• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'd do OO and 2 real picks, CHA's pick.  4 picks is a joke and SAS knows it.

Come at me, @Spud2nique

Time to let SAS know we got other options..... 'cause we know they really don't. 

The way i look at it if we were really considering trading all that for a player. We might as well go all the way and offer Collins, Onyeka, and 3 or 4 1st round picks as a true grandfather offer and go after a better player.   You offer all that and you can probably get  Brown from Boston, Leonard from the Clippers, Butler from the heat, maybe even Durant.    Murray isn't worth what those guys are at this point in time he hasn't done enough yet.   He might get there one day but you can't overpay for what hasn't been done yet imo.

Or you could swap Onyeka with Capela in that trade while offering all that and pretty much guarantee you get KAT for C to pair with Onyeka at PF.  You could still probably get Brogdon as well for SG to pair with that team. 

Trae, Brog, Hunter, Onyeka, Kat   would be a pretty good team imo.

Edited by Threezus

1. Stop listening to idiots from Spurstalk who don't know shit. 

2. It's clear the Murray deal isn't going to happen unless it's a massive overpay which he's not worth in the first place.

He doesn't move the needle and turn us into a contender for him to be worth 3 1st much less some loser poster fantasy of a rape deal. 

• Like 1

Murray is not worth us gutting our team and giving away our draft picks for several years.

I think some of you just want change for change sake and dont realize hiw bad we may be losing JC, or OO and having no real draft for several years.

28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

1. Stop listening to idiots from Spurstalk who don't know shit. 

2. It's clear the Murray deal isn't going to happen unless it's a massive overpay which he's not worth in the first place.

He doesn't move the needle and turn us into a contender for him to be worth 3 1st much less some loser poster fantasy of a rape deal. 

Supers, I get what you are saying, and we should not massive overpay anybody that can make use elite, but you have to take a chance anyway even it is for lesser talent (unless Ben Simmons walks through that door and he is not).

@swanlee, That is true but here is the thing, you have to take chances to improve this team and make the team better, we don't want another Heat disaster plus we have already seen the end result of this in Portland and it took them a long time to realize this but after their loyal PG was starting to look at other teams.

Edited by NekiEcko

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Threezus said:

Heck even i wouldn't make that trade. I want Murray pretty dang badly but no way no how would i give King Kongwu + 4 1st round picks thats just ignorant.  I might do Onyeka + 2 picks and even thats pushing it for me but is the most i would be ok with in any trade involving him.

According to something said yesterday, they consider OO as a FRP so it would be OO and 3 FRPs.  However, salaries don't match.  So Gallo + OO + 3 FRPs for Murray.

Pivot.

46 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Supers, I get what you are saying, and we should not massive overpay anybody that can make use elite, but you have to take a chance anyway even it is for lesser talent (unless Ben Simmons walks through that door and he is not).

@swanlee, That is true but here is the thing, you have to take chances to improve this team and make the team better, we don't want another Heat disaster plus we have already seen the end result of this in Portland and it took them a long time to realize this but after their loyal PG was starting to look at other teams.

Atlanta loaded with talent. You can't be a max player playing so horribly on one end of the court. He's gotta be better too

49 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

It's the price tag, you don't throw away your future unless he makes you a contender. We aren't at that stage yet and Murray is not that guy. 3 1sts is crazy.

52 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Murray is not worth us gutting our team and giving away our draft picks for several years.

I think some of you just want change for change sake.

This. We got a lot of low Basketball IQ fans who just want a change for the sake of a change. 

• Premium Member

If we did do  OO + 3FRPs + Gallo for Murray or let's say Schlenk could get it down to 2FRPs...

The trade would look like this:

Gallo, OO, 2023 FRP (Hawks top 3 protected), 2025 FRP (Hawks top 3 protected) for Murray .

What we would have is:

• Trae/Delon/Riffe
  • Murry/Bogi/Griffin
  • Hunter/Kev/Martin
  • JC/JJ
  • Clint

Thin in the frontcourt. 

There is some FA C that would take the min to play with us.   Maybe 2. 

Here's some thoughts..

Of course, you know Robin Lopez is high on my list.

but...

Thomas Bryant?

Could we interest LaMarcus Aldridge to play a little 4-5?

How about a Home Coming for Dwight Howard? Dwight could actually be the third C used in spot duty. Trae would set him up well if he can still jump. 

Frank Kaminsky?

Regardless of what we do, the other thing we have to honestly ask ourselves is... Where will we trade Bogi.   Bogi won't be happy coming off the bench. 

