• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Been away for most of the evening... did they move back the Gallo deadline beyond tomorrow? We pretty much have to know that much ahead of Brunson signing, right?

That is a big unknown. High chance they got Gallo to sign off but Spurs got cold feet and wanted another pick (4 total) with the salary matching. That’s why JC came back in the picture because Atlanta put in good faith to find a 4th pick in the league from JC.

JaMychal Green for a high FRP is looking like a huge overpay right now.

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

That is a big unknown. High chance they got Gallo to sign off but Spurs got cold feet and wanted another pick (4 total) with the salary matching. That’s why JC came back in the picture because Atlanta put in good faith to find a 4th pick in the league from JC.

JaMychal Green for a high FRP is looking like a huge overpay right now.

Sounds like exactly what happened.  This whole scenario is soo much like the Falcons getting used by Watson's agent to drive up the price for Deshaun Watson that it isn't funny.  Then Gallinari (Ryan) agrees to move his contract back a few days.  Then Murray (Watson) after the price is driven up, signs with the Minnesota Browns.   The Collins part makes sense also because I've said all along that they can move him to recoup one of them first round picks.  Getting that pick apparently may be a problem.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Spurs taking back Fournier or Randle without a guarantee they can reflip? I don’t see it.. it’s a new big wrench in a plan to stack Murray with Brunson. They can take Murray into space only if Brunson doesn’t sign.

I would not be shocked if the Knicks found a team to take on Randle and some fillers contracts to make room for Murray. 

im not saying it’s a sure thing but I don’t think it’s a long shot no matter how overrated anyone here thinks Randle is. There’s always a team willing to take a chance to find out on their own! That’s just facts.

Hell who knows …maybe the kings are interested in trying to get Randle since the JC talks died. I don’t know their cap situation just saying since randle and JC contracts are that far off maybe there’s something there for the kings.

3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Sounds like exactly what happened.  This whole scenario is soo much like the Falcons getting used by Watson's agent to drive up the price for Deshaun Watson that it isn't funny.  Then Gallinari (Ryan) agrees to move his contract back a few days.  Then Murray (Watson) after the price is driven up, signs with the Minnesota Browns.   The Collins part makes sense also because I've said all along that they can move him to recoup one of them first round picks.  Getting that pick apparently may be a problem.

It’s a whole damn cluster f*ck probably.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It could be King's fan fiction... or we could get some FRPs and Barnes for JC.. and Flip those picks and our pick next year with Gallo for Murray.

JC to SacTown for Barnes and 2 FRPs..

Gallo + 3FRPs for Murray.

I don’t think there is a market for Randle or Fournier. Those are long shots since they are undesirable 3 and 4 year contracts and the Knicks need salary matching too

My educated guess is Leon is going all in on Brunson and not actually considering Murray until maybe later.

My gut feeling is the Spurs overplayed their hand and their going to get that confirmation when Leon gets a little cold with them.

If Knicks want a bigger fish they are going to need all their picks.

Edited by theheroatl

5 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

You act like its a bad thing the Falcons didnt end up with Watson.. lol

This could end up being a blessing in disguise too.. You never know..

I like Murray too, but I think some folks will be dissappointed if they think he ALONE is gonna move the needle that much for us..

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Cleveland 

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It could be King's fan fiction... or we could get some FRPs and Barnes for JC.. and Flip those picks and our pick next year with Gallo for Murray.

JC to SacTown for Barnes and 2 FRPs..

Gallo + 3FRPs for Murray.

Well at least you get a PF back so you dont have to start OO there.. lol. Or maybe thats NOrthcyde that hates that idea...

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Knicks get their man!

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

I don’t think there is a market for Randle or Founier. My educated guess is Leon is going all in on Brunson and not actually considering Murray until maybe later.

My gut feeling is the Spurs overplayed their hand.

Looks Like Mavs may actually offer Brunson a contract around the same price to stay possibly.

image.thumb.png.1ca3c27d79dd5cda796a07482a9679b7.png

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

I going to agree with @Hawkmoor here

I understand that internal growth is one part of having a championship team but when you have a chance to bring a player like Murray to the fold, you have to take chances like how G.S. took a chance on Wiggins and they got a championship because of his defensive work.

I hope that we do get Murray but I got a feeling that the Knicks or another team will get him and we will be in the play-in game or in the lottery.

I think I’m lost on connecting the Hawks’ situation to GS’s Wiggins deal.  In that deal, GS was the one getting the prize pick and they almost didn’t make the deal because they were insisting on multiple unprotected picks from Minnesota.  The T-Wolves refused to give any unprotected picks and eventually GS backed down and agreed to the trade with only a top 3 protected first round pick.  Again, GS got the pick in that deal - they didn’t give up their own picks to get a young veteran.  And Minnesota didn’t cave and give multiple unprotected first round picks - they held their ground and got the deal done giving up only a single protected pick.

An analogous deal would be us giving up a protected pick and JC for Murray.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Looks Like Mavs may actually offer Brunson a contract around the same price to stay possibly.

image.thumb.png.1ca3c27d79dd5cda796a07482a9679b7.png

Vastly different contracts.. $27m per year for 4 years vs $21m per year for 5 years.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

You act like its a bad thing the Falcons didnt end up with Watson.. lol

This could end up being a blessing in disguise too.. You never know..

I like Murray too, but I think some folks will be dissappointed if they think he ALONE is gonna move the needle that much for us..

Murray wouldn’t be alone he’d be with Trae. 

The presence of certain players take others to a whole new level. You have to put it in place first to see where it goes. Can’t just assume it won’t take off because of the players old environment of where they came from. It’s about fit or fitting close enough. I think Murray is close to a perfect fit in the backcourt with Trae due to multiple reasons but Traes best fit would be a very talented offensive center like Ayton who’s no scrub on the defensive side.

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

Vastly different contracts.. $27m per year for 4 years vs $18m per year for 5 years.

I can see the mavs taking it to 100 mil over 5 years. Still less per year but you get the extra year and for Brunson that may be a safety net deal to have the extra year IF they offer 100 mil over 5 years.