• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

GS front line brought toughness. That's a big factor.

Our front line would be:   Hunter, Simmons, and Clint.

Say what you want about Simmons.. let's throw the mental health aside for the moment (that may have been a work - A work so serious that when he started it, he had to stay the course).  Those Defensive first teams that Simmons made it on are not just given to you because you play in a tough city.. or because your name sounds tough.   It's earned by a player that makes it hard for the offense to score. 

Simmons/Clint could be a really hellacious defensive duo... mix with that Murray and Hunter and we have ourselves a strong defensive team.  Hunter has to pull his weight but I think with the moves he sees around him, he'll step up. 

Just now, Kobie Drew said:

I know not everyone is for it. And just to be clear I am not saying that I want this to happen. But if JC ends up in Brooklyn for Ben Simmons, I want y’all to stand back and look at our lineups. Bc that is a very crazy good defensive team. And if defensive was our biggest problem last year…🤷🏽‍♂️

I'm ok with a Simmons move because it means we are trying. I am not excited or pushing for it. But I will understand it and respect the effort.

• Like 3

• Moderators
Just now, Kobie Drew said:

I know not everyone is for it. And just to be clear I am not saying that I want this to happen. But if JC ends up in Brooklyn for Ben Simmons, I want y’all to stand back and look at our lineups. Bc that is a very crazy good defensive team. And if defensive was our biggest problem last year…🤷🏽‍♂️

I know i'm in the minority but defense was one of our biggest problems but honestly if you look at our fourth quarter offense that was a huge problem.   A lineup with 3 guys who aren't 3 point threats isn't going to be successful imo no matter how good the d is.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kobie Drew said:

yeah, but then offense become a problem. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Our front line would be:   Hunter, Simmons, and Clint.

Say what you want about Simmons.. let's throw the mental health aside for the moment (that may have been a work - A work so serious that when he started it, he had to stay the course).  Those Defensive first teams that Simmons made it on are not just given to you because you play in a tough city.. or because your name sounds tough.   It's earned by a player that makes it hard for the offense to score. 

Simmons/Clint could be a really hellacious defensive duo... mix with that Murray and Hunter and we have ourselves a strong defensive team.  Hunter has to pull his weight but I think with the moves he sees around him, he'll step up. 

Maybe i'm just ignorant but i'm not buying Simmons as a PF.  So far not a single coach has.  

Just now, marco102 said:

Windhurst was implying that on first take. I wonder if they are going to send Mitchell somewhere.

Maybe they’re clearing out for a retool around Mitchell ?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

From here, what moves would you or wouldn't you make with our roster?  I'm asking because I know w/e happens you will retrospectively be in favor of the opposite and condemn the FO. 

I would love to hear your ideal vision for the our roster based on where we are today.

Keep John obviously and see what we have until the trade deadline.  Don't want Durant because of his age and the fact we would have to gut the team to acquire him. That could end in disaster in 2025 and beyond. Definitely don't want Ben Simmons. Ayton is interesting at the right price.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2