• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

44 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Who's gonna be first to go down the 'now we can Traed Young' road?

Probably @Peoriabird lol

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'd rather have Ayton, because he and John would create a lot more space for Trae and Dejounte to work with.

Honestly and I can’t believe I’m saying this Gobert defense may be more important and impactful for this team than Ayton even if Ayton can space the floor more.

Having Murray here has kind of changed my stance on Ayton over Gobert. Then again having a big scoring 3 of Trae, Murray, & Ayton is extremely intriguing!

Ayton is a better scoring pick option than Gobert because he doesn’t have to be right under the goal to score.

oh and I think we should keep collins by all means now!

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

bit what is does is forces the team to remain competitive- No tanking.

I like this a lot. We need to develop a winning culture like Dejounte’s last team.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

On the Trae Murray fit, not worried

With Murray Trae can release his full inner Iverson some nights, no more doubles.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I understand all of the concerns about the picks. Ultimately we need to build a winning team around Trae TODAY and hope that some of the young talent we have continues to improve. If all of that happens we will be fine IMO. This isn’t like the Nets mortgaging their future for old KG and PP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

Hey, y'all remember being pissed at the return on that Cam trade?

Fast forward to now and that pick helps us get Murray, and the Knicks don't have it for themselves to get Murray.

Fun times.

It’s like when we lost Augmon I was pissed but then we got Mutombo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I really wanted this to be the Charlotte pick, our 2023 and our 2025 if we were going to do 3 picks.

2025 1st would be risky but some risk is tolerable.  2026 swap is scary.  2027 pick is terrifying.

Bear in mind, we now have Murray through 2024 only.  By the time our first pick comes due (2025), he can be long gone on to his next team as an UFA.

Murray needs to be a star (adjust to playing with Trae and get your scoring efficiency way up young man) and TS has to keep this team outstanding for 5 years because the risk is very real with this deal.

But in the short term, it is nothing but exciting for the team.

JC isn't the next domino to fall for me.  It is Bogi.

Rich owner + Bird Rights = 

Money Guns GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

If you're worried about 5 years from now, here were the top teams in the east 5 years AGO

image.png.a5dfc7aae308fe2f6d8c211f2d5d556b.png

The NBA is cyclical.   The NBA is also a place where the teams with the best cohesive talent, wins.

2027 doesn't scare me.  If we can keep Trae Young, we will always be in the mix for at least a playoff spot.  And if we keep a high level player around him, we will be in contention for that East crown.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Congratulations Schields on your first big trade!

:good:

24 minutes ago, Dejay said:

They saw a mistake in running it back with the same squad and quickly pivoted. 

This is by far the biggest thing. Fix the problem, don't compound it.

21 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

But, @JayBirdHawk got her man here, so I’m stoked for her calling her shot two years ago! 

:hmm:

17 minutes ago, sturt said:

So, wait. Did I see that Gallo ended up with his entire $21.5m guaranteed after all, or am I making that up?

Interesting. Glad for Gallo if true.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yep, Nate already says he sees them as 2/3. 

We wouldn't get Turner. We would get a lot of cap space, a 1st to recoup. We can now do the Capela/Ayton trade with no chaser. 

Gotta stop viewing stuff in Nate’s lens imo. That man gone after next season 

• Haha 2