• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Admin

Honestly, I like the makeup of this team with a solid defender in the backcourt now … we answered major needs … a wing defender, someone to take the pressure off of trae, a backup pg as well when he is on the bench.

sogn Solo and call it a day

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Honestly, I like the makeup of this team with a solid defender in the backcourt now … we answered major needs … a wing defender, someone to take the pressure off of trae, a backup pg as well when he is on the bench.

sogn Solo and call it a day

We don't kneed a whole lot.

Sign Delon and Solo and a 3rd big.

When trouble arise in the season, then we will make further changes. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Fischer was ultimately correct about the outcome so we cant quibble too much.

Was he, though?

He said this just this morning... "It's unclear what is needed to get Murray-to-Atlanta over the finish line. One league source said Collins was back on the table come Tuesday, and the Spurs have started to tell teams Murray's asking price stands as high as four-first round picks, sources said."

I'm still not confident.

• Thanks 1

Please help me here cap experts. Been reading up on BYC and found this via reddit

"First off, here is an overview of Base Year Compensation (BYC): http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q93

BYC affects sign-and-trade transactions. If the player being S&T'd meets all of the following:

A Bird or Early Bird FA

Receiving a new salary greater than the minimum

Receiving a 20% raise from his previous salary

His original team is at or above the cap right after signing him

Then:

His outgoing salary is equal to the greater of his previous year's salary OR 50% of his new salary

His incoming salary is equal to his new salary

So what does this mean?

The cap next year is projected to come in at $122 M. Assuming Deandre Ayton is receiving the 25% max in a S&T, his first year salary will be $30,500,000.

For the Suns, that means his outgoing salary is equal to half of that, or $15,250,000. The Suns can take back a maximum of $20,250,000 (unless they go into the tax, then it will be $19,162,500).

For the team receiving Ayton, his salary is still $30,500,000, so they must send back a minimum of $24,320,000.

This means that a straight two team S&T trade for Ayton on a max contract is impossible. This is a rule built into the CBA, there is no getting around it."

I am confused on how he came up with "$24,320,000" for the minimum a team must send back in any Ayton S&T

• Premium Member

OK... Can I send out a Big Thank You....

THANK YOU.... CAM.

Your trade made this possible.  Had you not been so miserable that we had to trade you to the Knicks, we would have never got the pick that allowed us to get this trade done.  This Bud is for you!!

Clydesdales GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Was he, though?

He said this just this morning... "It's unclear what is needed to get Murray-to-Atlanta over the finish line. One league source said Collins was back on the table come Tuesday, and the Spurs have started to tell teams Murray's asking price stands as high as four-first round picks, sources said."

I'm still not confident.

Oh Lord Sturt, he was the first to go public with Murray to the Hawks and he was right. 

• Like 1

Just now, bleachkit said:

Oh Lord Sturt, he was the first to go public with Murray to the Hawks and he was right. 

Thats what i was interested in knowing if he was the 1st one to go public with it.  I thought i remembered he was but wasn't 100% sure about it.  For that alone he has earned credibility with me going forward.  True others might have caught wind of changed being made but he didn't dispute them and usually backed them up at times on what he had heard from his sources as well.  He wasn't 100% accurate on everything at all times but he done enough for me to atleast listen to him and believe we have a chance of what he brings up the next time he posts something.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

It's a start.

I'm just hard to please, and very suspicious of newbies and their desire to make a name for themselves.

Ask Kirschner.

But I've been fair with Kirschner, maybe as much as anyone here... let's see what the evidence says in another year or so.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

Some people's got some splainin to do...

Legion Hoops, right?

How bout Fischer... not sure, but seems like he suggested NYK was in the mix along with MIN... or was that someone else?

It was Fischer.  He’s reported every rumor he hears at Taco Mac

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sturt said:

It's a start.

I'm just hard to please, and very suspicious of newbies and their desire to make a name for themselves.

Ask Kirschner.

But I've been fair with Kirschner, maybe as much as anyone here... let's see what the evidence says in another year or so

Unless he's an amazing guesser, clearly Fischer has contacts. He went public with his knowledge of the trade talks, and he was proven correct. Give the man some credit.

16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Some of Fischer's stuff was right, some of it was not. Keep in mind no one is going to be 100% correct because unless you are working for a team involved in a trade you are NEVER going to get the full details of every discussion.

Bottom line, he called it. Give the man his flowers. 

• Like 1