Maybe we can solve a lot of problems with a Bogi for Myles Turner deal

2 hours ago, swanlee said:

I think some of you just want change for change sake and dont realize hiw bad we may be losing JC, or OO and having no real draft for several years.

I don't think most people want change just for change sake.  I do, however, think there's a real divide in how people define certain dynamics of the team - specifically "gutting our team" and "giving away our future" - two statements I've seen various posters mention.

For me, sending a singular player from our core out and in return acquiring another player that would be part of the core is not gutting the team.  That's just replacing one player in the core with another that likely fits better.

For me, sending 3 FRPs out when we have 8 picks in the next 7 years is not really hampering the future of the team.  This one is a little more nuanced because we all have our opinions on how effective the Hawks drafting is.  I think it's the best its been in a long while under TS but in reality, he's still only for sure hit on 3 of 9 picks he's made (JC at 19, Trae at 5, Huerter at 19) with an additional 3 too early to tell (OO, JJ, and Griffin).  Hunter is still a big ? to me but could turn out ok (but the cost to acquire that 4th pick was huge) while Cam and Spellman are busts.  

So I think it's a reasonable position to take to say giving up 3 picks out of 8 upcoming is certainly not hampering the growth of the franchise to any great extent. In all likelihood, one of those 3 would be a solid pick, one would be a ?, and one would be a bust.  Just going by the track record.  But all are likely to be late 1st which makes it even harder to predict.  

So for me, one core player plus 3 1sts is a big ask, but I'd still do it considering Murray's age and fit next to Trae.  I don't think he alone makes the Hawks a contender, but I also don't think the trade (as suggested) cripples the franchise's ability to make additional trades going forward.  

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Well see who blinks first. My guess is the Knicks get him in the end.

If Knicks get their man...  They won't need Murray. 

Think about it.   If they get Brunsen.. they have Brunsen and Barrett in the Backcourt.. where will Murray go?  OFf the bench?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

I don't think most people want change just for change sake.  I do, however, think there's a real divide in how people define certain dynamics of the team - specifically "gutting our team" and "giving away our future" - two statements I've seen various posters mention.

For me, sending a singular player from our core out and in return acquiring another player that would be part of the core is not gutting the team.  That's just replacing one player in the core with another that likely fits better.

For me, sending 3 FRPs out when we have 8 picks in the next 7 years is not really hampering the future of the team.  This one is a little more nuanced because we all have our opinions on how effective the Hawks drafting is.  I think it's the best its been in a long while under TS but in reality, he's still only for sure hit on 3 of 9 picks he's made (JC at 19, Trae at 5, Huerter at 19) with an additional 3 too early to tell (OO, JJ, and Griffin).  Hunter is still a big ? to me but could turn out ok (but the cost to acquire that 4th pick was huge) while Cam and Spellman are busts.  

So I think it's a reasonable position to take to say giving up 3 picks out of 8 upcoming is certainly not hampering the growth of the franchise to any great extent. In all likelihood, one of those 3 would be a solid pick, one would be a ?, and one would be a bust.  Just going by the track record.  But all are likely to be late 1st which makes it even harder to predict.  

So for me, one core play plus 3 1sts is a big ask, but I'd still do it considering Murray's age and fit next to Trae.  I don't think he alone makes the Hawks a contender, but I also don't think the trade (as suggested) cripples the franchise's ability to make additional trades going forward.  

If someone [] is out here promoting this trade like it's the greatest thing since slice bread and you never even mentioned him on this site before a month ago, you are just [] seeking a change for the sake of a change. 

That's the problem with fans in general, they have no patience and they have no foresight. That's fine, they aren't GMs but if you are one, you should never move like one. Memphis started their rebuild six months after we did and have had a ton of success. Three playoff runs, their series with GS was the best till injuries piled up. 

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If Knicks get their man...  They won't need Murray. 

Think about it.   If they get Brunsen.. they have Brunsen and Barrett in the Backcourt.. where will Murray go?  OFf the bench?

Exactly. Plus they would have to lock up max extensions for all 3. Murray, Barrett, and Brunson... When Knicks traded Burks and Noel the salary matching got extremely tough now to make a trade work unless Spurs take Fournier or Randle and also send out another asset back to Knicks. Fournier is 3 year deal and Randle has 4 years. They also are hard to move contracts with negative value. Think JC contract and why it hasn't been traded.

Edited by theheroatl

• Moderators
2 hours ago, NekiEcko said:

This mentality is how you become the Knicks, taking big swings that are weight risked heavily towards the risk side over the reward side. You do have to take risks sometimes but they need to be smart risks not obvious overpays in the hopes that the player will become an MVP candidate and not leave you as an UFA in two years.

• Like 2