• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

What did we get back???

최고 Bag Of Chips GIF들 | Gfycat

I had to settle for store-brand tortilla chips and a half-eaten bag of pork rinds aka 'skins'.

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

KG becomes the Executive of the year if he traded Supes for Cool Ranch Doritos.   If it's just the regular Doritos, he probably loses to Presti..

Cool ranch was on the table 'til we shared supes' medicals (aka posting history) and they realized he's damaged goods and that he threatened a teammate.

However, they were impressed by my pocket-sand retorts .

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Delon's Caphold is $16 million which he won't get.

I'm assuming the max he will get from a contender is in the MLE range of $10.2 million or TMLE for $6.3 million, so I don't see the Hawks offering more than that.  So somewhere in the range between $6.3 and $10.2.

Hope you're right, of course.

It's time to hang the phone up on the Spurs. 4 first round picks, that's a deal breaker for me. If we've been negotiating with this team for this long and it hasn't resulted in a deal, then it's tine to walk. There is more than one way to skin a cat. We can find help elsewhere. We might have to take a good look at Victor Oladipo and end this back and forth nonsense. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, sturt said:

Hope you're right, of course.

My best guess.  I think finding a trade for Bogi where we get back a "useable" player on a lower contract.  Can't think of someone at the moment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

No need to walk.  Just stand firm on your offer and don't stop exploring other possibilities.  You frequently see people testing the market to come crawling back to take what they were already offered.  Think of Kyrie just this week as an example where he was getting ready to write his ticket to a max deal with a new team but came back and took what was already on the table when he figured out that wasn't happening.  It makes perfect sense.  JC did that in free agency where we made him an offer, he tried to do better, couldn't do better, and came back to sign on the dotted line.

I hear you AHF, but I'm old school and from a different generation. I refuse to let anybody finesse/fleece me and I refuse to let any man hold me hostage. 

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I had to settle for store-brand tortilla chips and a half-eaten bag of pork rinds aka 'skins'.

Cool ranch was on the table 'til we shared supes' medicals (aka posting history) and they realized he's damaged goods and that he threatened a teammate.

However, they were impressed by my pocket-sand retorts .

OKC Thunder - Sam Presti talks KD, Chris Paul and beards - YouTube

SAM PRESTI 2022-2023 Executive of the Year...

What did the New EOY have to say about KG of Hawksquawk blowing the deal for the Cool Ranch Doritos?

"There's a significant amount of randomness that happens in the NBA every year, and you have to give teams time to figure themselves out."

Squawkers love affair with Cool Ranch Doritos are almost as strong as their love affair with Corndogs in the 2000s...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I'm about to negotiate a new salary for a promotion and I'm terrified of that very thing. I hate negotiating. Hate that feeling of asking, getting rejected and having to slide down to the offer. There is no worse feeling than an over reach in negotiating. Always fearful you blew the deal altogether.  The old rule of you never accept the first offer but what if the first offer is the best offer?

You know your worth.  If it's a fair deal, then take it... if it's not, then have a backup plan that may include going elsewhere.   That's why KG lose the EOY to Presti..  He should have gotten more for Supes.   Supes Post History has nothing to do with what he can do in the future.  He's a better poster than he used to be... and because he's an insider... he can attract more views...Somebody would have given us a good bag of chips for that!!

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Ok I guess I'm dumb here, but are u saying u can't trade four consecutive picks? So we would be doing every other ? 

Well, you can't trade 1st round picks so that you have no first rounders in consecutive years is how I always understood it. 

So if we sent 2023 and 2024 and we didn't have any picks in those years, its a no go.

But we have two picks in 2023.. 

So we could send one of our 2023, our 2024, our 2026 and our 2028.   if we were sending 4 picks.  
However, I say

F that. I would send 2023 (ours) 2024 (unprotetced)... and a Pick swap for 2026 (unprotected).   That's all they get.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Stepien

Ah ok, thanks googles that.  I was just making sure, but we would have our draft picks in the off years still, so not 8 years that is what I was trying to understand, the recording was coming across like we don't have a draft for 8 solid years.

Edited by hylndr11
  • Like 2