• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

What teams would have interest in trading JC for FRP right now…

Maybe...

JC to Pistons

Pistons sends SAS FRP... to go with 2 of our FRPs and prolly a swap of picks down the line.... and we get Murray.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Maybe...

JC to Pistons

Pistons sends SAS FRP... to go with 2 of our FRPs and prolly a swap of picks down the line.... and we get Murray.

If this happened... Detroit would be a problem.

Bagley, JC, Bey, Ivey, Cade...

With Duren, Stewart, and Walker off the bench.

• Premium Member

IF the Hawks trade for Murray.

They should do a follow up trade to get Jonathan Isaac.  They should then let Isaac and JJ fight for the PF position. 

They should also look hard at Grant Golden in SL for the third C spot. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

They should do a follow up trade to get Jonathan Isaac.  They should then let Isaac and JJ fight for the PF position. 

I would be good with Isaac.  If he is recovered he would be a solid defender at the 4.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

You already know I think Okongwu is the best PF on this roster right now so that's a no brainer there and we aren't getting Tucker. He's joining his brother Harden. I would love to get Thad Young as Sturt says, that's a real steal of a vet. He still got game and he can fill the void Gallo leaving. 

I have zero faith in JJ getting serious minutes next year so 

Trae/DW

DM/Bogi

Hunter/Kev

Okongwu/Young

Capela/Biyombo 

The rest playing in College Park. 

I have no issue with this squad.  Good balance.  It's a must that Hunter be efficient as hell as a starter.  

With this group, I could see Trae - Dejounte - Bogi - Hunter - Capela finishing games.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I have no issue with this squad.  Good balance.  It's a must that Hunter be efficient as hell as a starter.  

With this group, I could see Trae - Dejounte - Bogi - Hunter - Capela finishing games.  

Depending on what we need, if its offense and floor spacing, sure! 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Sothron said:

I found it more interesting that the basketball guys (TS, Landry) want Murray and Ressler (the owner who has the only vote that counts) is more interested in KD.

This makes sense to me:

On 6/23/2022 at 5:15 PM, JeffS17 said:

Exactly -- it would be a $$$ move, not a winning basketball move.  I would love KD if we didn't have to mortgage our future for him.  It's too risky and the guy is getting old.... we'd have a 2 year window to make something happen and I hate feeling like my team is on a timer lol

Ressler saw how much the Nets org blew up from an absolute nothing team to in the media every single day.  It's a players league and KD has a massive following, and he's a polarizing player as seen on this board so he will always generate interest.

4 hours ago, JTB said:

Lol well just an FYI…supes source and Soth source were hearing different things regarding both Ayton and apparently now Murray too. I trust both sources but until they confirm the same or near the same thing I am going to assume we are still in it for whatever targeted players.

the only player that both supes and Soth have confirmed that we are pretty much out on is Gobert. 

Very un-spurs like for their stars to act different from the laid back culture David Robinson, Duncan, Ginoboli, Parker and of course Pop built .

this is similar to Leonard though he wasn’t outspoken. Just my opinion. Spurs want stars to come in and shut up and just do their job…good luck with that in this era.

Had no clue he did that! That’s actually hilarious and kind of cool he wants to be here.

In my opinion I believe the Murray deal will get done soon as Resseler comes to the realization KD ain’t coming here! Then we can get the real show going with the hawks only sending out JC and two frp’s….I would be shocked if they are unable to find a 3rd team that wouldn’t want JC for a first rd pick!

I know it’s hard to complete 3 team trades but there’s got to be plenty of teams out there very willing to get involved to get JC if the main piece they’d be giving up from their side is a future frp!

I have no current info but the price tag that SA wanted is exceptionally high. 3 1sts and that's crazy. 

• Like 1

Three ways?  Sacramento has made talk about Collins.  Could he go there for a 1st round pick?  We have an extra one next season.  We trade that pick, Collins and one of our future 1sts.  
The thing is, the better we become the less value our draft pick becomes.  Chances are, if we pull off this swap we will not be in the lottery when that pick conveys.

😎

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I agree Diesel. I believe Jonathan Isaac can and would be a good fit for us. He checks every box for me. He's 6-11 and long and can play both forward spots, is a great perimeter and interior defender, has a decent perimeter game and he has a very manageable contract. Can you imagine a defense with Isaac, Hunter, Murray, and Capela(Preferably Ayton). Orlando has some decisions to make. Their roster is too full and probably won't have enough spots for everybody. I can't see them not starting Banchero because he was the first pick and he's playing for a rebuilding team. With Wendell Carter, the Wagner Brothers, Chuma, Bol Bol, and Isaac. I believe they will lose Mo Bamba (restricted free agent) and Lopez. That's a lot of people, not counting Terrence Ross, and all those backcourt players. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theheroatl said:

What teams would have interest in trading JC for FRP right now…

I would think there would be plenty. It’s not like JC is some scrub. This is a good player.

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

My experience with CEOs is that they often have a huge ego, duh.  This can be good because average people don't dare to believe they can take over the world, they do.  Ressler wanted to fast track a rebuild, which we got Clint, Gallo, and Bogi for that purpose.  After experiencing the level of success he envisioned with an ECF run, he has no appetite to slow play this.  

Ressler is fuming mad because he thought he was at least set up for deep playoff runs, and if TS made the run it back call, his leash is short.  Sh*t rolls down hill and TS gave the players an ear full last year. 

Positively we are at least going to be aggressive and take a shot.  Negatively we could be making moves like the Nets with Garnett, Pierce, and Joe Johnson.  We've always asked for an owner who will at least spend the money and have a bigger vision.  To me this is better than ASG, who just wanted to stay under the luxury tax and make the playoffs.  

Well said.