• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This would ultimately mean Ayton is extremely possible for us. 

Not sure I want Ayton right now.  CC is integral to our offense and swapping for Ayton would be too much noise at once imo... also concerned about his attitude and work ethic.  I'd rather have Gobert because he doesn't change the dynamic of our team but is just a pure upgrade at pretty much all facets of being a center.  I know that one is dead right now though so probably stand pat on CC imo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

There's a good argument to be made that JC fits better on the Hawks now than he did an hour ago. I would still trade him in the right deal but there's no need to force it.. Depends on if he wants out or not...

Unless Atlanta is just trying to honor the fact that he wants out. I would keep him but like Denver with Nyland, Okongwu is primed and ready for a starting role at the 4. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Unless Atlanta is just trying to honor the fact that he wants out. I would keep him but like Denver with Nyland, Okongwu is primed and ready for a starting role at the 4. 

Our defense SHOULD be top 5 with OO at the 4.  He just has to prove he has the offensive game for it

• Like 1

I would think with a pick rich deal like that we will need to acquire some to use in any big moves like Gobert.

it could be back to a Ayton or Gobert situation so that could get interesting. I doubt Schlenk wants to include any more FRPs in those deals until we acquire one via trading another asset like Bogi or Huerter.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Bogi / Huerter are now redundant.  There is very little impact in trading either.  So Clint + Bogi we lose nothing, salary is equal to Rudy. Rudy is an upgrade. Best pick setting big in the game, better passer than Clint, better finisher, better defender. Your salary doesn't change if you trade both Clint/Bogi. Your lineup doesn't really change if you trade both Clint and Bogi. There is no loss there except Rudy's age.

Don't have to sell me, I'm the biggest Rudy on the Hawks fan here lol... Supes has mentioned Utah rly wants Hunter for him though which i think is a bad move for us.  I don't know why Utah would take Clint and Bogi for him

18 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Thats what I've been saying over and over and they finally stepped up and made a championship move.  The good part is they are not finished yet.

I'd be a lot more weary had they gotten hossed by the Knicks in last year's playoffs and never made that run. Whether by hook or crook, they were still one official's foot away from likely making the Finals and winning a World title. I'll still say that they're closer to being that team than the one that languished and were beset by injuries/'rona last year.

They saw a mistake in running it back with the same squad and quickly pivoted. That's a far cry from the years where our front office would sit on its hands while the entire conference passed us by. But don't take my word for it; ask Dominique or Joe Johnson how it felt having to carry entire teams on their back while their counterparts had REAL players riding shotgun alongside them. They'll verify...

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Schlenk probably begged for top 3 or 5 protection on those picks, but Pop knew he had us by the short hairs.

I don't like that they are Unprotected, but here's the thing, if you protect them then they extend the number of years you owe picks.

For example: the Charlotte pick is lottery protected for 3 years which means Charlotte can't Trade their picks for those w years.