• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Yeah, that was over the top aggressive toward Ressler and seemed really out of place to me.  Don't think selling 44 is all that big of a deal honestly. And certainly not as big of a deal as he made it out to be. 

Some who rated Hollins high are mad at this like the Graham trade years back but there is a great chance they wasnt taking Hollins

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

So the price could have been:   JC + 2 Future Firsts (unprotected) for Murray.

Do you like the deal?

Yes. That works.

we would have an all star backcourt going forward. It’s a great deal and we can add on to it going forward.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yes. That works.

we would have an all star backcourt going forward. It’s a great deal and we can add on to it going forward.

You don't give out unprotected picks unless you are getting a superstar.  Murray is good, but he's no super star. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, marco102 said:

What if I told you they were wasting their time. 

I know dam well they are not getting KD.

Supes is the only one that said that Capela will stay and his info changes from day to day based on what rumors are being spread. Soth said to the best of his knowledge Capela is still gone.

If we get KD I will change my avatar for a month to whatever you like. If we don't, you do the same?

I'm glad to see the pessimism is still in place.  We look forward. 

16 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Yeah, that was over the top aggressive toward Ressler and seemed really out of place to me.  Don't think selling 44 is all that big of a deal honestly. And certainly not as big of a deal as he made it out to be. 

Another day of Kirschner triggering sensitive Hawksquawk members. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You don't give out unprotected picks unless you are getting a superstar.  Murray is good, but he's no super star. 

This is the poor thinking that holds us back.   Murray is a proven commodity.   Those two draft picks.. (if we have Murray) is probably going to fall early to late twenties are not proven.  In fact, would probably be good role players at best.   You would rather hold on to that instead of getting Trae exactly what he needs to be successful?

Doc GIF | Gfycat

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I'm glad to see the pessimism is still in place.  We look forward. 

Not pessimism.  I noticed you avoided the avatar bet because you know it's highly unlikely too.  Just think it is a waste of energy to even  debate something that unlikely.  Murray, Ayton sure...let's discuss. KD not happening and no reason wasting pages of discussion on it. 

They have the best chance of offering a package for KD.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

One man's "sensitive" is another man's "observant."

We talk here... it's okay to make observations... and even to call out someone for some over-the-top behavior. No?

Just now, Diesel said:

This is the poor thinking that holds us back.   Murray is a proven commodity.   Those two draft picks.. (if we have Murray) is probably going to fall early to late twenties are not proven.  In fact, would probably be good role players at best.   You would rather hold on to that instead of getting Trae exactly what he needs to be successful?

Doc GIF | Gfycat

That's the key word and why you add top 5 protections which is still very good, but doesn't destroy your franchise in case something unexpected happens.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Murray is a proven commodity.

Nah. You don't get that label by having only achieved one-year-wonder status. I don't want to take anything away from the idea that he's a hot commodity for reason... but that is altogether something different from a proven commodity.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not a Kirschner basher, but when media members lament a business for getting extra cash for a trade, it's crazy to me.  The chances of that pick turning into anything is less than 5%. 

Ressler may be about to pay tax and that $2 million can be the difference of keeping an actual NBA player or having an open roster spot. 

It is so stupid to be upset about trading a 40+ second round pick when we barely have any playing time available.

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Nah. You don't get that label by having only achieved one-year-wonder status. I don't want to take anything away from the idea that he's a hot commodity for reason... but that is altogether something different from a proven commodity.

He is a proven commodity.  Proven defender and playmaker which is what the Hawks need.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Not pessimism.  I noticed you avoided the avatar bet because you know it's highly unlikely too.  Just think it is a waste of energy to even  debate something that unlikely.  Murray, Ayton sure...let's discuss. KD not happening and no reason wasting pages of discussion on it. 

It's all in who you ask...

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yes. That works.

23 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Agreed. Like I previously said, I've been wanting Murray on this team for the past 2 years, but you don't hand out unprotected picks like candy on Halloween for a player that isn't in the Tier 1 of superstars, on a 2 year contract while also sending them a player asset. It's too much.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He is a proven commodity.  Proven defender and playmaker which is what the Hawks need.

We have different definitions of "proven," clearly.

This time last year, he was generally understood to be a leg iron on the SAS roster. You don't ascend to "proven commodity" status in one year. He could very easily regress to something more like his performances of his previous years. I don't think that will happen, but it's also not like it never happens.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

That's the key word and why you add top 5 protections which is still very good, but doesn't destroy your franchise in case something unexpected happens.

The franchise is not destroyed??  Are you kidding?

Ok... Let's say we do that damn deal.  JC + 2024 and 2026 pick (unprotected)... and let say next year we get an injury bug...  Is the Franchise destroyed?  NO.

First.. in 2024, we still have Charlotte's 1st rounder for picks.

2nd... we have all of our guys signed for 2025... and on.

That's not franchise destroying...  

But lets say we Stand pat.

We get the 2024 pick..  It's probably somebody that will need to be developed over a few years.   It will take them at least 4 years to get to the level of Murray.   So in those 4 years, how often do you think Trae will ask for a trade?

You got to change your mindset Marco..

We are not a team that develops talent anymore.   We have a superstar and we're trying to get into the championship picture.   Championship teams don't waste time developing while their superstars are young.  They acquire talent. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Can you post the KD podcast?

Just now, sturt said:

We have different definitions of "proven," clearly.

This time last year, he was generally understood to be a leg iron on the SAS roster. You don't ascend to "proven commodity" status in one year. He could very easily regress to something more like his performances of his previous years. I don't think that will happen, but it's also not like it never happens.

Ok, prove to me he's not a good defender or playmaker. 

If you can't, those aspects are proven and no debate should commence henceforth.