• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

Just now, akay said:

Let em get Kyrie, would be funny watching him destroy another franchise and drive Luka away

It’s the other way around it’s Luka driving people away. Kyrie didn’t destroy BKN. BKN destroyed BKN.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Let me guess, Capella is getting traded?!? For whom I wonder

At this point it is either:

KD

Ben 

Ayton

Gobert

I'm the first two are really the only realistic ones right now

Edited by theheroatl

3 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

It’s the other way around it’s Luka driving people away. Kyrie didn’t destroy BKN. BKN destroyed BKN.

Who has Luka driven away? Unicorn was injured and/or ineffective and Brunson is being overpaid by about 30 million by that Knicks.

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Update: 

Atlanta is engaging in talks with Ben Simmons. The names he is hearing is Kevin or Capela and JC 

Miami and Atlanta have engaged in talks with Brooklyn on this ongoing deal. 

Brooklyn is making it very clear, they aren't trading KD without getting Booker/Bridges or Bam/Herro. 

Brooklyn is leaning to Bam since Booker could sign a deal tonight making him not eligible to be traded and they like Bam more. 

He's saying KD will likely end up in Miami. 

Would absolutely LOVE to add Simmons to this roster, even with DJM. That gives us the opportunity to have at least 2 playmakers on the floor at all times between Trae, Simmons, and DJM. It would also give us 2 elite defenders in DJM who can guard 1-3, and Simmons who can guard 1-4; and also two very good defenders who have the potential to grow into elite as well in Hunter who can guard 1-4, and Okongwu who can guard 1-5. 

Talk about surrounding Trae with some elite defense! But also, it allows us to better mix and match with some of our other backups that are more offensive oriented but defensively deficient (at least so far) such as JJ, Griffin, Huerter if he stays, and Bogi. 

Offensively it would be more of a challenge, but not at all a black hole like some here seem to think. Trae and Hunter would be your primary outside shooters, but almost everyone would be an elite cutter and the PnR would still be in full effect as long as OO shows a tad more growth in that area: something I think he is perfectly capable of doing. We could also use Simmons as the screener and he's still a load rolling or popping. 

Sign me up. 100%. 

12 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

KD to Miami is not any better with Jimmy and Kyle Lowry and a gutted roster.. LOL

I love KD but I'm less than convinced Miami would be much better with KD instead of Bam. Obviously he would transform them offensively, but Bam is the backbone of that team defensively and is virtually irreplaceable for what they do on that end. Their defensive culture would have to take a major shift. And that's not to mention what they would miss with a lot of their offense currently running thru Bam in the high post.

Obviously Durant would be an offensive improvement, but would that offset the huge scheme and structure change that would force defensively? I don't know. But if I were Miami I don't think I would make this trade of a 25 year old for only 4 years of Durant.  

9 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Simmons makes no freakin' sense anymore with Murray.

See above, it does make sense. Especially since he's the same age as DJM. Build a core that can stay together for years. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Who has Luka driven away? Unicorn was injured and/or ineffective and Brunson is being overpaid by about 30 million by that Knicks.

Both of those guys. Brunson isn’t overpaid. That was his market value. A former all star and a 20 ppg scorer. He’s only been in the league 4 years 🤣 and no one is putting Dallas on their wishlist despite their moderate success.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Kyrie didn't sit out most of the season cause of dumb vax bs?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, akay said:

Kyrie didn't sit out most of the season cause of dumb vax bs?

That sounds like any issue with New York City, not a Kyrie problem. 

Coincidentally, they dropped the rules at the beginning of baseball season.

But not for Kyrie.

This is all I’m going to say about this particular subject.

Edited by EazyRoc

• Admin

I liked the idea of Ben before we got Murry.

I don’t see how this all fits together … Ben brings the needed D but offense the ball has to be in his hands to be effective… it also has to be In Traes hands and in Dejonte’s.   I don’t think it will work … JC is a better fit now

• Like 3