The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, AHF said:

No doubt.  Resigning him in two years is essential to this deal making sense.  Unfortunately, that isn't in our control.  Hopefully Murray will like it here and decide to stay but it will be his decision, not TS's.

3 1st round picks for a 2 year rental not named prime Lebron would be really bad!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

Are you saying 3 team deal - Ayton to ATL, Durant to PHO, JC to BKN ???

I think you still need a 4th team with capspace to dump salary.

Phoenix can still only take back $18 mil in salary for Ayton.  KD costs $44 million so Phoenix still has to move salary. Moving Durant leaves BKN $15 mil under the cap.  Lots of moving parts for teams that are close to the Luxury Tax.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sturt said:

Curious. How many minutes per game do you want to see Trae and Murray play together on average?

In an ordinary year, sure, I could swallow that... your roster has some holes anyhow, might as well test drive the hometown kid who fell to #48 and had some good G-League games toward the very end of last season.

It's not an ordinary year. Ressler is lit. I can't be persuaded they'll give a player like that the double-digit minutes that the 3rd PG seemingly is going to be needed.

Think you are way off base here. As I said before, perhaps in another thread, between the 1, 2, and 3 spots we currently have 5 players to eat up 144 total minutes: which translates to an average of 28.8 minutes per game for each player. Those 5 players are Trae, Murray, Bogi, Huerter, and Hunter. We don't need another PG on this roster to get regular minutes unless there is an injury. 

If Trae and Murray both average about 32 minutes per game in the regular season (a conservative estimate), that would mean Murray playing the PG about 16 minutes per game when Trae rests, with one of Bogi or Huerter as his running mate. Meaning Murray plays about 16 minutes at the 2, leaving 32 minutes at the 2 to be picked up between Bogi and/or Huerter. 

With Hunter taking an estimated similar 32 minutes at the 3, that leaves another 16 minutes for someone like Heurter. 

With Trae, Murray, and Hunter on the floor as starters for 32 minutes each, that leaves 48 total backup minutes to split between Bogi and Huerter. And with their salaries you would think they could be counted on for at least 24 minutes per night, right?

Now if Sharife proves valuable enough to force his way onto the floor and eat into those minutes, I think we would all love for him to develop that much. But there is zero NEED for another PG on this roster excluding in case of an injury; but we all know Trae and Murray are both unlikely to stay healthy all year, so if Cooper can't be relied upon there are other options. 

- Increase the minutes to Bogi and Heurter while a PG is injured while also possibly giving a young player more run like Griffin, or JJ at backup 3. 

- Bring back Lou as insurance

-Find a cheap 3rd PG in free agency. One that wont expect regular minutes but can play in an injury emergency. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

correction: the BYC is 50%, plus 125% (i said 120%) plus 100K

So that makes the minimum salary to work with Clint:  $28,971,035.20 if my math is correct.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akay said:

I understand your position, but you're making more of an emotional argument instead of presenting facts.

Was JC solely responsible for this record we had? No, and comparing that best case record to what actually happened is a little disingenuous as John was healthy during that 6-16 period. 

Last season we went 7-2 without John, and this season we went 17-11 without him. 

We're obviously not intending to start the season without any Pf's so saying John and Danilo being gone is bad yes, if it's a vacuum and we have no replacements. 

The fact of the matter is, John has been in a diminished role ever since Clint came, and there's a reason he's expendable. 

If there are legitimate basketball reasons John Collins leaving is worse than whatever his replacement will bring, I would love to hear it.

But broad brush strokes aren't real reasons for me, winning will absolve any chemistry issues, and we can definitely win with John on the roster, but we've seen we can win without him.

If you bring up last year's playoffs, can't ignore Clint being out.

Agreed.  I am starting to see this more clearly.  Collins is great, but he’s nonessential for our success.  That makes his salary difficult.  

Even though you can justify he is worth the money, for our particular team we’re not set up to feature him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Phoenix can't get Durant without Devin Booker and that ain't happening. 

Ayton gonna get a offer sheet and take him out.

ESPN's Windy is talking about Cam Johnson, Bridges and 1sts.... BK wants to win now because Houston owns their soul. We have a pretty good win now package.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GameTime said:

ESPN's Windy is talking about Cam Johnson, Bridges and 1sts.... BK wants to win now because Houston owns their soul. We have a pretty good win now package.

That's what I'm saying. If I'm BKN, I want a package of JC/Huerter/OO to stay competitive the next 5 years... I'm not interested in a couple good players and picks. We have a great offer with the different young talent we have. 

• Thanks 1