• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

They got a first round pick.

Yeah but you'd think we could get one serviceable player in the deal.   It's crazy to me how much value is placed on mid-late first rounders in this league.   I understand having guys on rookie deals is good but still.   Kevin's probably bummed he signed a bargain deal.  

• Premium Member

I don't get it.  I don't see how this facilitates anything else happening.  It smells like a ducking the tax move and recouping a first round pick, but nothing more.  I hope I'm wrong, but...

Meanwhile, the Pacers are singlehandedly trying to help the Celtics ugh!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Initial reaction was not positive. But from a macro view it’s probably fair value. The pick is probably going to convey in the 12-16 range in 2025. So we get a pick back. 

Holiday and harkless are both downgrades, but they help round out the bench and it frees us up of a lot of long term salary. Makes sense on the business side. 

but agreed with you all - this may be a sign of a follow up move. Bogi + hark + cap + sac pick for gobert? 

if there isn’t another follow up move. I’m still ok with it. Good to have more vets in the locker room.  And frees up space in future years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Why do I even bother posting Cap information.  The Ayton trade would increase our Cap by $11 million.  We are currently $6 million from the Apron and need 2 more players (min 2 mil each).  Basically we'd have to clear $10 million in salary now to get Ayton. Its not happening without dumping Bogi or JC as well.

lol my bad camp I didn’t read your last previous post.

but sounds to me Ayton is very well possible since we been trying to trade Collins since January. 

2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I don't get it.  I don't see how this facilitates anything else happening.  It smells like a ducking the tax move and recouping a first round pick, but nothing more.  I hope I'm wrong, but...

Meanwhile, the Pacers are singlehandedly trying to help the Celtics ugh!

Maybe the next trade is a 3 team trade that involves JC being shipped out to make room for another player.

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

COME ON INDIANA! THROW AYTON A OFFER SHEET

I want chaos! lol

Indiana gets their next Roy Hibbert to build off and Phoenix is screwed.

Just now, Jody23 said:

Even after all the chatter...I'm not so sure JC gets moved now.

KD = JC, Hunter, OO + 3 FRP's and 1 Swap

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This was done to make another move possible. All I can say.

Putting my detective hat on... 

Kev is on a good deal. He does what you need him to do. He fills in adequately when called on. He's a great team player and personality. Fans love him...

Other than the wing glut, there's no reason to move him. Even in that, I'd move Bogi first.  Another deal coming makes sense...and it has to be for a legit upgrade. Anything else is basically what we just dealt away in Red Velvet.

Sick to my stomach just saying his nickname...

😢

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Wretch said:

Another deal coming makes sense...and it has to be for a legit upgrade.

Upgrade at what?  I don't see anyway this can happen because as we've seen we're not going to get good value for Bogi, JC. 

RIP Real Hawks and Run It Back guys..

Just now, Final_quest said:

Huerter is clearly a set up move to get KD, Simmons, or Ayton.  Much less about Huerter.  This move is adjusting salaries and getting another pick for a deal.  

100% or we stay pat from here. I'm good with either one but Ayton is a question mark IMO still especially if it means KD ends in the east and we are just helping facilitate that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah but you'd think we could get one serviceable player in the deal.   It's crazy to me how much value is placed on mid-late first rounders in this league.   I understand having guys on rookie deals is good but still.   Kevin's probably bummed he signed a bargain deal.  

"You got a first for Kevin Huerter.  Keeeevinnnn Huuuuuerter and you were suppose to get more?"

Stephen A Smith GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

100% or we stay pat from here. I'm good with either one but Ayton is a question mark IMO still especially if it means KD ends in the east and we are just helping facilitate that.

Another possibility is being a third team in the KD trade.  Phoenix gets KD, and we get Ayton.  Brooklyn gets Collins, Bridges and picks.  

2 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Another possibility is being a third team in the KD trade.  Phoenix gets KD, and we get Ayton.  Brooklyn gets Collins, Bridges and picks.  

I'd rather have KD at 4 years than Ayton by far.

As much as the media really wants it, I'm not helping the Suns get KD and I'm not on-board with subbing Capela for Ayton.

Hawks have a more appealing package for Brooklyn than Phoenix who HAVE to send Ayton but have no control on that front. Nets aren't maxing Ayton.

You still have Capela on the roster if you're not sending him to Brooklyn.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1