• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

Just now, marco102 said:

Yeah, I'd like to see how the Knicks are going to get Murray offering Jalen Brunson the max.

They aren’t going to be shy about giving away 3 first rd picks that’s how. Probably have already found a desperate team to trade randle to in hope that he returns to his all star form last year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

Gotta he honest here and say I don’t believe we will get this done with Murray. May be the spurs trying to drive up the price but I believe other teams are really in the market for Murray now including the heat and knicks. It’s a lot of cooks in the kitchen there Like every other trade that’s been in the works this year it’s probably going to fall through and leave us empty with nothing.

This is where I am as well.  Just feels like a big ole nothing burger is being served up. We'll see tomorrow with Gallo I guess.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Knicks are going after Murray and they aren’t going to be shy about giving away 3 first rd picks unprotected unlike Atlanta.

just saying I think we lost out on this one! Brunson and Murray is a nice backcourt. If they can get rid of Randle for a desperate team the knicks may be on the come up! 

You might be right, but I think that Travis should be on the hot seat for this blunder or maybe that the Knicks wants to do the "Browns" and hope that they can go to the playoffs.  But I really hate it for Trae since we cannot find anybody that can be that second option.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Then they're overrating Brunson.  Ah well, have at it Knikies.

On the other side, talk about the DAL angle.  All I kept hearing is how guys were gonna flock to DAL but, as has been the case for 20 years of Cuban, they ALWAYS lose everybody other than their golden boy.  And, despite having an "owner everybody wanna play for", high level FAgents do not go there.

This is a devastating blow for the Maves.  Losing a guy they developed as soon as he was able to go.  And they had the advantage to keep him via the 5th year.  It can't be understated how big a loss this would be for them.

The difficulty for the Mavs is that Brunson is an UFA not RFA since he was a 2nd round pick and the last year of his deal was non-guaranteed.

Found this interesting:

Brunson, an unrestricted free agent because the fourth season of his rookie deal was non-guaranteed instead of a team option, declined the Mavs’ offer of a four-year, $55.5 million contract extension after the trade deadline, when Dallas forward Dorian Finney-Smith signed an identical deal. By that point, Brunson was confident that he would make significantly more as a free agent.
Brunson had informed the Mavs in January that he was willing to sign the extension if it was offered then, his father Rick Brunson told ESPN during the playoffs. Dallas made the calculated decision to hold off on discussions until after the trade deadline, in case the Mavs had the opportunity to trade for a star, as an extension would have prevented Brunson from being eligible to be traded before the deadline.
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, I'd like to see how the Knicks are going to get Murray offering Jalen Brunson the max.

So Burks and Noel are worth two 2nds but Kemba is worth the 13th overall pick. Neither the Knicks and Pistons are doing backdoor deals or I am one stupid mfer. 

• Thanks 3

I don’t have any sources but I tend to have good gut feelings when things sit too long for this hawks franchise.

I think we are one foot out on Murray folks. I really do! If no trade by tomorrow and they are extending or pushing back gallos contract deadline tomorrow I believe it’s time to put focus somewhere else.

I hope Trae never leaves this franchise but we just don’t do enough to make shit happen. We worried about some weak ass draft picks like we have all the luck in the world on our picks. Most of them don’t pan out to shit throughout our history.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, JTB said:

I don’t have any sources but I tend to have good gut feelings when things sit too long for this hawks franchise.

I think we are one foot out on Murray folks. I really do! If no trade by tomorrow and they are extending or pushing back gallos contract deadline tomorrow I believe it’s time to put focus somewhere else.

I hope Trae never leaves this franchise but we just don’t do enough to make shit happen. We worried about some weak ass draft picks like we have all the luck in the world on our picks. Most of them don’t pan out to shit throughout our history.

He's not SGA, he's not worth 3 1sts.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

So Burks and Noel are worth two 2nds but Kemba is worth the 13th overall pick. Neither the Knicks and Pistons are doing backdoor deals or I am one stupid mfer

No, kg.  Don't do it....

🤭

But yeah, there's something fishy going on.

• Haha 2

I just realized that if Spurs are waiting on the Knicks offer they gotta wait until Friday because they aren’t going take back salary via TPE to not fit Brunson and I’m not sure they have other matchings  unless some combination less than Fournier.

Also Noel and Burks were their expiring trade chips!!!

Even then Spurs might risk *active* market drying and Knicks lowering offer if Atlanta bows out.

🤔

You played yourself then Wright.

Schlenk 3D Chess at work

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

So Burks and Noel are worth two 2nds but Kemba is worth the 13th overall pick. Neither the Knicks and Pistons are doing backdoor deals or I am one stupid mfer. 

Yep, something smells. $8 mil for a 1st now $19 mil for 2 2nds? :er:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2