• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

10 minutes ago, JTB said:

I hope Trae never leaves this franchise but we just don’t do enough to make shit happen. We worried about some weak ass draft picks like we have all the luck in the world on our picks. Most of them don’t pan out to shit throughout our history.

Thats basically what I've been saying.  Schlenk already built the team through the draft.  The plan the entire time was to stack the roster (which he did) and try and build a contender.  If things were not satisfactory the depth was built in to land a superstar to pair with Trae.  Travis did so well that at this point, they can't even get Jalen Johnson in the rotation.  How the heck they gonna get Griffin and future picks into the rotation without trading the proven talent they already have?  Nah, the move is to move now which Schlenk is very aware of.  The bonus is the Spurs wanting JUST the draft picks with Gallinari thrown in.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Malcolm Brogdon Agrees To A $45 Million Contract Extension With The Indiana  Pacers

Let’s just swap Bogi for Brogdon…hopefully both Atlanta and Indy FO would be down for that.

6 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

You might be right, but I think that Travis should be on the hot seat for this blunder or maybe that the Knicks wants to do the "Browns" and hope that they can go to the playoffs.  But I really hate it for Trae since we cannot find anybody that can be that second option.

Same ….we get a high tier star player first time since Nique and can’t do shit around him or get another star next to him. Really sucks but he will unfortunately remember this when he’s a unrestricted free agent down the line.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He's not SGA, he's not worth 3 1sts.

You know what ….your right he’s not but like I told you the other day the hawks don’t have the reputation to pull in top talent or even the talent level of Murray. Sometimes you have to risk it when you have a rising superstar in place like Trae. That is my belief. Murray in my opinion is a great risk ….f**k them picks. We draft role players at best 97% of the time anyways. Rarely do we draft all stars. We got lucky with horford, perhaps John Collins…Trae was no surprise in my opinion ….but you look at the overall draft history for the hawks and it’s not impressive. We don’t draft players that turn into all stars often enough or even borderline all stars!

did I say f*ck them picks?….don’t remember…but f*ck them picks!

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Detroit now doesn't have enough space to offer Ayton the max. 

I think Brogdon and Ayton is our last chance to make impactful moves for the off season more so Ayton but we have to give the max. 

• Like 2

I’m calling it now.. these Knick moves are going to force SAS to take the Hawks deal. Just doing the cap math if Brunson is 1000% going to sign which is like guaranteed now with Mavs not matching and no other suitors then the cap math gets fuzzy as hell for Knicks unless they get more teams involved.. Pistons? Lol

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You tryna get traded too?

Don't send me to RealGM.. I have a no trade Clause...I'd rather be traded to Access Atlanta with a AOL account and a modem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I going to agree with @Hawkmoor here

I understand that internal growth is one part of having a championship team but when you have a chance to bring a player like Murray to the fold, you have to take chances like how G.S. took a chance on Wiggins and they got a championship because of his defensive work.

I hope that we do get Murray but I got a feeling that the Knicks or another team will get him and we will be in the play-in game or in the lottery.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

I hope that we do get Murray but I got a feeling that the Knicks or another team will get him and we will be in the play-in game or in the lottery.

It.

Just.

Won't.

Die.

2022-04-10_23-36-56.png

Just now, NekiEcko said:

I understand that internal growth is one part of having a championship team but when you have a chance to bring a player like Murray to the fold, you have to take chances like how G.S. took a chance on Wiggins and they got a championship because of his defensive work.

GS won by not taking bad chances like trading Klay Thompson for Kevin Love. When they took a chance like on Iggy, a top 40 player at the time it costed them two 1st rounders. You never do get robbed deals 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Good correlation.  The dynamics of the Golden State trade are different because the Spurs want picks and not players, but the concept is the same.  Golden State already had a core, Wiggins was the missing piece.  The Hawks have a core, Murray looks like the missing piece.  This in addition to having Johnson and now Griffin to develop.  The move is now while they can do it.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

2012-2022 real hawks are nba champs in sturts eyes

You can be critical, as long as you're substantive and you're fair... that comment is neither.

Explanation for Real Hawks.png

Spurs taking back Fournier or Randle without a guarantee they can reflip? I don’t see it.. it’s a new big wrench in a plan to stack Murray with Brunson. They can take Murray into space only if Brunson doesn’t sign.

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Spurs taking back Fournier or Randle without a guarantee they can reflip? I don’t see it.. it’s a new big wrench in a plan to stack Murray with Brunson. They can take Murray into space only if Brunson doesn’t sign.

Been away for most of the evening... did they move back the Gallo deadline beyond tomorrow? We pretty much have to know that much ahead of Brunson signing, right?