• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

Just now, marco102 said:

Lol...that will come from the President of Basketball Operations...Travis Schlenk.

I get the distinct feeling from reading these comments that Landry Fields is making zero decisions.  Is he the GM or just there for show?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Is he the GM or just there for show?

For now, I'm content for him to be more of the latter... I'm nervous enough with Travis outside of his strength as a draft guy... not the time for a newby to be calling any shots, not by a long one.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I get the distinct feeling from reading these comments that Landry Fields is making zero decisions.  Is he the GM or just there for show?

The comments on this board don't reflect anything about who is making the calls.  With the exception of anyone getting inside info, all of us are speculating.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For those that are against Huerter trade, having Bogi and Huerter was a problem.

You need to play them both significant minutes, basically they will be on the court at the same time, good shooting and bad defense and lack of strength and that is a problem. They were redundant and one needed to go so that you don’t need to play both. Holiday basically provides good shooting and better defense and can also play SF.

with one of them gone we can play more balanced combinations

Trae/Murray/ Hunter

A. Holiday/Bogi/J. Holiday

Murray/Bogi/J. Holiday

Young/J. Holiday/Hunter

Young/Bogi/Hunter

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Marks is wrong....You have to count Griffin's cap hold.  12 under contract but the rookie contract counts even before signed.  1st round selections are holds until the player signs, is traded, or released.

And Atlanta has to add one of Coop or Martin to the squad and the other to 2 way since Brown already has the other 2 way spot. Right now, that's looking like Martin as he keeps us out of the LT due to being a rookie minimum and Coop already has an offer for another two way deal like Mays had last year. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, AHF said:

They control Towns through 2028, Gobert through 2026 and Antman basically through 2028.  This isn't quite as crazy risky as it looks on paper to me.  They have a long time to work through this without a lot of risk of losing any piece of their core.

Well, as we've seen throughout the NBA, no team REALLY controls any max level player throughout their contract.  Brooklyn "controls" KD right now as well.  NO controlled AD for another couples years.  Philly controlled Simmons for 4 more years, etc.  I think Minny made the right move because it's tough being a small market team, but they have Ant for cheap for another couple years and they are making the most of that.  Ballsy trade imo but I respect it even if I do think it's very risky.

26 minutes ago, AHF said:

I do think this is a long-play trade.  The real value are the 2027 and 2029 assets.  Unlike Atlanta (where Murray is an UFA in 2 years), they control Gobert, Antman and Towns through at least 2026.

Minnesota will never get any free agents to come there...just about like atl

3 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

For those that are against Huerter trade, having Bogi and Huerter was a problem.

You need to play them both significant minutes, basically they will be on the court at the same time, good shooting and bad defense and lack of strength and that is a problem. They were redundant and one needed to go so that you don’t need to play both. Holiday basically provides good shooting and better defense and can also play SF.

with one of them gone we can play more balanced combinations

Trae/Murray/ Hunter

A. Holiday/Bogi/J. Holiday

Murray/Bogi/J. Holiday

Young/J. Holiday/Hunter

Young/Bogi/Hunter

I like Kevin the person. 

I don't know how many moves are left to be made but if we roll out this roster, Bogi is absolutely the better player today than Kevin. When he is on, he is an absolute beast compared to Kev.

K'Von made cameo appearances every now and then, but otherwise was a no call no show for us in big moments. Bogi honestly may have the biggest pair on the team outside of Trae. He is ot afraid of the moment. His only issue is health. 

We shall see where things go from here.

• Like 4