks don't have a superstar.  Do you even think Murray would want to come here if there was no Trae.  KD would even CONSIDER us if there was no Trae? 

This goes both ways, Trae will bring players here, but as a GM you have to way the risk and reward.  if you want to give up one unprotected pick in 2023 when you have a pick, sure.  Not two unprotected.  Again, other GM's pay attention to your negotiating tactics.  You do this once and you're going to be held to the fire in the future. 

I will say, Travis gives up what he wants to get who he wants.  For example, the DeAndre and Trae trades.  If he thought Murray was worth two unprotected picks, he'd do it.  However, he's yet to do it which means even he thinks that's an overpay.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If he was 3 years younger, I'd be all in, but that risk is just too much for my apatite.  I also believe it is highly unlikely to happen and this will hold up us improving the team. 

It's not even his age that concerns me...it's how we fill in the rest of the roster to compete per his demands.

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

It's not even his age that concerns me...it's how we fill in the rest of the roster to compete per his demands.

This too.  It'll take so much to get him, what's the point?  You'll have $80 million tied up with just Trae and KD I believe.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The way I see it...if we are sending unprotected picks, it means we have assigned a ZERO value to Collins and trading him as a salary dump.

Would you rather send OO with JC or unprotected picks?

I thought the whole reason of gaining all these assets was so we could make decisions like this so we could have options and still keep valuable assets.

The deal is JC + unprotected first rd picks for Murray (is what we are discussing) but have you forgotten that we still have high assets in Hunter, OO, Huerter, JJ, Capela….all young assets too. Even Bogi is probably an asset for a contending team due to age. We still have a lot of pieces that are trade worthy if need be down the line.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

When a person really doesn't care about what people think about his character, that he'll lower himself just to prove he can... that that mere reality that "he can" is a thing to be proud of... that's ordinarily something associated with a stage of life we call adolescence. It's only when that same person emerges in the next stage where he values purpose and reason... and thus, appreciates some of the more basic rules of life such as respecting your elders and having an appreciation for how history matters... that that person evolves into adulthood.

Just sayin.

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I see your point.  However, you are still acting like the Hawks don't have a superstar.  Do you even think Murray would want to come here if there was no Trae.  KD would even CONSIDER us if there was no Trae? 

This goes both ways, Trae will bring players here, but as a GM you have to way the risk and reward.  if you want to give up one unprotected pick in 2023 when you have a pick, sure.  Not two unprotected.  Again, other GM's pay attention to your negotiating tactics.  You do this once and you're going to be held to the fire in the future. 

I will say, Travis gives up what he wants to get who he wants.  For example, the DeAndre and Trae trades.  If he thought Murray was worth two unprotected picks, he'd do it.  However, he's yet to do it which means even he thinks that's an overpay.

As long as you see my point great! and I don’t believe KD is truly considering us as an option and oddly I don’t want him to because this team would be shit with just Trae and KD.

last the Murray deal is still pending still on the table according to reports so hard to say Travis think’s it’s an overpay if it’s still being considered.

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Supposedly our KD deal is JC, OO, JJ, AG, and 2 1st rounders.

If Brooklyn did take that deal..  What's left is:

• Trae/Shariffe
  • Bogi/Kev
  • Hunter
  • KD/Gallo
  • Clint

With Trae and KD, I don't think we'd have problems attracting some ring chasers.  I can see us easily getting a BU C.  I would like fos us to resign Delon.. and this is probably a space where we either sign Knox or TLC or maybe both. 

The question....

Does this team win a chip?

How does us vs. Boston in a playoff series look?

How about us vs. Milwaukee?

If I'm Brooklyn, there's no way I'd take that deal without also getting Bogi or Hunter.

If I'm the Hawks, you do that deal ASAP. All you're giving up are Collins, OO, young players and future draft picks?   Yeah, sign me up.

And yes, we're title contenders.

- 2 HOF players playing at that level

- 3rd guy who can play at All-Star level ( Clint defensively / Bogi when hot )

- top 5 offense

- possibly top 10 defense if correct role players added

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If I'm Brooklyn, there's no way I'd take that deal without also getting Bogi or Hunter.

If I'm the Hawks, you do that deal ASAP. All you're giving up are Collins, OO, young players and future draft picks?   Yeah, sign me up.

And yes, we're title contenders.

- 2 HOF players playing at that level

- 3rd guy who can play at All-Star level ( Clint defensively / Bogi when hot )

- top 5 offense

- possibly top 10 defense if correct role players added

KD isn't a PF is he?  I'd at least try to keep OO or JJ.

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Not pessimism.  I noticed you avoided the avatar bet because you know it's highly unlikely too.  Just think it is a waste of energy to even  debate something that unlikely.  Murray, Ayton sure...let's discuss. KD not happening and no reason wasting pages of discussion on it. 

They have the best chance of offering a package for KD.

Wait is that real? If so I’d rather have Susan Lucci, the queen of daytime drama 🎭 than ever hear a KD rumor again.

What a snake 🐍.

Wow, this era brought us Adam Silver and Kevin Durant. Ouch 😣 for the league. Natural competition went bye bye.

23 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Also, and I don’t know where this would fit in, I’d have to take multiple showers a day just rooting for that 🐍 cupcake.NEVERRRRRRRR!!!!

2 hours ago, sturt said:

When a person really doesn't care about what people think about his character, that he'll lower himself just to prove he can... that that mere reality that "he can" is a thing to be proud of... that's ordinarily something associated with a stage of life we call adolescence. It's only when that same person emerges in the next stage where he values purpose and reason... and thus, appreciates some of the more basic rules of life such as respecting your elders and having an appreciation for how history matters... that that person evolves into adulthood.

Just sayin.

You get a 👍for the statement, and the way you broke up those 2 long run-on sentences with the ...

I'm a ... user, and I appreciate it when people use them to break up long sentences.

• Haha 3