• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

55 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Can Murray play off the ball? I havent watched him enough to say, but shooting is not his strength.

Murray is a combo guard.  Its one of the reasons that Pops was ok with moving him.  The Spurs really like Murray but Pops from what i read last year wants more of a pure point guard in the mold of Tony Parker.  Had the Spurs been better than they were the last two seasons, they most likely would have kept Murray anyway.  Moving him now just gives the Spurs the opportunity to tear it up and tank for that French center and find a pure point guard from scratch.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:
Chris Kirschner on Bogdan Bogdanovic: I heard prior to Jerami Grant moving to Portland that there was a possibility he could’ve been in a trade package for Grant with the Hawks looking for more wings to add to their roster. The Hawks like Bogdanovic and his leadership. He’s grown into one of the most vocal guys in the locker room, holding guys accountable.

Sounds very familiar....

Hmm....

3 hours ago, sturt said:

You've went all-in with the Murray acquisition.

His contract is two years.

You almost certainly have to be in "NBA Finals Or Bust" mode for the next two years.

It's hard to understand any logic in making obtaining FRPs any priority whatsoever.

Whatever else you trade, it's got to be vet talent for vet talent, and at that, you're really only looking to reallocate your resources... a stronger set of assets in the roster in exchange for addressing a weaker set of assets on the roster.

I can't say they'll follow that logic... every season it seems Schlenk ends up doing some head scratcher. Ordinarily, though, that's involved the finishing touches on the roster... not a primary piece. I'm cringing as I await the very real possibility we're going to have another head scratcher but this time for a more significant roster piece.

Almost any Collins trade will be a head scratcher. Almost without question, you'd end up with a lesser talent at PF, and potentially neutralizing the overall gain you just made by acquiring Murray. *sigh*

I do not think we are in Finals or Bust mode.  Our top two players now are 24 and 26.  Murray has two years left on his deal, but we will control his bird rights beyond that.  

A Collins trade could be due to Hawks looking at paying him $100M for a skill set that is nice, but Gallo was able to plug in and replace.  Thad Young could replace it for 1/3 of the price.  Since we will have to pay Murray, Okongwu, and Hunter down the line, you get a contributing player in a trade with Collins and a pick.  

I just don't see these next two years as our only window.  Not at all.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

I get it.  I just don't think you are going to see Trae on the bench for the last 2-3 minutes of a game due to defensive issues because the offensive impact is so great.  Now, we very well may see - and have seen when the situation merits - Trae on the bench for the last defensive possession OR Nate doing the offense / defense substitutions over the last few possessions of a game.  That's always happened and will continue to happen. But we're talking about a handful of possessions in the last minute.  Not for any long stretches "to finish the game." 

And the idea that Trae is going to be relegated to 2nd pg because Murray has a better A/TO ratio is just silly.  I'd still bet that by the end of the year, Trae will spend about 70-75% of his time at PG and 25-30% at SG which is down significantly from this past season where I believe he was at PG for over 95% of his possessions.    

I diagree.  Trae will be on the bench at the end of games...  Because we will have blown the other team out for three quarters... No need to waste him...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I do not think we are in Finals or Bust mode.  Our top two players now are 24 and 26.  Murray has two years left on his deal, but we will control his bird rights beyond that.  

A Collins trade could be due to Hawks looking at paying him $100M for a skill set that is nice, but Gallo was able to plug in and replace.  Thad Young could replace it for 1/3 of the price.  Since we will have to pay Murray, Okongwu, and Hunter down the line, you get a contributing player in a trade with Collins and a pick.  

I just don't see these next two years as our only window.  Not at all.  

They SHOULD be in Finals or Bust mode.  Thats the bar.  Why must they be in a continous rebuild mode?  A analogy is Mark Richt at Georgia.  He always won 10 games or more but couldn't win the National Championship.  Kirby Smart was brought in for one reason and one reason only: To get Georgia past Alabama and win a National Championship.  I'm not saying that if the Hawks don't win a championship in the next two years that they should bust it up. I'm saying that the mindset should be Finals or Bust.  When Lebron would stack those Miami, Cleveland and Laker teams, the mentality was Finals or Bust.  The mindset wasn't lets go through this long drawn out rebuild.  Schlenk might not be saying it out loud but I know that he and Ressler are of the same mindset.  They want a chip and waiting 3, 4 years is out of the question.

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

What does Miami have to offer for Collins that can help in the front court and a pick?

Jimmy Butler $36,016,200 $37,653,300 $45,183,960 $48,798,677 $52,413,394
Bam Adebayo $28,103,500 $30,351,780 $32,600,060 $34,848,340 $37,096,620
Kyle Lowry $26,984,128 $28,333,334 $29,682,540 $0 $0
Duncan Robinson $15,650,000 $16,902,000 $18,154,000 $19,406,000 $19,888,000
Tyler Herro $4,004,280 $5,722,116 $7,913,686 $0 $0
Max Strus $1,669,178 $1,815,677 $0 $0 $0
Gabe Vincent $1,669,178 $1,815,677 $0 $0 $0
Omer Yurtseven $1,489,065 $1,752,638 $0 $0 $0
Caleb Martin
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Heat want Gallo i bet.  Not JC.  Honestly i'd hate that too.  

They'd have to send out matching salary though.  Only Duncan Robinson is in that price range, so why would the Spurs want him? Unless I'm missing something.

36 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Celts are dumb.. lol… fine if you want Huerter it’ll cost Amart not no Pritchard.

Stevens may not want to break up a core group that just reached the NBA Finals. But Atlanta doesn't have much guard depth behind Murray and Trae Young, so perhaps Boston could package Payton Pritchard and a first-rounder for Huerter.

So they state we don't have much guard help behind Trae/DJ and then suggest we trade away our other best guard? Celts ain't the only ones that are dumb....

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

I cant see that happening. They just spanked our asses.. lol

Shields isnt helping them out...

Edited by terrell

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

My predictions today is Atlanta will trade Collins to the Kings for a 2025 protected 1st and Rishaun Holmes. 

Frees up 12.2 million dollars and gives Atlanta one of the best backup 5 in the NBA who's a decent starting 5 as well. 

This also gives Atlanta a full MLE which is critical as they can make a run at Thad Young. 

Atlanta trades Capela for Ayton

Trae/Coop/someone from Summer league as the 14th man.

Murray/Bogi/Griffin

Hunter/Kev/Martin

Okongwu/Young/JJ

Ayton/Holmes 

I would actually be very much in favor of most of this. Richaun Holmes is one of the handful of centers that are truly capable of playing a full switching scheme on defense and would be a phenomenal backup paired with a more offensive minded PF such as JJ or Griffin. He would not be able to share the floor with OO, but OO should be sharing the floor with Ayton in this scenario. 

Thad Young should really not be signed. You only do that if you think JJ and/or Griffin are not going to be in the rotation; and I feel very strongly with how willing the Hawks are to trade the top 2 PF's on the roster from last season that JJ is viewed as at the least a backup PF this year. It would make more sense to bring back Solo on a vet minimum contract to be a backfill in case of emergency there, not rob JJ's and Griffin's potential minutes at PF by bringing in Thad Young. Plus, the locker room presence of Solo. 

Again I'll have to reiterate that Big O is NOT playing the 4 next to Capela, no matter how much you try to claim it so. So if we trade JC off this roster then it should only be done under the expectation that we will be also trading for Ayton to pair with OO as a starter. 

12 player roster:

Trae/Murray/Sharife

Murray/Bogi/Heurter

Hunter/Heurter/Griffin

Okongwu/JJ/Griffin/Solo

Ayton/Holmes/JJ(small ball 5)

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1