• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

51 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Unless Atlanta is just trying to honor the fact that he wants out. I would keep him but like Denver with Nyland, Okongwu is primed and ready for a starting role at the 4. 

For Nate’s simple offense to work, our forwards are going to have to be elite shooters from the corners. It makes the Griffin pick look that much better.

• Premium Member
Just now, sturt said:

Before you wrap it up, would be nice to have some retrospective from each, if he has the time to write it up... what you thought was going to happen and when, how your thinking had to adjust as the timeline moved along, and what insights you may have now that you didn't have before... or whatever else occurs to you.

Good call.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Minutes rotation

PG - Trae ( 34 ) - Murray ( 14 )

G - Murray ( 18 ) - Bogi ( 26 ) - Huerter ( 4 )

F - Hunter ( 26 ) - Huerter ( 22 )

PF - Collins ( 32 ) -  Johnson ( 12 ) - Hunter ( 4 )

C - Capela ( 28 ) - Okongwu ( 20 )

Total minutes

• Trae - 34
  • Murray - 32
  • Collins - 32
  • Hunter - 30
  • Capela - 28
  • Bogi - 26
  • Huerter - 26
  • Okongwu - 20
  • Johnson - 12

That's a solid 9 man rotation, with Murray playing split minutes at PG and SG.  If they don't want Hunter playing any PF ( which I don't ), you take 4 minutes from Huerter and give it to Hunter.

Of course, potential injuries will give some of the others to play significant roles.   AJ Griffin MIGHT crack the rotation at SF, if Hunter or Huerter falters.  He'll definitely play if one of the wings go down.

Okongwu getting 20mpg is disgusting. John will have to be traded.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Sorry sir.  Cooper isn't cracking this lineup, because Nate isn't playing more than 10 players.   

He might only play 9.

JJ ain't cracking the rotation either. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Okongwu - 20

I think he's gotta play more minutes. That was his total last year and many wondered why it seemed his minutes were capped. Maybe lower Cap's minutes to keep him healthy and give OO 4 more minutes - lower Cap's and Johnson by 2 minutes. That way we can actually see if OO has any offense at PF.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cam1218 said:

When I think of the Highlight factory I think of embarrassing second round playoff finishes lol.

Please respect that team, especially since we only lost 1 series that we weren't the higher seed.  They were the ones who put hope back into this franchise. 

We had missed the playoffs for 7 years in a row, before that group finally matured enough to get to that next level ( with the help of Bibby )

That team was the start of a 10 year consecutive playoff run, the longest in Hawks history.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Someone’s take over at the spurs blog haha (I think his draft pick years are off, am I right?)

“Note that the 2023 Charlotte first round pick is heavily protected and will likely convey into a second round pick in 2026. And the 2026 swap will never happen.

The Spurs trade Murray for:

a 2025 second round pick

a 2027 (late) first round pick

a 2029 (late) first round pick

an expiring Gallo.

This is the worst trade in Spurs history and an absolute abomination.”

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Someone’s take over at the spurs blog haha (I think his draft pick years are off, am I right?)

“Note that the 2023 Charlotte first round pick is heavily protected and will likely convey into a second round pick in 2026. And the 2026 swap will never happen.

The Spurs trade Murray for:

a 2025 second round pick

a 2027 (late) first round pick

a 2029 (late) first round pick

an expiring Gallo.

This is the worst trade in Spurs history and an absolute abomination.”

No 2029 pick.