• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

We, as in the Atlanta Hawks. And have you looked at his salary? He can't play off the ball. And we already got Trae and Dejonte. If we had not gotten Dejonte I'd be all for it.

yeah i don't think he can come here anyway, but he can knock down 3's it's a mental block clearly there's sports psychologists that can help fixx that, being on a team with friends like trae could fix that. 

the reasons if he could come here you bring him in is you know he's going to lock down his man or zone, he's going to be able to run the fast break, he can facilitate and rebound. i can't stress the rebounding enough, that has always killed the hawks. i'd say losing out on the rebounds has caused more losses in this franchises history than poor passing or shooting.

5 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Oh Really???

1CQ.gif

I think it's very likely we would be looking for a backup stretch 5, but doubtful it would be as a starter, for several reasons. Primarily your expensive starting group would consist of Trae, Murray, Hunter, Simmons, and then Okongwu who the Hawks seem intent on finding a starting role for in his upcoming 3rd season. OO stretching his range to at least have a reliable 15ft jumpshot seems a very important part of most of ATL's rumored plans for their frontcourt, not just the Simmons situation. And if he can then pairing him in the frontcourt with Simmons becomes much less troublesome. 

Second, most of our backups are offensive minded but lacking in defense; this will help offset the lack of shooting from the starters somewhat. 

Also -- interesting that Trae's dad tweeted this today, lol. 

If we get Simmons I'll come back here and eat crow, but I would be very surprised. One, Brooklyn has to agree to a trade and it has to be equitable. Two, his considerable salary is an issue. Three, with Murray as the secondary ball handler, will there be enough of a role for Ben to justify a max deal? And is he healthy, both physically and mentally? 

One thing is for certain, if Nets truly want a Bam or another Rookie Star than they gotta trade Ben.

I personally think the Toronto package is good with Scottie Barnes, OG, Gary Trent.

Mikal Bridges and Ayton isn’t enough assets to flip if they decide to rebuild next year. 

Hawks offer the most flippable asset players. Toronto might offer a great package.

Miami I just don’t see them having assets at all so Nets end up taking trash. Kyle Lowry is not a good return centerpiece.

Its gonna be interesting on Ayton… Where in the world he gonna go if Nets reject that one. I doubt they wanna lock into that contract and not have flexibility to rebuild if they smell a stink post trade.

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, gurpilo said:

I can see the Hawks making a run at Durant in an all-in mode now, if It works you have a ring. I personnally don't like the move as Durant do not fit Trae and Murray timeline. If Durant is injured, chances are not low, we are out of the playoff race.

I cannot see Hawks giving Collins alone for Simmons, a player that do not fit our roster, is injured, is soft, cannot shoot and is not mentally right to compete, is a suicide.

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Shaq didn’t fit Wade’s timeline.  CP doesn’t fit Booker’s timeline, and that is working.  Magic played with Kareem.  
Just playing devil’s advocate.  Even in Trae’s rookie year he had us playing close to .500 in the second half getting Alex Len 18th most dunks in the league.  Alex Len.  If Durant gets injured, we still have Trae and DJ.  That is enough for play in level basketball.  
I can justify going for it all with KD.  We’d still have a future after a few good years with Durant.  Not likely to happen, but I can justify it.  

Trae, Murray, Kevin Durant, Jalen Johnson, OO for the next 2-5 years?

Yes, I'll take it. You have three All NBA guys and OO on this squad. That's dynasty potential.

7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Before any more Tom Foolery is discussed, please head over to this post and look at the most recent roster makeup/numbers.

Spell it out.  Are you saying it's not possible to trade for KD or Simmons because of our cap?  Or just that it gets really difficult.  

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Bigjmw said:

If we get Simmons using JC/BB would you consider Vucecic and protected 1st for Capella. He is a good rebounder and can stretch the floor. 

My first instinct was "heck no" but with Murray and Simmons you can't have a third poor jump shooter on the floor.  I think we'd have to look at something like this for floor spacing.  Which would be a bit sad.  I don't think you have the same concern if you move Capela for Ayton since he has some range but Simmons + Capela doesn't work for me even before factoring in Murray's need to be in the paint.  Here is DM's shot chart:

image.png

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Simmons talk...

Say the trade is JC + Bogi + JJ  for Simmons + Curry. 

First thing... it helps them go after Bam+ Herro + Picks for KD.   I'm not worried about what BKLN gets.

I think the trade is good for both sides.  Mainly because Simmons is such a unknown...  Mental state..  BUT...  and here's the bigger question...

Why Not Give Trae what he Wants?

He wanted Murray.  He wanted to keep Clint.   He wants Simmons. 

Think about the team we have.....

Trae, Murray, Hunter, Simmons and Clint... - Starters...  That's Trae's team.  So much defense around Trae that it's hard for the offense to focus. 

So many possible people to pass to who can put the ball on the floor and score... it makes it ridiculously unfair.  You now Trae can shoot.  And if we want more shooters...  Seth, Kev, and AJ off the bench.  Mental and Physical state of Simmons is a concern.  But you have everything right here.  Ball handlers galore.   The other day, I asked, what PF is like Draymond.   Well, if we put Simmons at the 4, we have that. 

The reserves are also built well:   Riffe, Curry, AJ, Kev, Martin and OO.  Get a third Center with size and resign Mays and we can call it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Why would we want Simmons at this salary when we could make a run at Gobert, who actually plays center and is a generational defender.  I was happy to gamble on Simmons and his issues before we brought in Murray but as others have said, it makes no sense now.

This is a great point. The only way Simmons is more valuable if you sacrifice way less assets, as we know Ainge only wants GODFATHER offers.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1