The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

7 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Would absolutely LOVE to add Simmons to this roster, even with DJM. That gives us the opportunity to have at least 2 playmakers on the floor at all times between Trae, Simmons, and DJM. It would also give us 2 elite defenders in DJM who can guard 1-3, and Simmons who can guard 1-4; and also two very good defenders who have the potential to grow into elite as well in Hunter who can guard 1-4, and Okongwu who can guard 1-5. 

Talk about surrounding Trae with some elite defense! But also, it allows us to better mix and match with some of our other backups that are more offensive oriented but defensively deficient (at least so far) such as JJ, Griffin, Huerter if he stays, and Bogi. 

Offensively it would be more of a challenge, but not at all a black hole like some here seem to think. Trae and Hunter would be your primary outside shooters, but almost everyone would be an elite cutter and the PnR would still be in full effect as long as OO shows a tad more growth in that area: something I think he is perfectly capable of doing. We could also use Simmons as the screener and he's still a load rolling or popping. 

Sign me up. 100%. 

I love KD but I'm less than convinced Miami would be much better with KD instead of Bam. Obviously he would transform them offensively, but Bam is the backbone of that team defensively and is virtually irreplaceable for what they do on that end. Their defensive culture would have to take a major shift. And that's not to mention what they would miss with a lot of their offense currently running thru Bam in the high post.

Obviously Durant would be an offensive improvement, but would that offset the huge scheme and structure change that would force defensively? I don't know. But if I were Miami I don't think I would make this trade of a 25 year old for only 4 years of Durant.  

See above, it does make sense. Especially since he's the same age as DJM. Build a core that can stay together for years. 

This pretty much. This is news to me but @Sothron and @thecampster kept saying that Atlanta was the top team for Simmons and Brooklyn only took him as it was a trade asset. They never really cared for him like that. 

• Premium Member
Just now, EazyRoc said:

That sounds like any issue with New York City, not a Kyrie problem. 

Coincidentally, they dropped the rules at the beginning of baseball season.

But not for Kyrie.

This is all I’m going to say about this particular subject.

Kyrie couldve just been an adult and gotten the vaccine instead of his bs "im out with the people" crap when people were going into work and getting infected.

Dude could've gotten the vaccine and James would have stayed. Man could have been a good leader in Boston, a good leader in Cleveland, but the dude has always had issues everywhere he has gone.

No reason to think he wouldn't be a cancer in Dallas (or Atlanta) either

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

I liked the idea of Ben before we got Murry.

I don’t see how this all fits together … Ben brings the needed D but offense the ball has to be in his hands to be effective… it also has to be In Traes hands and in Dejonte’s.   I don’t think it will work … JC is a better fit now

Ben gaining 50lbs and going to play center

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

This pretty much. This is news to me but @Sothron and @thecampster kept saying that Atlanta was the top team for Simmons and Brooklyn only took him as it was a trade asset. They never really cared for him like that. 

If we can get an our GOAT level offensive superstar surrounded by high level defenders? 

Scary szn fr

Just now, akay said:

Kyrie couldve just been an adult and gotten the vaccine instead of his bs "im out with the people" crap when people were going into work and getting infected.

Dude could've gotten the vaccine and James would have stayed. Man could have been a good leader in Boston, a good leader in Cleveland, but the dude has always had issues everywhere he has gone.

No reason to think he wouldn't be a cancer in Dallas (or Atlanta) either

Pause and take a second to think about how insane you sound telling another grown man to make a personal medical choice with his most valuable asset. 

Now I don’t disagree with you about leadership. I don’t think he’s a leader, but I don’t think he’s a cancer either.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Yeah but who will he pass the ball to hit a jumper?

No jumpers needed, we'll get a steal on every possession and become the best fast break team in history 😎 

• Haha 4

ESPN and Vegas gonna cost ya'll a lot of money. 

Smart Money

KD to Miami

Simmons to Atlanta

Bam/Herro to Brooklyn

Kyrie will play for the Nets and only the Nets. 

If you are a fool, PHX will lose you money, betting on the Lakers will lose you money. 

Bet on Miami. They have a 2-3 year window. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, EazyRoc said:

Pause and take a second to think about how insane you sound telling another grown man to make a personal medical choice with his most valuable asset. 

Now I don’t disagree with you about leadership. I don’t think he’s a leader, but I don’t think he’s a cancer either.

Sure, his "personal decision" caused his whole team to collapse. Sounds like a wonderful guy to have on your team lol

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

Ben 6'11 and 240 lbs almost the same size as KAT

Ben Simmons at C 👀

Im just kidding…kinda

Just now, akay said:

Sure, his "personal decision" caused his whole team to collapse. Sounds like a wonderful guy to have on your team lol

That’s not how billion dollar organizations work. If the whole team collapsed, there’s a larger problem.

10 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

I was gonna let you slide.  Its VERY interesting that you been on this @JayBirdHawk defense party, trying to throw me under the bus using that poster, and bragging about her saying the Hawks should draft Murray before I said it ( why you so concerned?)  I went back to that thread where I suggested the Hawks draft Dejounte Murray and @JayBirdHawk spent that whole thread clowning me about the deal, especially the Kyrie part.  Not ONCE did she mention anything about Murray.  If she "got her man", she never ONCE mentioned Murray in that thread. At least say the Murray part was good for the Hawks, but nothing, na da.

Jaybird and @Spud2nique spent that entire thread clowning me.  THATS why I patted myself on the back for mentioning at LEAST the trade for Murray part because I was making a point.   Then YOU, a ADMITTED LURKER BY YOUR OWN WORDS, sits back and try and destroy my character.  I'm the guy that KNOWS that most of my posts are not popular, especially when it comes to Trae Young.  I KNOW I'm gonna be clowned but it takes a MAN to stand his ground and say what he feels when he knows its not gonna be popular. YOU on the other hand, a ADMITTED HIDING IN THE BUSH LURKER, who is NOT gonna go against the grain but instead be a follower, gonna try and come out and attempt to destroy my character.  See, a lurker is DIAMETRICALLY OPPOSED to being a man.  Thats your REAL PROBLEM WITH ME.  Now, you take this truth and go back into the bushes.

Post the link to that thread please. 

I want to make sure I didn't say anything that will be brought up in the Hawksquawk court of law.

• Haha 1